January 2019 Transfer Window | Page 74 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
Big improvement move for Palace. Zaha-Michy-Andros/Ayew

Tactically interesting by Chelski. Palace have to play almost all Chelski's competition for top4 spots yet this season.

With Zaha banned for sending off, Benteke never got going, Mtchy makes sense. Also, might get the Belgian Benteke/Mitchy rhythm going. Good move by them.

I bet it didn't take their scouts 12 months to plan this!...

Just can't believe this we have a chairman with no ambition at all. We are 7 points behind Liverpool with a squad that is punching . All we needed was a few quality signings to bridge the gap but we have Levy . There was players out there but no he would not put his hand in his pocket. I am genuinely afraid as I can see us dropping down. We have the worst cm partnership in any of the top 6 and maybe lower. Although improved Sissoko is still a donkey and Winks can dribble bit has no vision or eye for goal .

Misplaced blame/angst against Levy. There HAVE been options that HAVE been presented to the Manager, who has rejected said options.

This I KNOW. 100000000000000000000000%.

As has been said elsewhere in the world, I don't necessarily agree with his approach, but he's earned the right to manage the squad as he see's fit IMO, and as much arm waving frustration it's creating with fans, the results are there to admire.

So, it's all on him, and from what I understand, he is perfectly fine with that.

COYS!

Misplaced blame/angst against Levy. There HAVE been options that HAVE been presented to the Manager, who has rejected said options.

As has been said elsewhere in the world, I don't necessarily agree with his approach, but he's earned the right to manage the squad as he see's fit IMO, and as much arm waving frustration it's creating with fans, the results are there to admire.

So, it's all on him, and from what I understand, he is perfectly fine with that.

COYS!

What are the options

I don’t think anyone is unreasonable tbh

I’m frustrated we’ve kept the deadwood/not sorted one for summer

COYS!

Wow!...underlined KNOW and gazillion %???. Enlighten us.

COYS!

I think Xvausch is dead on.

See I take X point. I also wonder if it's another sign of an ego out of control let's face it if he gets champions league again without spending anything you can't argue that he really is embarrassing nearly ALL his rivals it's taken Klopp 250million to be seven points better than him and Pep 650 million to be two. Can't argue he has earned the right.

See I take X point. I also wonder if it's another sign of an ego out of control let's face it if he gets champions league again without spending anything you can't argue that he really is embarrassing nearly ALL his rivals it's taken Klopp 250million to be seven points better than him and Pep 650 million to be two. Can't argue he has earned the right.

Also, if you know we are going to have more money to spend when we get into the stadium then why piss it away on subpar players now that you'll have trouble moving on? I agree with Pochettino. Keep your powder dry.

Really would be something, and it's a better bet than not that he succeeds, at least in garnering CL for next year, and a fun fight at the top of the Prem.

I saw the £650m expenditure by Pep since he got to Citeh, holy fuck I didn't know they'd spent quite that much.

Maybe the guy really is a genius.

TBH, I wasn't arguing against X's scenario, more his assertion!.

In fact I agree with what he has insinuated as I too believe there's an ego thing with BOTH Poch and Levy, both out to make a point. However, if this strategy lands them with egg on their face, it's the fans that will have to swallow our pride when confronted by other supporters. A club that always comes so close, needing that little financial push. The nearly men.

Of course I hope this approach pays off.

I was sitting with a friend last week who was on speakerphone with a player that was offered, wanted to come, had essentially agreed to a framework of terms, and IMO would have been a fantastic bit of biz. Needed Poch's blessing to come to final terms & consummate the deal.

"And that's all I'm gonna say about that." - Forrest Gump