Ipswich v Villa - Saturday 18th August | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ipswich v Villa - Saturday 18th August

Just thought who Axle T reminds me of, Earl Barrett and I thought he was pretty crap back in the day.
The thought of this kid against Ipswich worries me, I don't think Chester could carry him, he all over the taters.
Anyway Bruce will stick with Jedi i expect after last nights shocker, he wasn't impressed was he

A bit harsh judging RHM on last night. Lobbing the ball at him from 50 yards away in the air ensured he looked crap. He needs a chance in a team with players who will try to find him on the floor. Much like Hogan as it happens.
I only watched the second half but for the first 15 minutes of what I saw it was just lunp it forward to Hepburn Murphy or Adomah and surprisingly enough it didn’t work once

Just thought who Axle T reminds me of, Earl Barrett and I thought he was pretty crap back in the day.
The thought of this kid against Ipswich worries me, I don't think Chester could carry him, he all over the taters.
Anyway Bruce will stick with Jedi i expect after last nights shocker, he wasn't impressed was he

I think he could be ok. He is only young and has little senior experience so should only improve. He looks big and strong and quick. Bruce certainly though enough of him to bring him back

Nyland

De-Laet
Chester
Tuanzebe
Hutton

Elmohamady
Bjarnason
McGinn
Adomah

Grealish

Kodjia

Subs: Moreira, Elphick, Whelan, RHM, Green, Jedinak, Taylor.

3 points.

This is the sort of match we need to win if we are serious about promotion. Ipswich have had a poor start, we have had a good one, whatever your feelings about the performances.

My team (which means the actual one will be nothing like this!):

Nyland
De Laet / Chester / Tuanzebe / Hutton
Bjarnason / Jedinak
Hourihane / McGinn / Grealish
Kodjia

Subs: Moreira / Bree / Elphick / Elmo or Whelan / Green / Albert / RHM

Love that team JPA, only change I'd think about making is Green for Hourihane, but also am ok with bringing him on late to have a go at a leggy defense.

RE Axel - Bruce has said that he needs to play more games, he hasn't played enough, but he will continue to play games and grow as he does

Got to be a win
Can't think of anything other than a win and hope our next two after Ipswich are wins to .

A win is vital , can't let Leeds or anyone pull away , Leeds home to Rotherham so looks like a homer .
Boro away to Bristol city so let's hope they lose or ideally draw

Leeds and Boro seem to be on a goal scoring streak at the mo so I agree with you Silhillvilla we really need to try and keep up with them or who ever else is leading the table or I fear another play off battle

Everything about this game, on paper, says a Villa win but, there is a little thing called Murphy's Law.
Murphy's Law, for those that don't know, says that according to all sense, a full team Manchester City should beat Blyth Spartans second eleven by 20+ goals, however because of Murphy's Law, Blyth Spartans second eleven would probably win.

There must be a feel good, we're out to win, feeling in the team, which must make a difference.

Once a team has started a run, they want to keep it going. Whoever Bruce puts out they will be more or less up to speed and hardly exhausted. And it's only Ipswich.

So on past experience we should lose. Maybe for once we'll break the mould?

I don't know. I'm just echoing what the majority has already said. We should win, but will we? I just hope we do, and like others, I'm not bothered if it's ugly or not as long as it's 3 points.

I think us long in the tooth villa fans are always cautious and acutely aware that a fuck up is never too far away. So on the eve of 3 league games in a week I am adopting the brace position.