January 2019 Transfer Window | Page 51 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
very sad that moussa is leaving. Actually I dont understand it, we still could use him. Must be him who wants to leave. When fit he still is a regular starter and they only paid 12.5m€, very cheap. One of my favs leaving here. Sad day.

When fit is the problem. He's been linked to a China move for 18 months, we clearly kept him as long as we could as he's only got 6 months left on his contract.

We always hit the same issue when dealing with Barca though.

We want to buy their player, they want to sell. They want a buy-back clause in almost every sale they do, we don't do buy-back clauses.

Levy also does not do loans unless there is a set-in-stone purchase at the end. Malc would be a great signing for us and would benefit massively from working with Poch and having Lucas to help him settle but we're been here before with Andre Gomes and various others down the years. Levy and Barca dealings rarely come to fruition.

Last edited:
The Telegraph reckon Poch has 50 mil to spend . Not sure where they get the info. If we did though. Would you spend it on a striker or other positions? Is it an emergency fund for our striker problem or to be spent as Poch sees fit ?

The Telegraph reckon Poch has 50 mil to spend . Not sure where they get the info. If we did though. Would you spend it on a striker or other positions? Is it an emergency fund for our striker problem or to be spent as Poch sees fit ?
You know the old saying:
“A striker is for many seasons, not just for January, February and March”

If true, I can see Poch buying 5 x £10 mill players. All be ready for 2019/20 season. Poch is risk averse, I can't see him, for example, splash that on Wilson from B'mouth.

He’s a hit and miss championship player.

You would have seen him score against us in the league cup semi for Sheff United.

Edit - Brum fans seem meh over losing him - in fact some state not being able to buy anyone as the only reason to keep

Better than a goal every 0.5 games in the championship this season with 13 so far, he's quick, fairly strong and on his day meant to be very good but he's inconsistent.

Seen a couple Brum fans say they think they'll struggle to keep him so seem to think he's got a brighter future than the championship, a top 4 PL club is quite a jump from where he is though.

Better than a goal every 0.5 games in the championship this season with 13 so far, he's quick, fairly strong and on his day meant to be very good but he's inconsistent.

Seen a couple Brum fans say they think they'll struggle to keep him so seem to think he's got a brighter future than the championship, a top 4 PL club is quite a jump from where he is though.

He only had 3 in first 13

36 goals in just under 150 games.

Previous championship hauls - 7 in 40 and 5 in 40

He is just in a purple patch.

If true, I can see Poch buying 5 x £10 mill players. All be ready for 2019/20 season. Poch is risk averse, I can't see him, for example, splash that on Wilson from B'mouth.

Wilson isnt a risk, its full on mental £50 million?

Like I said previously Kane is number 1. We are not going to spend £50M on a striker unless
1. Poch is going to change his philosophy and play 2 out and out strikers
2.We are going to sell Kane.

I like Wilson but can't see him wanting to be Kanes backup.
Nabil Fekir is being mentioned. He can play as a false 9 so can be back up to Kane and Son. Would also be competition for Eriksen.
Contract expires in 2020 so Lyon would probably sell now.

I do agree with others that CM/DM is probably more pressing at the moment.

Can we get 2 players of quality for £50M

When a player of Dembele's quality leaves you can't replace him with youth players and a squad player. You have to spend the money.

Considering he has been one of our best CM's in the Premier league era only Modric gets near him I thought he would have had a bit more respect.

All the best Moose, not one of our current crop are fit to lace your boots. Even you at 60%.

When a player of Dembele's quality leaves you can't replace him with youth players and a squad player. You have to spend the money.

Considering he has been one of our best CM's in the Premier league era only Modric gets near him I thought he would have had a bit more respect.

All the best Moose, not one of our current crop are fit to lace your boots. Even you at 60%.

Would have let him go on a free in the summer.

He only had 3 in first 13

36 goals in just under 150 games.

Previous championship hauls - 7 in 40 and 5 in 40

He is just in a purple patch.
He's young. This purple patch could just be an improvement, or as you say. A purple patch.

Nowadays you kinda have to take a punt on the 1 season wonders and hope they keep improving, if you wait for them to prove it wasn't a purple patch their value goes beyond our means.

It is just so unlikely that we will see any money spent this window. If Poch was allowed to spend £50m, my guess is he'd put it all in to replacing Dembele instead of a striker. But I don't believe he's been given £50m. He may have been given the Dembele sale money, but no more.