January 2024 Transfer Window Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Blackpool Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Hayden Coulson on a loan deal until the end of the season.

The left sided player arrives from boyhood Club Middlesbrough, having come through the Academy at the Riverside to go on and make over 50 appearances for the first-team. A former England youth international, Coulson made his competitive debut at the age of just 17 in the EFL Trophy back in 2016.

Now 25, Coulson has enjoyed a number of loan stints across the EFL with the likes of Ipswich and Peterborough. Most recently, he spent the 2022/23 season on loan at Aberdeen, where he made 31 appearances in all competitions to help the Dons finish third in the Scottish Premiership.

On signing for Blackpool, Hayden Coulson said:

"This is a great move and I'm delighted to be here.

"I think this move is right for me for a number of reasons. I want to play football and play for a good team who are fighting at the top end of the division. I spoke to the gaffer at length and it seemed to fit really well with everything he was telling me about the Club and the group here.

"I'm looking forward to being here and can't wait to get started."

Head Coach Neil Critchley said:

“Hayden joins us with good experience across both the EFL and Scottish Premiership, and we’re pleased to welcome him here to Blackpool.

“We believe he will be a quality addition to our squad for the second half of the season and brings us a good balance on the left hand side of the pitch.”

He's a left back apparently

Blackpool and Leyton Orient are keen on Liverpool forward Harvey Blair, according to the Daily Mail.​

Blackpool and Leyton Orient are both interested in taking the youngster on loan for the second-half of the League One season.

Blair, 20, has been out injured with a knee problem so far in this campaign but is now ready to get some game time.

According to the Daily Mail, he is ‘likely’ to head out the exit door before the end of the January transfer window with the Seasiders and the O’s in the frame to land him along with Reading. Unnamed teams in Belgium and Denmark are also said to be admirers, whilst Portsmouth wanted him last summer.

Blair, who dons the number 86 shirt for Jurgen Klopp’s side, played for Manchester United before switching to Liverpool’s academy. He has since risen up through the ranks at Anfield and has been a regular for the Reds at various youth levels so far in his career.

The Huddersfield-born man was handed his first-team debut by the Premier League giants in a Carabao Cup clash against Preston North End in October 2021.

Blackpool could see him as someone to bolster their attacking department as they eye promotion back to the Championship. Their boss Neil Critchley has worked at Liverpool in the past and his side are currently sat in 8th position in the table, four points off the play-offs.

Leyton Orient are seven points behind the Tangerines under their manager Richie Wellens and are also being linked with Blair as they look to add more quality to their ranks.

The O’s won the League Two title last term and have adapted well to life in the division above

"Happy to see him go"​

• Charlton Athletic's Terell Thomas is attracting interest from Blackpool and Reading to boost their defensive options for the second half of the season.

"He does provide good cover for when Edun is injured, we don't necessarily have another player that can play left-back. Thomas is a bit unconventional because he's naturally a centre-back but he can play out there."

"Happy to see him go"​

• Charlton Athletic's Terell Thomas is attracting interest from Blackpool and Reading to boost their defensive options for the second half of the season.

"He does provide good cover for when Edun is injured, we don't necessarily have another player that can play left-back. Thomas is a bit unconventional because he's naturally a centre-back but he can play out there."

Surely not another left back? Critchley seems to keep collecting players in the same position when it's patently obvious we are lacking in other areas. Like strikers!

We fortunately secured the services of Rhodes for the rest of the season. If we didn't we would only have had 1 fit striker, Kyle Joseph, who has been used half a dozen times as a sub with the instruction seemingly "Go and run around like a headless chicken for 20 minutes."

Hopefully Beesley won't be out for too long. At least he started scoring regularly, he can hold the ball up and was improving every game alongside Rhodes. Kouassi would be a welcome boost too if or when he comes back. He offers that physicality we lack against the hard to break down teams. Not bothered about Lavery tbf.

Blackpool and Leyton Orient are keen on Liverpool forward Harvey Blair, according to the Daily Mail.​

Blackpool and Leyton Orient are both interested in taking the youngster on loan for the second-half of the League One season.

Blair, 20, has been out injured with a knee problem so far in this campaign but is now ready to get some game time.

According to the Daily Mail, he is ‘likely’ to head out the exit door before the end of the January transfer window with the Seasiders and the O’s in the frame to land him along with Reading. Unnamed teams in Belgium and Denmark are also said to be admirers, whilst Portsmouth wanted him last summer.

