January Transfer Rumours | Page 2 | Vital Football

January Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 71155

A possible perhaps? Luke Jephcott - 23 and almost 150 professional matches. Had an extremely hot streak at Plymouth one season and was tipped to move to the Championship.
I think James Brown (insert puns) is technically an ex-imp although I don't remember seeing him play!

Feel like I'm on the lookout for midfielders we can link with a bit of experience as I believe the Smith rumour a bit.

We were linked, alongside a host of other clubs, with Greg Docherty earlier in the window.

Central midfielder with decent experience/pedigree, but has mainly been resigned to appearances from the bench for Hull this season.

Believe he only has one start in the Championship all season, and that was last weekend.

Certainly ticks a couple of boxes, albeit I have no idea what type of midfielder he is.

Wonder if that particular rumour will ramp up if/when Smith leaves.

Greg Docherty is an interesting one. Very influential for Hull when they beat us to the title in 2021 but has managed only one goal in 86 appearances in the Championship. Still only 27.

Unless someone is buying Erhahon or Hamilton, that would be three players into two places. I would rather us look at left-back or a winger.
Agree we need a left back, but surely we're looking for an "improved" model replace Smith too? We need to keep pushing the Ethan's, a lack of competition for their place doesn't do that.

Unless someone is buying Erhahon or Hamilton, that would be three players into two places. I would rather us look at left-back or a winger.
Hamilton is pretty likely to have a 2 match suspension coming. As we know with strikers, no cover for senior players is risky. The trick is someone who can perform as a midfield starter but is primarily reinforcement from the bench.

Virtue strikes me as the sort of player we might actually buy in January (or we have done in the past). Out of contract in the summer, we are likely to be outbid for his wages come the summer time if he is available on a free. I'm assuming now Blackpool will know if he is going to be offered another contract. He's proven (at least to me) that he can play League 1 standard and I think he would be an excellent addition to our midfield, certainly an upgrade on Smith and a better option than Lasse in central midfield.

With both Adelukan and Smith gone out on loans I think we can certainly say we have at least one or more players coming in. But who and in what position?
But as usual the club are keeping tight lipped about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.