Interview with LR | Vital Football

Interview with LR

Stark reading ..... and essential reading for those who presumed some of our injured players were swinging the lead. With virtually no medical staff of our own, it's hardly surprising they took longer than usual to come back to fitness.

Makes the achievement even more amazing.

It seems to end somewhat abruptly though.

Just another season at Wigan Athletic.
Its quite remarkable the journey we have been on from the highs and lows we've all experienced.

Stark reading ..... and essential reading for those who presumed some of our injured players were swinging the lead. With virtually no medical staff of our own, it's hardly surprising they took longer than usual to come back to fitness.

More surprising to me is the amount of time they were given to move out of Euxton.

The reality of being in administration laid bare.

'In pre-season, we had lads leaving for medicals halfway through a game. I don't know how the information was getting through but they'd come off at half-time and say they had to be in Manchester for a medical and couldn't play the second half.

How do you plan and build with things like that going on ?

Credit to Leam, without him i'd dread to think what could have happened. The whole team lifted their performances once Sheridan had gone. It's certainly something I will never forget this, I'm so so so proud of everyone involved. We survived the test of all tests, we now have new owners who seem have built a solid team of directors and a new football mad chairman, Leam on a full time contract and hope for the future.

Can't ask for anymore than that.. Up the tics.

Reactions: GSM
I think it goes to show what a remarkable job he has done but also the brutal reality of administration. Sad to read of the efforts to move out of Euxton in that manner, they should have put a shout out to supporters for help.

We really had no right to beat relegation this season given the adversity we faced, yet we have folk moaning because we lost a game when safe and that fans went to congratulate them. I also think it shows the magnitude of the job ahead too and those thinking we should get promoted next season may need a reality check. There’s a massive job ahead not only to recruit a team but to re fill support staff roles, ticket office workers, find sponsors, marketing etc. Stadium is also in need of maintenance from what I saw a few weeks back and some of that will have to be prioritised such as filling pot holes outside the east stand in particular as we won’t get a safety certificate. Thankfully it seems like we’ve a good team at board level in place and a manager whom everyone respects and will be behind 100%.

Richardson only got the job for the four wins on the bounce, lets not forget that.
Is he really the best man for the job?

Richardson only got the job for the four wins on the bounce, lets not forget that.
Is he really the best man for the job?

If that's really what you think ........ then :arrghh:

If you don't think that he got the job because of all the work he did since taking over from Sheridan, when we were bottom of the league, then I really don't think you've been paying sufficient attention this season. :shake:

He does John, that doesn't mean he's the right man for the job.

No one else was in the running for the manager role it was given to him after the four wins, thats my concern.
It would have concerned me more had the new owners come in and disregarded everything that had been done by LR and his team.
What he did with the lads off the pitch was as important as what he did on the pitch.
He kept everyone together despite everything admin threw at him so good luck to the lad he has earned the right to be the manager of this wonderful club and I hope to hell takes the chance and makes a success of it.

Nothing from the Daily Mail can be deemed essential reading.

I remember getting blasted on here for daring to suggest that the Spanish had told staff they were getting big pay cuts. Mark my words we dodged a major bullet with them.

I remember getting blasted on here for daring to suggest that the Spanish had told staff they were getting big pay cuts. Mark my words we dodged a major bullet with them.
How on earth were they allowed to speak to employees when they haven't even signed the purchase contract? Who gave them permission?

It would have concerned me more had the new owners come in and disregarded everything that had been done by LR and his team.
What he did with the lads off the pitch was as important as what he did on the pitch.
He kept everyone together despite everything admin threw at him so good luck to the lad he has earned the right to be the manager of this wonderful club and I hope to hell takes the chance and makes a success of it.

Right so that's that cleared up then, Richardson has been given the job on sentiment and gratitude for his efforts rather than being the best man for the job.

Right so that's that cleared up then, Richardson has been given the job on sentiment and gratitude for his efforts rather than being the best man for the job.
Just carry on grumbling in the corner of this message board.
There is also the bigger picture.
We are still in chaos
We need continuity - Richardson provides this. With continuity we stand a better chance of retaining some of our current playing staff
We do not need a complete rebuild from top to bottom, this would just extend the period of chaos.
Of course his appointment is a risk, as are many
There is a Public Image Ltd song, we could all sing when we rise to your provocations

Have an ear worm on me

I think instance, I think there's always an exception to the rule with regard to your first para.

As for para 2, absolutely.

Just carry on grumbling in the corner of this message board.
There is also the bigger picture.
We are still in chaos
We need continuity - Richardson provides this. With continuity we stand a better chance of retaining some of our current playing staff
We do not need a complete rebuild from top to bottom, this would just extend the period of chaos.
Of course his appointment is a risk, as are many
There is a Public Image Ltd song, we could all sing when we rise to your provocations

Have an ear worm on me

There's a few PiL songs that could apply here DatM... 'Disappointed' 'Double Trouble' 'This is not a love song' or even 'Open up' but change the Holywood for Latics 😉

Sentiment does and should always come into it to a certain extent, it always has, but in this case you know full well there is more to it than that.
If he doesn't succeed, I am sure the sentiment will wane and he will be replaced as every manager is eventually.
As for the best man for the job, it might take a bit of convincing to get Pep Guadiola to come to the Latics.

Sentiment does and should always come into it to a certain extent, it always has, but in this case you know full well there is more to it than that.
If he doesn't succeed, I am sure the sentiment will wane and he will be replaced as every manager is eventually.
As for the best man for the job, it might take a bit of convincing to get Pep Guadiola to come to the Latics.

In my honest opinion Jonnysking, Pep Guardiola would struggle to manage a team in the lower leagues. It is a different animal to coaching and managing players at the higher echelons of the PL. You are having to contend with players of lesser skill and the fact that you cannot spend obscene amounts of money to bring in players to play the way you want .

Could you imagine trying to play the systems and style that Man City play with L1 level players ?

I seriously doubt that any manager who has not had a grounding in the lower leagues could walk into a L1 club and have a successful season. They would have problems communicating their ideas to players, especially players who do not have the same skills as PL players to carry out the ideas.

I think that is part of the problem Rooney is having at Derby.