January 2019 Transfer Window | Page 73 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
Sterling to Sunderland - guess we will see how good he is compared to Maja

So 2 out the window that have played minutes in the last few games....

I would like to know what is going on.

We obviously have money as there was legs to a couple of deals according to Ex, who we have no reason to doubt in the slightest.

What are our recruitment team doing?

I get the lack of incoming major signings. Very tough in January but thought we might have been bold enough to be prepared to buy and loan back and get ahead of things in the summer. Not to be.

What bugs me the most is that we've had since August to find a new club for someone like Nkoudou. When you think about it, if the due diligence is done well there he's gone first week of Jan. The deal we've now got is a nothing loan with no guaranteed sale. We're back in the same position in the summer.

With Janssen, perhaps slightly different as he was in recovery mode from injury. It probably needed to be back end loaded in Jan but here we are 3 hours to go and Betis link now apparently gone. We'd be better off paying his wages to go and play for Neil Warnock after that sad loss of Sala. That way he gets to prove himself and build his reputation in the Prem. We'll get that salary back in transfer fees in the summer if he gets going. If he's sitting in our U23's with a manager who will only wish him "good morning" every day and perhaps hold the door open for him, that's pathetic. I still think he'll go in these next couple of hours but like Nkoudou I don't think there will be a buy clause.

Most disappointing is not identifying a next gen player and bringing them in.

I get the lack of incoming major signings. Very tough in January but thought we might have been bold enough to be prepared to buy and loan back and get ahead of things in the summer. Not to be.

What bugs me the most is that we've had since August to find a new club for someone like Nkoudou. When you think about it, if the due diligence is done well there he's gone first week of Jan. The deal we've now got is a nothing loan with no guaranteed sale. We're back in the same position in the summer.

With Janssen, perhaps slightly different as he was in recovery mode from injury. It probably needed to be back end loaded in Jan but here we are 3 hours to go and Betis link now apparently gone. We'd be better off paying his wages to go and play for Neil Warnock after that sad loss of Sala. That way he gets to prove himself and build his reputation in the Prem. We'll get that salary back in transfer fees in the summer if he gets going. If he's sitting in our U23's with a manager who will only wish him "good morning" every day and perhaps hold the door open for him, that's pathetic. I still think he'll go in these next couple of hours but like Nkoudou I don't think there will be a buy clause.

Most disappointing is not identifying a next gen player and bringing them in.

Again I agree - Ins and outs should have been sorted after the Summer window.

I would have sent him to Cardiff for free and pay his wages, he gets first team football like you said.

another deal fell through due to money, why are we even charging if its a loan.

I think we will need 4 in?

2 x CM/Forward/CB

would not rule out Rose leaving either.

I don't think we will sign any keepers or defenders. I think we will promote Whiteman to 3rd choice. Gazz 2nd choice.

KWP will get loaned out.

I can see Wana being loaned out.

I think Amos would have been used a bit this season if not for injury. At worst we need 1 new strong CM/DM.

Skipp is nowhere near ready.

For whatever reason I can't see us signing a striker. Probably another AM.

I can't see us signing more than 2 players. Unless Eriksen goes then perhaps 3-4.

CM/AM will be our main targets IMO.

I don't think we will sign any keepers or defenders. I think we will promote Whiteman to 3rd choice. Gazz 2nd choice.

KWP will get loaned out.

I can see Wana being loaned out.

I think Amos would have been used a bit this season if not for injury. At worst we need 1 new strong CM/DM.

Skipp is nowhere near ready.

For whatever reason I can't see us signing a striker. Probably another AM.

I can't see us signing more than 2 players. Unless Eriksen goes then perhaps 3-4.

CM/AM will be our main targets IMO.

KWP should be pushing for a loan, hes wasting away.

I can't see wanyama being loaned if hes fit.

I am all for another Son esq forward - we should have been aiming for that anyway.

We desperately need a ball breaking CM - a top draw one that will cost 50 million or so.

We havent signed a single player in 18 months by the time the window opens.

haha Michy loan to clubs quoted at £2m......

Quote to Spurs...... £ EIGHT MILLION

Classic.

Fair play to Chelsea.

I think they will fold on that price if we are the only team in for him come 10

chairman just love wasting money - another one line Vincent

FROM THE WIRES - TOMORROWS NEWS

Football club owners across the globe have been left in a state of shock over revelations that Tottenham Hotspur have managed to maintain an ‘austerious maximus balance’ approach in its recruitment policy.

In an unprecedented move, the club has neither allowed anyone to leave or has recruited staff for a period of 18 months.

The move has sent shockwaves through the footballing recruitment industry – with many agents suggesting that the game is indeed ‘crazy’.

However, insiders at the club have expressed concerns that the strategy is now having an impact across all areas of operations.

Beryl Hotspur, Head of Toilets said: “It’s a nonsense, I was given a lovely pair of lavatory attendants who came all the way from France and Africa over 18 months ago. Lovely boys, and they both seemed perfectly capable of handling a bottle of Jif.

“But after issuing them with their club uniforms my line manager insisted that neither of them were allowed anywhere near the porcelain and had to remain the broom cupboard. I never got to see either of them in action.

“In fact, I opened the cupboard the other day and neither of them were there. It’s terribly worrying.”

Further investigation has revealed similar stories emanating from other areas of the club.

An anonymous source from the accounting division has been quoted as saying that a whizzkid from the Netherlands was employed over a year ago to help with the numbers – but no one has ever seen or heard from him since his arrival.

Boris Buffcunt, Head of HR at Tottenham said: “I have no idea who would say such a thing. I can promise you that if we employed someone to do a job - we would certainly give them the opportunity to do that job. Particularly if they went to school in Holland and needed a bit of time to work out how an English abacus works.”

The club further defended its recruitment policy by highlighting the recent successful return to work by a Spanish member of staff who had been on an enforced siesta.

Mr Arkwright, Club Shop Manager said: “It’s been wonderful to get Manuel back selling Spurs-Tat in the club shop. Everyone who has ever been in sales knows that it’s the hardest game in the world.

“It’s exhausting, and all sales people need a break from sales sooner or later. Otherwise, you get burnt out. That’s why I employ more than one sales person.

“I don’t know why Manuel was given an enforced Siesta and I was left with Gary for months on end. It’s a total mystery and made no sense, but now Manuel is back I am sure we will be a great success.”

Mr Buffcunt continues: “Everyone should just fuck off and leave us alone.

“We have a wonderful recruitment policy at Tottenham. Ask anyone.

"We recently gave one of our South Korean employees extended holiday and managed to supplement his work with several members from the apprenticeship scheme - which worked perfectly as his holiday thankfully got cut short and he is back with us to hide any further embarrassment”.

Ends ~

When spurs last signed a player Black Panther wasn’t even out yet, Avicii and Stephen Hawking were still alive and Gareth Southgate was still just a boring football manager