January Transfer Rumours | Page 8 | Vital Football

January Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst we do need strengthening in attacking positions just pondering if we actually sign one of the names mentioned above, what would this mean for Draper’s game time

Whilst we do need strengthening in attacking positions just pondering if we actually sign one of the names mentioned above, what would this mean for Draper’s game time
As an afterthought if we strengthen, we could I presume loan Freddie back to Walsall again

Sounds good if Taylor is coming in having been courted by some of the bigger clubs in our league. To go from recent games where we've had next to no out and out forwards available and then have Draper, Moylan, Hackett back and potentially another goalscorer, all now available seems pretty good. Might become apparent very quickly how much of our problems have just been a lack of forwards/to what degree that's true!

I suspect Freddie will stay with us. I would guess Makama would be loaned out or we would enjoy a bit of depth.
That would make perfect sense. Makama has had a great run in the side (25 appearances this season) but has only one goal, and that came against a very poor Wolves Toddlers; more than enough evidence that he is not up to L1 yet. Draper has shown that he is already good enough to score regularly in L2, which is promising for L1.

I work with a Luton fan who said he was at yesterday's FA Cup game and was told that we've gazumped Bolton for the loan signing of Joe Taylor.
I wonder what "gazumped" would mena in this context. A higher loan fee or contribution to wages, or an agreement to start him whenever fit? Or playing him in a system Luton prefer? As others have said, Bolton aren't short of forwards, so I could see us being more attractive from a "playing time" POV.

That would make perfect sense. Makama has had a great run in the side (25 appearances this season) but has only one goal, and that came against a very poor Wolves Toddlers; more than enough evidence that he is not up to L1 yet. Draper has shown that he is already good enough to score regularly in L2, which is promising for L1.
Also really awkward look for the social media team to have made such a big thing about his return, only to loan him back out 2 weeks later!

Makama has shown plenty of promise for the level - with more natural strike partners I think he could have shone. I think he probably just needs 6 months away to reset himself, get some goals and confidence, and remove some of the negativity.

Mellon now also recalled.

(If we gazumped Bolton on Taylor, I hope it wasn’t because Bolton wanted this fella. Who looks a slightly better bet. Didn’t he score against us?

Probably a bit too similar to Draper and Moylan?

From Wiki re Mellon:-

He has been described as "a physical striker capable of playing with his back to goal and with fine scoring instincts".

I think I prefer the idea of Taylor - smaller with goalscoring instincts - which we haven't had at the club for .... a long while?

Status
Not open for further replies.