January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts | Page 38 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts

Woodyard coming back? Unlikely but I don't think his first season at Posh has been greatly received by the locals.

Be interesting to see if/when this pans out.

I think the centre half pairing is difficult, we have conceded more regularly but we need to ask ourselves, is it be because of the lack of protection in front of them and would it have been even more without Shacks and Bozzie ? I also think we struggle against teams that play the extra player in the middle.
Agree. We have conceded more shots on our goal than in a good while, including over 20 at both Crewe and Cambridge, although many will correctly point out that lots of these are from outside the box. We do lack that destructive player in front of the back 4 though and that is what Bostwick did. There is no doubt some of those chances/shots would not happen if he was in midfield. That said I accept that he is not the cultured passing midfielder that the others are and he has been simply immense at centre half. I am not sure quite what the answer is, other than it is totally inconceivable to think of a Lincoln team without him in it.

Agree. We have conceded more shots on our goal than in a good while, including over 20 at both Crewe and Cambridge, although many will correctly point out that lots of these are from outside the box. We do lack that destructive player in front of the back 4 though and that is what Bostwick did. There is no doubt some of those chances/shots would not happen if he was in midfield. That said I accept that he is not the cultured passing midfielder that the others are and he has been simply immense at centre half. I am not sure quite what the answer is, other than it is totally inconceivable to think of a Lincoln team without him in it.
I think Danny has said on more than one occasion - "I wish I could have more than one of him" so prehaps the answer lies in cloning technology?

Bit of a feeling amongst the posh fans it could be Mark O’Hara centre mid who Evans bought from Dundee in the summer.

I’ve heard a few little whispers that Bozzie picked up an injury at Everton and may not feature for a few weeks. Whether true or not I don’t know but would be a big blow. Might give Wharton a chance... if he isn’t recalled.

Bit of a feeling amongst the posh fans it could be Mark O’Hara centre mid who Evans bought from Dundee in the summer.

Don't think he's featured for Posh all season. Scottish attacking midfielder whom some wag on Wikipedia has managed to input him as the twin brother of the very English and 10 year older Jamie O'Hara.

The internet lies.......world's about to implode

Don't think he's featured for Posh all season. Scottish attacking midfielder whom some wag on Wikipedia has managed to input him as the twin brother of the very English and 10 year older Jamie O'Hara.

The internet lies.......world's about to implode
3 goals in the first two games for them. 4 in total. played over 1200 minutes...

O'Hara doesn't get good write-ups on the Posh forums, but it's worth noting that there are quite a few posts saying that Evans isn't getting the best out of players (including Woodyard) and doesn't improve them or a come across as a coach, which we all know anyway.

Everything I've seen about him at Posh says they think he's great, plus he's club captain.

By locals, I meant social media and football forums. They don't rate him as anything other than a sideways and backwards midfield player with no attacking threat and ability.

Of course, I could add social media doesn't always reflects the views of the club!

It is exceptionally doubtful that the beast can go back in to midfield. He's had a number of issues related to his back problems that he had at Peterborough. Hamstring, Calf, Achilles etc....which is why DC has been playing him at CB. If you watch him closely during a game, he performs a number of back stretches to alleviate the disc injury he received at the Posh.

How do I know? Because I recognise the stretches as I've still got to do them, following my back op. Playing him in midfield would significantly risk further long term injury.

By locals, I meant social media and football forums. They don't rate him as anything other than a sideways and backwards midfield player with no attacking threat and ability.

Of course, I could add social media doesn't always reflects the views of the club!
that is what he is.
presumably they want their goalkeeper to get forward more too.
says more about the locals' knowledge of the structure of a football team than it does about woodyard.

I read on another forum that Forest are releasing Yates ,a midfielder for another loan spell ,could we get him?
I think its the one that was at Notts clownty last season.

You'd think they'd want him to go to a League One team. He was at Scunthorpe the second half of last season.

that is what he is.
presumably they want their goalkeeper to get forward more too.
says more about the locals' knowledge of the structure of a football team than it does about woodyard.
Very true. Alex Woodyard does what you would expect him to do. Covers a lot of ground, wins tackles and then makes a simple pass. Not being the world's quickest player, I would argue that he has not being as outstanding in League One as he was lower down the league ladder. I recall one excellent piece of play against Dover in the National League when he tracked a breakaway down, won the tackle and then sent Lincoln on their way again. Earlier this season he was left treading water when, I think, Blackpool broke away from a Posh corner to score. One of Posh's problem is that they lack creative players to make use of the possession Woodyard wins for them, especially as Evans couldn't pick Maddison early on.

I read on another forum that Forest are releasing Yates ,a midfielder for another loan spell ,could we get him?
I think its the one that was at Notts clownty last season.

Yates has relations in Lincoln, he's the nephew of a friend of mine