Ivan Perisic - Player Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ivan Perisic - Player Thread

He isn't the fastest sprinter. He has good acceleration.

He ghosts down the flank quite similar to Doherty. Obviously technically superior.

I wouldn't be surprised if he played centrally in some games.

A quick brain is often better than quick feet, that said, I bet he will still be in the top third of the squad fitness wise.

The best Wingbacks are really failed wingers, which Persic was/is - so you can see why Conte is interested in converting Adama Traore into a wing back. It's a shame the player and/or his agent doesn't understand what his strengths and weaknesses are.

You can see why Wolves will be desperate to offload him - after a good start at Barca he has once again gone back to being pretty ineffective: Conte could probably make a hell of a wing back out of him.

The best Wingbacks are really failed wingers, which Persic was/is - so you can see why Conte is interested in converting Adama Traore into a wing back. It's a shame the player and/or his agent doesn't understand what his strengths and weaknesses are.

You can see why Wolves will be desperate to offload him - after a good start at Barca he has once again gone back to being pretty ineffective: Conte could probably make a hell of a wing back out of him.
Antonio really would be the Messiah if he could teach Traore to defend! lol

Can he defend though? He strikes me as a bit thick.

Adama's cardiovascular fitness is very suspect.

He is great at the explosive sprints but struggles to get back.

Regardless of what he looks like he ain't no Walker who could do both.

We might get away with it with Romero behind him. I would worry about Hojbjergs lack of athleticism to cover the right though.

We would need Mckennie in the middle who has great athleticism.

Adama's cardiovascular fitness is very suspect.

He is great at the explosive sprints but struggles to get back.

Regardless of what he looks like he ain't no Walker who could do both.

We might get away with it with Romero behind him. I would worry about Hojbjergs lack of athleticism to cover the right though.

We would need Mckennie in the middle who has great athleticism.

I challenged this muscle bound theory ages ago. I questioned whether all that muscle used up energy but was told not necessarily.

Can he defend though? He strikes me as a bit thick.

I think you're being a bit harsh; his interview here (given it's his second language) really doesn't come across as him being a bit thick.

I wouldn't want him at all as an attacker, but if Conte could convert him with his physique and speed, chances are he'd be awesome - if he has an issue, just like Royal, he has to have a better end product when crossing.

Hasn't done weights in a long time...

Hmmmmmm..... I train actual bodybuilders, like IFBB Pro bodybuilders..... To say I'm a bit skeptical is rather kind. Herschel Walker claimed he only did bodyweight exercises, pushups/pullups/crunches/etc, and he developed a massive physique. I never believed him either.

If he doesn't, or hasnt lifted heavy for a long time, then he's got a custom PharaDude mixing him a cocktail.

Hmmmmmm..... I train actual bodybuilders, like IFBB Pro bodybuilders..... To say I'm a bit skeptical is rather kind. Herschel Walker claimed he only did bodyweight exercises, pushups/pullups/crunches/etc, and he developed a massive physique. I never believed him either.

If he doesn't, or hasnt lifted heavy for a long time, then he's got a custom PharaDude mixing him a cocktail.

Dig out some of his earlier pictures - a good few on the web and see if you can spot the differences, he'd never get away with taking steroids or enhancers in the PL, never.

Dig out some of his earlier pictures - a good few on the web and see if you can spot the differences, he'd never get away with taking steroids or enhancers in the PL, never.

Sure, but to maintain that level of muscle mass, especially with the amount of cardio a footballer does, is literally impossible without some weight-training regimen, or by juicing. If you dont work it, it atrophies, no way around it.

This is a thing, with certain pro athletes denying they lift, I guess because of 'muscle bound' theories and whatnot, but that seems silly to me, as there are many examples of why that whole idea is false. Like half of the NFL.

I couldn't care less tbh, just weirded out by the denial.

I think hes a terrible footballer, and dont want him anywhere near Spurs. He went to Barca and flopped, like he's gonna come to us, change his total playing style & position, and suddenly become World Class? No. Rather give Lavinier the chance, he's a likely better bet.

Sure, but to maintain that level of muscle mass, especially with the amount of cardio a footballer does, is literally impossible without some weight-training regimen, or by juicing. If you dont work it, it atrophies, no way around it.

This is a thing, with certain pro athletes denying they lift, I guess because of 'muscle bound' theories and whatnot, but that seems silly to me, as there are many examples of why that whole idea is false. Like half of the NFL.

I think hes a terrible footballer, and dont want him anywhere near Spurs. He went to Barca and flopped, like he's gonna come to us, change his total playing style & position, and suddenly become World Class? No. Rather give Lavinier the chance, he's a likely better bet.

I pretty much agree.

That said, properly taught and coached and I suspect that wouldn't take long, he'd be our new Walker - many defenders panic when faced with pace, and his recovery speed is actually pretty good when he's had to put it in - so as a forward he would even make my third short list out of 50, but as a wing back, who knows?

I agree, we need technical skills in that position. He has pace but unless there is something on the end of it, its wasted. Can he do what Kulu does ?

I too am very sceptical of that claim that he doesn't do any weights. Would it be possible that doing body weight exercises could help maintain that frame?

I pretty much agree.

That said, properly taught and coached and I suspect that wouldn't take long, he'd be our new Walker - many defenders panic when faced with pace, and his recovery speed is actually pretty good when he's had to put it in - so as a forward he would even make my third short list out of 50, but as a wing back, who knows?

You've got a level of confidence in this than I ever will. Love to be proven wrong.

If I had to bet, I'd wager on Emerson improving his delivery, than Traore working out as a wingback. Strikes me much more like Andros Townsend than he does Kyle Walker.

Wish the links w Spurs would quit. F-in Mendes.