Ipswich v Villa - Saturday 18th August | Page 4 | Vital Football

Ipswich v Villa - Saturday 18th August

yes, it's a shame, v Yeovil these youngsters (and a few others) really should be proving themselves. If not, then Bruce is right not bringing them through
Glad it’s not just me.... I didn’t post anything after Yeovil but I couldn’t help thinking that when/if Onomah (similar age) had been as ineffective last season as Doyle-Hayes was up at Yeovil he would have been getting slaughtered by a few on here....

yes, it's a shame, v Yeovil these youngsters (and a few others) really should be proving themselves. If not, then Bruce is right not bringing them through

Carefully chosen ten minutes or so from the bench for Hepburn -Murphy, I think. His pace looks an asset.

Despite what some think about Davis, the point to be made about his involvement last season was that he added something to the team, despite being a long way from the finished article. That's what you're looking for in young players IMO. I'm hoping that he can get beyond his niggling injury and further his development. Sounds an unusually tough one though.

Credit to Bruce for loaning those youngsters he feels would benefit. Be interesting to see what opportunities Green, Bree, Doyle-Hayes and Tuanzebe and the two mentioned (injuries allowing) are given to contribute. Wouldn't expect more than two or three to have careers at this level and maybe none good enough for the Premier League. That's the reality for me.

I am not a fan of a back 5, but I really hope that is the formation based on that 11. Tuanzebe is a centre back (and potentially a very good one), not a right back. Jedinak is not a centre back suitable for a back 4.

Also, no de Laet in the squad. Did he pick up a knock on Tuesday or is he still suspended for league games? Or does Bruce just not rate him? :hmmm:

This manager we have is really stupid ! Yet again he is going to play Mile in central defence? Adomah who has been out of form since god knows when is still starting???