January 2024 Transfer Window Thread | Vital Football

January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
With the news surrounding CJ gaining interest from other clubs there's news of an incoming signing today so I thought it is the right time to start yet another transfer rumour thread.

Nixon us reporting today that Madine is close to a return with us..🙈

Last edited:
Not a fan and think the Goal Machine rumour is Nixon Nonsense but who would you rather see on the bench, Mad Ine or Beesley?

Not a fan and think the Goal Machine rumour is Nixon Nonsense but who would you rather see on the bench, Mad Ine or Beesley?
I simply won't have him back here - I'm having none of it! From what I hear; he's not liked by his team mates, he's a bully and is disruptive. He's also a loose cannon on the pitch and does more harm than good. No. If he returns I'm gone.

Hasn't Beesley already scored more goals this season than Madine has in all but 1 of his years with us?

Given how much we were concerned about the striker spots in the summer, i'd argue it's our deepest position now:
- Rhodes
- Joseph
- Lavery
- Beesley
- Kouassi

I think Beesley could/should go out on loan in January (depending on fitness of others). But if Rhodes got recalled the answer cannot be Gary Madine.

Now that the logical bit is out the way, i'll also add I don't want him anywhere near the club. Getting pissed and drunk driving, without even mentioning his previous stint in jail, is not the character we want influencing others.

Hasn't Beesley already scored more goals this season than Madine has in all but 1 of his years with us?

Given how much we were concerned about the striker spots in the summer, i'd argue it's our deepest position now:
- Rhodes
- Joseph
- Lavery
- Beesley
- Kouassi

I think Beesley could/should go out on loan in January (depending on fitness of others). But if Rhodes got recalled the answer cannot be Gary Madine.

Now that the logical bit is out the way, i'll also add I don't want him anywhere near the club. Getting pissed and drunk driving, without even mentioning his previous stint in jail, is not the character we want influencing others.
Goals for Blackpool:

Rhodes - 20 appearances - 15 goals = 1 every 1.3 games
Beesley - 32 appearances - 11 goals = 1 every 2.9 games
Kouassi - 13 appearances - 5 goals = 1 every 2.6 games
Lavery - 85 appearances - 17 goals = 1 every 5 games

Rhodes is way out in front and Lavery way out behind! That is without calculating how many games Kouassi has only been a sub or how many times Beesley has been subbed off. Lavery should be the one sent out on loan. He might even keep fit with different training methods or regimes.

Last edited:
Goals for Blackpool:

Rhodes - 20 appearances - 15 goals = 1 every 1.3 games
Beesley - 32 appearances - 11 goals = 1 every 2.9 games
Kouassi - 13 appearances - 5 goals = 1 every 2.6 games
Lavery - 85 appearances - 17 goals = 1 every 5 games

Rhodes is way out in front and Lavery way out behind! That is without calculating how many games Kouassi has only been a sub or how many times Beesley has Lavery seems t`been subbed off. Lavery should be the one sent out on loan. He might even keep fit with different training methods or regimes.
Lavery seems to have played from the bench a lot. He also has a number of those games in the Championship. Just saying.

Lavery seems to have played from the bench a lot. He also has a number of those games in the Championship. Just saying.

But, Beesley and Kouassi as I mentioned have been subbed off a lot and also been subs a lot too. I'm sure if I did research on minutes per goal it wouldn't show Lavery as being twice as good as the current stats show or in Rhodes' case nearly 5 times as good. As for the Championship goals, he will have been receiving better assists from the Championship standard players we had, ie Yates, Bowler, Patino, Poveda and Madine.

I would never class Lavery and Rhodes in the same breath

"Championship standard players we had, ie Yates, Bowler, Patino, Poveda and Madine." PARDON?

Bowler??
Madine??
Patino where numbnuts was playing him?