Blair, who dons the number 86 shirt for Jurgen Klopp’s side, played for Manchester United before switching to Liverpool’s academy. He has since risen up through the ranks at Anfield and has been a regular for the Reds at various youth levels so far in his career.

The Huddersfield-born man was handed his first-team debut by the Premier League giants in a Carabao Cup clash against Preston North End in October 2021.

Blackpool could see him as someone to bolster their attacking department as they eye promotion back to the Championship. Their boss Neil Critchley has worked at Liverpool in the past and his side are currently sat in 8th position in the table, four points off the play-offs.

Leyton Orient are seven points behind the Tangerines under their manager Richie Wellens and are also being linked with Blair as they look to add more quality to their ranks.

The O’s won the League Two title last term and have adapted well to life in the division above

Had a look around t'internet for stuff about Blair. He has a weird Raheem Sterling run, he's 5'10" more of a winger and likes to put diagonal shots in. He looks quite quick but he seems raw. Not sure he'd fit in for an end of season push. He'd definitely be one to look at if he had a full pre-season, a few cup and sub appearances. But I don't reckon he will have that impact which could set him back being as he's 20 and had little competitive 1st team experience.

Still it'd be nice to nick him off squeaky Wellens! 😁

Critch did an interview today and said the link with Blair wasn’t real I think.

In terms of left backs (or wing backs), I don’t agree we are we’ll stock with “quality” left backs.

Husband can’t and won’t play that role now, he’s an out and out centre back.

Thompson obviously isn’t in favour, and what he needs is regular games so I could see him heading out on loan and hoping for an Olly Casey type experience.

Lyon’s is there at the minute and looking decent, but he’s a right back. We have enough games that he’ll be needed on the right and left at times.

Main query then is Dale - and I wouldn’t be overly suprised if he were to leave either. He doesn’t provide enough attacking threat despite the odd eye catching moment. 2 goals and 1 assist isn’t enough return on 21 games this year in a side that scores as much as we do.

Blackpool, Port Vale and Stockport County are interested in Warrington Rylands attacker Adama Sidebeh, reports Pete O’Rourke.​

The non-league striker is attracting plenty of attention from the Football League this winter.

Sidebeh has scored 15 goals so far this season for Warrington Rylands in the Northern Premier League and they could face a real battle to keep hold of him now.

Reporter O’Rourke has claimed on X that he is wanted by Blackpool, Port Vale and Stockport, as well as Salford City, AFC Fylde and Altrincham.

Warrington Rylands swooped to sign Sidebeh last summer and he has been their key man up top during the first-half of this term.
Prior to his move to his current club, he played for Cheadle Heath Nomads in the North West Counties League and fired 20 goals in the 2022/23 campaign, winning their Player of the Year award in the process.
Sidebeh could be seen by Blackpool as someone to bolster their attacking department as they eye a place in the League One play-offs.

Havant and Waterlooville FC are pleased to announce the signing of Kwaku Donkor on a short-term loan deal from EFL League One side Blackpool FC

Donkor, 19, joined the Seasiders at 16 on a Scholarship and signed professional terms with the Lancashire side in June 2023. Kwaku has featured regularly in the Youth set-up and has featured for their First Team in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy Group Stage in wins against Barrow AFC, Morecambe and Liverpool Under 21’s where he grabbed his first senior assist against the Merseyside outfit.

Nor surprised by this move. Never saw anything that made me think he could cut it

Blackpool defender Doug Tharme has completed a permanent move to Sky Bet League Two side Grimsby Town for an undisclosed fee.
The centre back made five competitive appearances for the Seasiders following his 2022 move from National League North side Southport.
Tharme spent the 2022/23 campaign on loan in Sky Bet League One with Accrington Stanley.
The Club wishes Doug the best of luck for the future.

Nor surprised by this move. Never saw anything that made me think he could cut it

Blackpool defender Doug Tharme has completed a permanent move to Sky Bet League Two side Grimsby Town for an undisclosed fee.
The centre back made five competitive appearances for the Seasiders following his 2022 move from National League North side Southport.
Tharme spent the 2022/23 campaign on loan in Sky Bet League One with Accrington Stanley.
The Club wishes Doug the best of luck for the future.

I thought he had a decent game the other night. Got the longest throw in that I've ever seen from anyone in Tangerine. Involved heavily in 2nd goal. Maybe he has peaked already if so I agree he isn't or wasn't going to trouble the starting 11. Hopefully all outgoing players should have a sell-on clause.