Ipswich v Villa - Saturday 18th August | Vital Football

Ipswich v Villa - Saturday 18th August

DeanoVilla

One Bloody Number
So Villa go in to this game on the back of 3 wins from 3, where as Ipswich are currently winless having lost to newly promoted Rotherham, drawing with newly promoted Blackburn and drawing (the losing on penalties) to league 2 Exeter last night.

In short, they should be there for the taking and are already one of the bookies favourites to be relegated.

From Brucie's interview I can't see many people surviving from last nights starting XI and rightly so, but I think Axel did enough to play himself into centre mid contention.

I'd go with -

Nyland

De Laet
Chester
Tzuanbe
Hutton

Elmo
Jedi
Bjarnasson
McGinn
Grealish

Kodjia

The only tough selection for me was Jedi in DM with Barney on the left OR Barney in DM with Green on the left, but I don;t think Green did enough last night to earn a place, so I'm going with Jedi and Barney out wide.

A game we should be winning and winning well. I don't want to see Adomah, Taylor, hourihane or Elphick in the starting line up. 2-0 villa.

I'd go with the team DeanoVilla has got there bar 1 change. Green in for Bjarnisson, moving Grealish inside. He's our best player so we have to get the best out of him which means playing him in his best position.

Looking forward to this one hopefully we will have some nice weather cus it's really nice down by the marina sipping a few beers plus I can't wait to see super john and super jack play again.

I'd still like to see another CB come in but cant see it happening before Saturday. I'd go with

Nyland
Elmo, Chester, Axel, Hutton
Albert, Grealish, Jedi, McGinn, Green
Kodjia

Not sure on Albert as he looks off form, so could switch Elmo to RW and put De Laet in at RB. Super John McGinn to hit a screamer for his 1st goal in claret & blue

I'd like to see Bjarnason stay but I can't see us keeping him if he's dropped after scoring and terms have been agreed with Empoli, so..

Nyland
De Laet, Chester, Zebedee, Hutton
Jedinak
Bjarnason, McGinn, Grealish, Green
Kodjia

Subs; Moriera, Bree, Elphick, Elmo, Hepburn-Murphy, Adomah, Doyle-Hayes

I'd like to see Bjarnason stay but I can't see us keeping him if he's dropped after scoring and terms have been agreed with Empoli, so..

Nyland
De Laet, Chester, Zebedee, Hutton
Jedinak
Bjarnason, McGinn, Grealish, Green
Kodjia

Subs; Moriera, Bree, Elphick, Elmo, Hepburn-Murphy, Adomah, Doyle-Hayes

They shouldnt be discussing terms if we haven't given permission to speak to him. I know it goes on but to make it public isnt right

This is the sort of match we need to win if we are serious about promotion. Ipswich have had a poor start, we have had a good one, whatever your feelings about the performances.

My team (which means the actual one will be nothing like this!):

Nyland
De Laet / Chester / Tuanzebe / Hutton
Bjarnason / Jedinak
Hourihane / McGinn / Grealish
Kodjia

Subs: Moreira / Bree / Elphick / Elmo or Whelan / Green / Albert / RHM

I would go

Nyland

De Laet
Chester
Tzuanbe
Hutton

Jedi
Elmo
McGinn
Grealish
Green

Kodjia

I went 1 - 1 in the prediction thread. I now have a feeling Kodija is about to start scoring again and we will win.

How about Kodjia & Green out wide, RHM in the middle, Barney DM & Grealish/McGinn pulling the strings? All of the forwards would be interchangeable and a very attacking line up.

4-6 scoreline, adrenaline pumping, nail biting, goalfest?

I think RHM proved last night that he is nowhere near ready (and I personally doubt if he ever will be).

The thought of having him leading the line in a game that actually matters scares me.

Yeah, he was a kid playing against giants last night. Pumping balls up to him didn't help though. Needed to play in a two up top scenario for him to have a chance. Can see him and Davis together, if they mature like fine wine.

There's completely no point in playing with wide player, every time we do we are ineffective and make the wrong moves so a more centrally focused 442 diamond shape is worth trying and I'd line up as follows:

Nyland

Elmo, Chester, Tuanzebe, Hutton

Jedinak

McGinn, Hourihanne

Grealish

RHM, Kodjia

That all sounds very reasonable but every time I hear or see the phrase "4-4-2 diamond" I have awful flashbacks to Paul Lambert and Yacouba Sylla on the left side of midfield.

I think RHM proved last night that he is nowhere near ready (and I personally doubt if he ever will be).

The thought of having him leading the line in a game that actually matters scares me.

Just shows how big the gap is from U23's to Championship football because he looks awesome in the U23's. Still think he is worth persevering with though, he just needs to make his mark when he comes off the bench

------------ Nyland -----------
Elmo Chester Tuanzebe Hutton
McGinn Jedinak. Hourihane
---- Grealish--- green ---------
--------- Kodija -----------------