Ivan Perisic - Player Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Ivan Perisic - Player Thread

The best Wingbacks are really failed wingers, which Persic was/is - so you can see why Conte is interested in converting Adama Traore into a wing back. It's a shame the player and/or his agent doesn't understand what his strengths and weaknesses are.

You can see why Wolves will be desperate to offload him - after a good start at Barca he has once again gone back to being pretty ineffective: Conte could probably make a hell of a wing back out of him.

I’ve always been of the opinion that Conte could turn Traore into an absolute beast as our RWB.

Clean? Ive never seen it.

Me neither.

You can certainly stay shredded. I do mainly calisthenics these days just because it's less taxing on the body. I'm not as big as I was when I did the big 5.

I have met so many meat heads over the years that lie about what type of training they do. Or their diet. I can spot a juice head from a mile off. Of course they all deny it.

It's friggin weird. Never understood it.

Me neither.

You can certainly stay shredded. I do mainly calisthenics these days just because it's less taxing on the body. I'm not as big as I was when I did the big 5.

I have met so many meat heads over the years that lie about what type of training they do. Or their diet. I can spot a juice head from a mile off. Of course they all deny it.

It's friggin weird. Never understood it.
Haha RD, "I can spot a meat head a mile off" spot on mate, that's at least 2 of us.

In my days "Power Lifting" the usual normal Body Builder! "Roid" users used to use 2 different gyms, 12 weekly intervals, on and off usages of "Roids".

I always taught the Lads n Lassies who I trained/instructed in Power Lifting other than stay clean, that, ie...watch him or her, yes there are females doing it, he/she wont be here for 12 weeks, cos he/she is either on or off em in this gym time, you can spot em a mile off by the weights they train with, heavier when On! lighter when Off! I was always right lol!

As for the subject, Traore not using weights....that's a mmmmm!

Not a great defender though. We need to get him on the ball and try to keep him high. I remember a couple of times where it looked easy to drop you should, get past him on the outside and get a dangerous ball in. When he is on the ball though, the class just oozes from him.
I think he's a decent defender but yeah it's his ability on the ball that wins us over.

This is what frustrates me so. On the other wing we have an incredible defender in Emerson but he just doesn't have the touch of Perisic. Perhaps this is a thing that Conte is toying with & perhaps will alternate accordingly in order to take advantage of opponents weaknesses.

I think he's a decent defender but yeah it's his ability on the ball that wins us over.

This is what frustrates me so. On the other wing we have an incredible defender in Emerson but he just doesn't have the touch of Perisic. Perhaps this is a thing that Conte is toying with & perhaps will alternate accordingly in order to take advantage of opponents weaknesses.

Are you saying that Conte is toying with the idea of playing Perisic on the right?

Romero, Perisic and Kulu could be fun. Davies, Perisic and Sonny definitely wasn't.

Are you saying that Conte is toying with the idea of playing Perisic on the right?

Romero, Perisic and Kulu could be fun. Davies, Perisic and Sonny definitely wasn't.
He could alternate & play him on either side.

Something i've noticed is his preference for a defensive option on one wing & an attacking option on the other. This isn't anything out of the ordinary however the way in which Conte changes it up tells me he is perhaps considering alternating them accordingly.

Using a solid defender in Emerson to cover Sanchez on the right also made a lot of sense. The downside to that was obvious with Dejan struggling to get into the game.

He could alternate & play him on either side.

Something i've noticed is his preference for a defensive option on one wing & an attacking option on the other. This isn't anything out of the ordinary however the way in which Conte changes it up tells me he is perhaps considering alternating them accordingly.

Using a solid defender in Emerson to cover Sanchez on the right also made a lot of sense. The downside to that was obvious with Dejan struggling to get into the game.

Yeah, agree as it puts us into a flat back four with Davies shifting over and allows Perisic to get further forwards. Romero always gets his side of the pitch higher though. Yesterday, we couldn't expect that from Sanchez who was just focusing on that clean sheet, as he should.

Not a great defender though. We need to get him on the ball and try to keep him high. I remember a couple of times where it looked easy to drop you should, get past him on the outside and get a dangerous ball in. When he is on the ball though, the class just oozes from him.

I'd happily put him in Sons position.