Irrational dislikes. | Vital Football

Irrational dislikes.

Gills 58

Vital Champions League
I saw a group of Chinese tourists (I assume) in the crowd at the Man City game this week and promptly launched into a stream of invective about them to my bemused son. I think I finished with some advice on where I'd like to shove their selfie sticks.

Anyone else got any irrational dislikes they are prepared to confess to?

I asked my wife. She said I'm not bad on irrational dislikes. It's
my irrational likes she can't get her head around.

These are both examples where I know in my mind I am being unreasonable or even wrong.

On the very rare occasions I go to Mass these days, I cannot abide that bit where everyone shakes hands and says "peace be with you."

I can't abide Jess Phillips. She's seems mainly a good and admirable person, but ugh.

They do say that there's loads of chemistry and physics going on when we meet people and that these provide real grounds for our first impressions.

Last edited:
I can fully understand and appreciate heavy suitecases on wheels, but those silly little ones that only contain a weigh that can easily be carried and are pulled behind someone that everone else falls over - ban them.

Buttons; absolutely hate them, the bigger they are the more I hate them. Don't even like the word "button".

We were once rumoured to be interested in signing the goalkeeper David Button and it nearly made me physically sick the thought of him playing for Gills.

So yeah, buttons. Eurgh.

Buttons; absolutely hate them, the bigger they are the more I hate them. Don't even like the word "button".

We were once rumoured to be interested in signing the goalkeeper David Button and it nearly made me physically sick the thought of him playing for Gills.

So yeah, buttons. Eurgh.
Didn't he change his name to "Buffon"

Could you eat a chocolate button?

So yeah, buttons. Eurgh.
My Dad made his living selling Buttons all over the world.In the days of Rep's.

As a "luvvie, leftie, metropolian elite, Remoaner, PC brigade member" I should like Dianne Abott but I just can't abide her, even though I agree with much of what she says. I want to like her but just can't.

Because she's a retarded idiot, 58 and you come across as someone with a little intelligence, even as a lefty. No compatibility. I actually hate the silly cow. My 7 year old grandson has more common sense and his maths are light years ahead.

Corbyn does a pretty good job of making Labour un- electable, Abbot takes that concept to a whole new level.

I'm more laid back these days but jokerman's shaking hands and peace be with you struck a chord and made me shudder. I'm almost tempted to declare all my hatreds rational but...

Children In Need. The event not the charities. I'd welcome the chance to bid to cancel the whole thing.

The way people feel inclined to announce what sort of a person they are. I get to decide that as you do about me. The blood rises higher when words like creative, sensitive, entrepreneurial, empathetic and so on are used.

"Children In Need. The event not the charities. I'd welcome the chance to bid to cancel the whole thing."

Oh yes. Well said. I thought I was the only person on earth who hates it. Especially the "comedy" bit. If you can make me laugh I'll save some kids from starving. Sitting in a bath of baked beans to raise money for the starving only to chuck the beans away. Something a bit sick about that one.

I'm in the groove now.

People saying 'for free'. I can still feel my teacher at Luton primary hitting me on the back of the head, with what seemed every syllable. As he said 'Nothing is for free, it is free or for nothing, NOT FOR FREE. I doubt he hit me very hard I was only11 it was1959, but when I hear so called educated people in the media saying 'for free' it still gets to me.

I have an irrational dislike of Sebastian Coe.
No sensible reason why, just don't like the guy.
He has my total admiration as a world class athlete but..... I still can't stand him.

I'm more laid back these days but jokerman's shaking hands and peace be with you struck a chord and made me shudder. I'm almost tempted to declare all my hatreds rational but...

Children In Need. The event not the charities. I'd welcome the chance to bid to cancel the whole thing.

The way people feel inclined to announce what sort of a person they are. I get to decide that as you do about me. The blood rises higher when words like creative, sensitive, entrepreneurial, empathetic and so on are used.

Or the negative version -Tom Patterson in Fall and Rise
eg
I'm not really a people sort of person, actually

As a "luvvie, leftie, metropolian elite, Remoaner, PC brigade member" I should like Dianne Abott but I just can't abide her, even though I agree with much of what she says. I want to like her but just can't.
If you agree with much of what she says, does that make you shite at maths too? ??

My irrational dislike? Black cab drivers.

Apologies to any on here, I'm sure they are largely nice chaps but they get on my nerves. ?

Oh and before anyone jumps down my throat, I don't mean cab drivers who are black ?