January moves? | Page 9 | Vital Football

January moves?

hope its just that a rumour im sure the new owners will have there sight set on better quality than this reading soon to be reject
if not then we might be in trouble a little down the road

Blackett’s one of those who is only at this level because he played for Man Utd otherwise he’d be far lower down.

New owners in fresh ambition shocker. If only we knew how that felt.

Took over a year to buy us and barely a peep out of 'em since. Hopefully they'll let their transfer business do the talking.

Chris Martin? Is doing terribly for Hull at the moment so they might be willing to offload him to us. If he can return to the form he showed a few years ago he could be a good signing for us. Is an aerial threat as well.

James Mccarthy being made available for loan! Could it be another old face returning?

James Mccarthy being made available for loan! Could it be another old face returning?

He will stay lower end premier league unless they see him as needing game time to prove himself after the injury which would put us in the mix with the connections. We are crying out for 2 midfield players...then again 3 defenders and 2 forwards plus a goalkeeper but hey ho, we cannot have everything.

Chris Martin? Is doing terribly for Hull at the moment so they might be willing to offload him to us. If he can return to the form he showed a few years ago he could be a good signing for us. Is an aerial threat as well.
Not a bad shout but big wages. One of those that would either be brilliant or go down as one of our worst signings ever. No middle ground really with him.

Not a bad shout but big wages. One of those that would either be brilliant or go down as one of our worst signings ever. No middle ground really with him.

Yeah, his best years were no doubt 2013-14, 2014-15, and 2015-16, when he scored 52 goals in a total of 121 Championship appearances. The former of those two seasons in particular were very good for him. I remember going to the Derby match at the DW in April 2015, I think it was, and he scored a decent goal. Although, he is yet to score in 14 appearances for Hull this season. I'd be happy if we signed him because I still think he has a few years left and could be good for us, but like you say it is a risk given his poor form the past couple of seasons, and relative old age. Difficult one, really.

I thought we'd be sniffing round Tilt as he was player of the year for Blackpool last year and attracting a bit of a buzz. Not seen enough of him toknow if he's got what it takes for the step up. Ipswich were close to signing him last summer but couldn't agree a fee i think Blackpool were after close to 2m.

Martin is one I've thought about too as he is a top player if you can get him fit and on song. But after his poor run at Hull it would be a gamble but i could see the logic. I think I'd look at other options first but I'd not rule out that as a back up if we get desperate.

Keeper, left back and centre half all absolute musts.

Striker doesn't matter if we sign one if we continue to play negatively and keep our most creative midfielders sat on the bench.

Surley by now the club must know who they want or are we once again going to panic on the last day once again
Yeah, why don't they tell us all who their targets are and what their budget is? What a good idea, at least us fans will then know who we could have had.

Yeah, why don't they tell us all who their targets are and what their budget is? What a good idea, at least us fans will then know who we could have had.
They should. Not like their plan of surprising fans with 5 mystery signings on deadline day has worked so far. Wonder who the next person we’re going to sign up will be and where they’ll end up on loan at the start of next season.

Sadly it appears Kieron dowell has gone to Sheffield united. I was hoping we'd get him in the summer and is a pity as I was hoping he was one we may be targeting for a permanent deal, if not a loan, to replace Powell.