January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts | Page 2 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts

Baring in mind this 'Club Developed' rule in place this season. We have Lee Frecklington and Ellis Chapman only in contention for the first team. This meant we were only able to have 6 on the bench recently. Does anybody think there's some value in seeking out another ex youth player that have gone on to be successful and that would qualify? If so who would be likely candidates?
There are players out there way beyond our ability to attract- Hobbs and Clucas for example. I'm thinking players that might be league 2 standard. Detective work needed.
Here is the rule explained- (so Basically an ex-player who was at the club for at least 12 months prior to the end of their under 19 season.)

Each EFL club will need to include one “club-developed” player in their match day squad, who will be defined as a player who has been registered with their current team for at least 12 months prior to the end of their U19 season. Should a club fail to name such a player, they will only be able to name 6 substitutes rather than the normal allocation of 7.

would it be too much of a risk to put the under-19 keeper on the bench? he's unlikely to be needed. and that also frees up an extra loanee place - which is currently taken up [wasted] by having slocombe with us.

Wish list :-

4. Luque back, deal extended to end of the season - raw, but I liked the cut of his jib.

Luque played 60 mins for Bromley in a Kent Cup games against Faversham , after injury . Was substitued after 60 mins . i would assume cup tied for saturday though

Luque played 60 mins for Bromley in a Kent Cup games against Faversham , after injury . Was substitued after 60 mins . i would assume cup tied for saturday though
which raises the question, how many of our 6 loanees will not be allowed to play in the cup on saturday.

He didn't play for Bromley in their 4th Qualifying Round game so wouldn't be cup-tied.

Baring in mind this 'Club Developed' rule in place this season. We have Lee Frecklington and Ellis Chapman only in contention for the first team. This meant we were only able to have 6 on the bench recently. Does anybody think there's some value in seeking out another ex youth player that have gone on to be successful and that would qualify? If so who would be likely candidates?
There are players out there way beyond our ability to attract- Hobbs and Clucas for example. I'm thinking players that might be league 2 standard. Detective work needed.
Here is the rule explained- (so Basically an ex-player who was at the club for at least 12 months prior to the end of their under 19 season.)

Each EFL club will need to include one “club-developed” player in their match day squad, who will be defined as a player who has been registered with their current team for at least 12 months prior to the end of their U19 season. Should a club fail to name such a player, they will only be able to name 6 substitutes rather than the normal allocation of 7.

I can't think of many that have gone up rather than down having left the academy.

Looking forward to seeing if anyone can think of any viable examples.

I can't think of many that have gone up rather than down having left the academy.

Looking forward to seeing if anyone can think of any viable examples.
I had a little look and couldn't find any contenders.

I had a little look and couldn't find any contenders.
Bit of a stupid rule really, if it's making clubs go out and recruit old players to get around the rules. Also, smaller clubs like Lincoln would have found it harder in recent years to attract young players with good potential. They are recruited en-masse by richer clubs and hogged until they are over 19.

Bit of a stupid rule really, if it's making clubs go out and recruit old players to get around the rules. Also, smaller clubs like Lincoln would have found it harder in recent years to attract young players with good potential. They are recruited en-masse by richer clubs and hogged until they are over 19.

It's almost as if it's designed to penalise lower-league clubs.

If we keep our senior players I'd rather see us target proper right back cover, competition for Anderson (Gordon may already be that) and another midfielder to ease the burden.

Exactly that. Wilson is not a capable deputy for Eardley, and Gordon is too inexperienced. We also have a problem in central midfield in my opinion; possibly because the main two - O'Connor and Frecklington - are 30+ and may have fitness issues.

I thought Theo Archibald was good on Saturday - only 20 and ran the midfield for FGR. I wonder whether we could make Brentford an offer?

Furthermore, Archibald lists his preferred position as right wing. That could kill two birds with one stone.

EDIT: I bet Cooper would be absolutely fizzing...

Exactly that. Wilson is not a capable deputy for Eardley, and Gordon is too inexperienced. We also have a problem in central midfield in my opinion; possibly because the main two - O'Connor and Frecklington - are 30+ and may have fitness issues.

I thought Theo Archibald was good on Saturday - only 20 and ran the midfield for FGR. I wonder whether we could make Brentford an offer?

Well we are never likely to get 40+ games out of Freck in a season, we must have known that when we signed him. When was the last time he managed that?

Well we are never likely to get 40+ games out of Freck in a season, we must have known that when we signed him. When was the last time he managed that?
Last season, he played exactly 40 games, 20 for us and 20 for Rotherham. Before that it was 2013/14 when played 49.

He didn't play for Bromley in their 4th Qualifying Round game so wouldn't be cup-tied.

I actually worded it wrong . I meant unable to play for Bromley if LCFC didn't give permission for him so to do in a cup match . Mind you i dont think he would get in the starting 11 anyway .

I was only thinking earlier having a number of experienced players has it's downsides, so far Freck has started 50% of games, O'Connor 59%, Eardley & Shackle 68% for various reasons., compared to a youngster like Harry who's started 91%

Baring in mind this 'Club Developed' rule in place this season. We have Lee Frecklington and Ellis Chapman only in contention for the first team. This meant we were only able to have 6 on the bench recently. Does anybody think there's some value in seeking out another ex youth player that have gone on to be successful and that would qualify? If so who would be likely candidates?.
Gavin Gordon appears to be available every Saturday.

I was only thinking earlier having a number of experienced players has it's downsides, so far Freck has started 50% of games, O'Connor 59%, Eardley & Shackle 68% for various reasons., compared to a youngster like Harry who's started 91%
True, but Freck missed 3 games through suspension, which is a decent % at this early stage of the season.

Plus, there’s been an obvious plan of resting those type of players during the EFL and Checkatrade games so it’s not as if these games have all been missed through injury.