Ipswich v Villa - Saturday 18th August | Page 3 | Vital Football

Ipswich v Villa - Saturday 18th August

Ermmm McCafu or Earl "Flip Flop" Barrett , my money would be on the Scottish Cafu

Can you not refer to Hutton by using the name Cafu please.

The fun policeman has decreed that this bit of tongue in cheek humour that brings a smile to many a face and is actually just a good laugh and in no way is anybody actually comparing Hutton with the real Brazilian Cafu is us all being delusional and talking nonsense.

Can you not refer to Hutton by using the name Cafu, please.

The fun policeman has decreed that this bit of tongue in cheek humour that brings a smile to many a face and is actually just a good laugh and in no way is anybody actually comparing Hutton with the real Brazilian Cafu is us all being delusional and talking nonsense.

Perfectly correct how could one possibly compare Alan Hutton to some Brazilian bloke that has never even been tested in the EFL!

Yes a bit of fun which as anyone who goes to games will realise gets the crowd and the team up for it, Hutton loves it but I'm pretty sure he is aware it's a piss take.
I've warmed to Alan since he made his come back from the bomb squad gives it everything he's got for a 33-year-old and when he bombs forwards it lifts the crowd and the team.

ck of the Holte
Perfectly correct how could one possibly compare Alan Hutton to some Brazilian bloke that has never even been tested in the EFL!

Yes a bit of fun which as anyone who goes to games will realise gets the crowd and the team up for it, Hutton loves it but I'm pretty sure he is aware it's a piss take.
I've warmed to Alan since he made his come back from the bomb squad gives it everything he's got for a 33-year-old and when he bombs forwards it lifts the crowd and the team.
Yes 57 a bit of fun. Pissed myself laughing when that chant first rolled down the Holte End terraces. Its a a term of endearment for a player who took it on the chin when he got bombed out, didnt sit around feeling sorry for himself but got stuck in and turned it around.
Villa fans love a fighter and will back one everytime.

Clean sheet today would be massive confidence boost. We have enough to score goals. Let's hope McGinn and Grealish can get a hold of the midfield early.
UTV

Tough one this is

Usually I would say, Ipswich away, with Brentford at home coming up - 4 points and therefore 10 from 12 would be great.

However, this isn't a usual situation - we need to send a statement of intent out that we are this years Newcastle, we are this years Wolves.

We need to win, we need to get to the top of that league and , like Wolves and Newcastle did (and the Man City's / Blackburns of this world) open up a gap and say "we ARE Aston Villa, we ARE better than the rest of you - you will NOT catch us, we ARE going up"

We also need to get McGinn , Grealish and Green on the ball and dominate in the opposition half, let them think "oh, my god, how can we stop this"

That is what winners do and we need to do it. Draws away are for exactly like we were last year - "happy with play offs"

Sadly, I don't think that will happen, because in Paul Hurst, they have a manager who will play like that, meaning we will sit back and play the knock, knock , knock, hoof, foul, cross game - and so I go for...

Ipswich 2 Villa 1 (unfortunately)

A draw won't be a distaster, but I expect others to win, which means, like last year, we will be already playing catch up, and that it why it is so important to win, I so much hope I am wrong, but as others have said, at 57, I just can't see Bruce changing, and therefore our future changing

2:1 to the mighty villa.
It will be a hard one to swallow if we lose this.
It would be nice to play well for 2 halves instead of a complete shocker of an opening.
Nah, don't care how we play as long as we win.?

Tough one this is

Usually I would say, Ipswich away, with Brentford at home coming up - 4 points and therefore 10 from 12 would be great.

However, this isn't a usual situation - we need to send a statement of intent out that we are this years Newcastle, we are this years Wolves.

We need to win, we need to get to the top of that league and , like Wolves and Newcastle did (and the Man City's / Blackburns of this world) open up a gap and say "we ARE Aston Villa, we ARE better than the rest of you - you will NOT catch us, we ARE going up"

We also need to get McGinn , Grealish and Green on the ball and dominate in the opposition half, let them think "oh, my god, how can we stop this"

That is what winners do and we need to do it. Draws away are for exactly like we were last year - "happy with play offs"

Sadly, I don't think that will happen, because in Paul Hurst, they have a manager who will play like that, meaning we will sit back and play the knock, knock , knock, hoof, foul, cross game - and so I go for...

Ipswich 2 Villa 1 (unfortunately)

A draw won't be a distaster, but I expect others to win, which means, like last year, we will be already playing catch up, and that it why it is so important to win, I so much hope I am wrong, but as others have said, at 57, I just can't see Bruce changing, and therefore our future changing

I agree with alot of this HL. But it's a bit alarmist to say we will be playing catch up if we lose today. Stands to reason we will be needing to catch up at some stage of the season. We cannot panic then let alone this early stage.

Be a great statement to win again going into 2 home games. But just so everyone realises we WILL lose at some stage!. With Ipswich having a poor start it could aswell be today it's a fucked up league. We could win then lose v Brentford or Reading. We will lose when we least expect it. Let's just get perspective when it happens

I agree, we will lose, like Wolves lost, the thing is, when Wolves lost they were 8 or 9 points ahead so they could afford the odd blip, and also (and this always seems to happen to good teams) when they lost, the teams around them didn't capitalise either.

I think RHM proved last night that he is nowhere near ready (and I personally doubt if he ever will be).

The thought of having him leading the line in a game that actually matters scares me.

yes, it's a shame, v Yeovil these youngsters (and a few others) really should be proving themselves. If not, then Bruce is right not bringing them through

Thought it would be on AVTV video stream today, looks just commentary. Obviously I nip out of the UK to use the abroad only streams!