Jack Clark - Player Thread - On Loan | Page 2 | Vital Football

Jack Clark - Player Thread - On Loan

It's funny you say Milner Ex. I said he reminds me of Ross Barkley. It'll be interesting to see this kid progress because he's already proven he is too good for the U23s.

While Jack Clarke is finding it difficult to get first team chances for Leeds due to the number of loanees they have ( 6) . Anthony Georgiou made a big impression at Ipswich with some fans tweeting he is too good for that league. Although he came on as a second half sub , some thought he was MOM.

Bielsa said yesterday, basically, everyone should stop getting their knickers in a twist, essentially saying, it's a long season and he'll be used...

I'm happy if he's used sparingly and not just chucked in for the whole season - it's a nasty physical league and if he is as good as some scouts/pundits tell me - I wouldn't want him played into the ground with all the subsequent soft tissue issues that can cause later on - as we can all see just by monitoring our own BAD.

I hope his soft tissue issues gives Poch time to reflect and pause on playing him so much so soon.

Good post Chiv . Makes you wonder what on earth is going on . How it it that a chairman can buy a player that the manager doesn’t want . I’m sure that happened somewhere else last season as well. The coach / manager said that he was just given players to work with whether he wanted them or not. Was it Neil Warnock ?

Good post Chiv . Makes you wonder what on earth is going on . How it it that a chairman can buy a player that the manager doesn’t want . I’m sure that happened somewhere else last season as well. The coach / manager said that he was just given players to work with whether he wanted them or not. Was it Neil Warnock ?

Not sure about it happening elsewhere, but this business of Levy buying players has been rumoured for years and years.

This sounds like a typical Levy ' moneyball ' transfer and would explain the rubbish loan he's on at Leeds where he doesn't even make the bench.

Not sure about it happening elsewhere, but this business of Levy buying players has been rumoured for years and years.

This sounds like a typical Levy ' moneyball ' transfer and would explain the rubbish loan he's on at Leeds where he doesn't even make the bench.

If you want to believe it you will, but it's complete and utter bollocks from start to finish.

Bielsa himself who now talks with Poch regularly advised Poch to grab him why he could.

If you want to believe it you will, but it's complete and utter bollocks from start to finish.

Bielsa himself who now talks with Poch regularly advised Poch to grab him why he could.

What's the point of a loan where he'll never get game time ?

lol

tbf it was England u20s and I don't think he'll score many headers for us at senior level.

Nicely timed run though.

I think we all know he is not ready for PL yet but it's a case of where he will develop best, with Leeds U 23s or ours ? Added of course to an occasional sub appearance for Leeds first team and cup games.

I think we all know he is not ready for PL yet but it's a case of where he will develop best, with Leeds U 23s or ours ? Added of course to an occasional sub appearance for Leeds first team and cup games.

The trouble with all this second guessing is it's just that - second guessing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I always remember when we sent Walker straight out on loan after buying him and a large percentage of Spurs fans went mad slagging off the club for buying him if he wasn't ready....and the same again when we recalled him to only loan him to QPR...

Basically, I think these things are best left to the Pro's who are direct to monitor his performances, who talk to him during his loan and who put in his progress reports - they're good solid player assessors and most are highly experienced.

that's fair, but he was getting more games for Leeds last season. If they don't suffer a long term injury to someone above him in the pecking order I'd recall him in Jan and either loan to a team who don't have too many loan players for him to get games, or train him up here.

that's fair, but he was getting more games for Leeds last season. If they don't suffer a long term injury to someone above him in the pecking order I'd recall him in Jan and either loan to a team who don't have too many loan players for him to get games, or train him up here.

Exactly, his appearances are being limited due to numbers of loan players being fielded. Bielsa is having to spin plates to keep them all happy. It's not neccessarily a form or ability issue for Clarke that is affecting game time.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see us recall him and place him elsewhere for the rest of the season.