International Break Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

International Break Thread

Rising - 3/10/2017 17:17

Bluedub - 3/10/2017 17:07

My accent prevents me from pronouncing it like that :010:

:008:
Do you have a real Dublin accent, BD, like Colin Farrell? I love his.

Yeah I guess it would be something like his, he's a bit posher.

Getting back to business, I gather the Argie docs have said Kun will be out for six weeks, which I suppose is par for the course with broken bones.
:048:

Trouble with fractured ribs is that it freest breathing big time nd so really restricts exercise nd any exertion so his fitness will suffer nd so delay his return

Skoorb - 3/10/2017 20:02

Trouble with fractured ribs is that it freest breathing big time nd so really restricts exercise nd any exertion so his fitness will suffer nd so delay his return

Still got your ipad keyboard trouble I see.
:006:

The Argie doc only spoke to Aguero by phone, he didn't examine him. Could still be right mind but I'm still hopeful he'll be back sooner than that.

Rising - 3/10/2017 20:04

Skoorb - 3/10/2017 20:02

Still got your ipad keyboard trouble I see.
:006:

N&ftyg§¥$ )h@€!!!! :017: :017: :017:

Bluedub - 3/10/2017 14:08

Rising - 3/10/2017 10:10

I've seen a bit of footage on the telly this morning showing KDB training with the Belgium squad and he looks okay.
Incidentally, a few days ago I heard a Belgian football expert on the radio pronounce his name "de Briner" (brine-er). Maybe we've all been saying it wrong. :006:

How have we been saying it?

De Broon
De Brooneh
De Brineh
The Brown
ar Kev
Red Kev should do

I see that Kev's status has been updated on Physioroom.com as a hamstring strain........as has The Oracle of Delph

K de Bruyne Hamstring Injury 2 days
F Delph Hamstring Injury no date
S Aguero Fractured Ribs no date
B Mendy ACL Knee Injury 6 months
V Kompany Calf Muscle Strain 1 week

Skoorb - 4/10/2017 13:54

I see that Kev's status has been updated on Physioroom.com as a hamstring strain........as has The Oracle of Delph

K de Bruyne Hamstring Injury 2 days
F Delph Hamstring Injury no date
S Aguero Fractured Ribs no date
B Mendy ACL Knee Injury 6 months
V Kompany Calf Muscle Strain 1 week
Good news on Vinnie, we need him back leading

I know these guys are a lot fitter than us, well me at least, but I reckon four weeks for fractured ribs was very optimistic and think the same of the now predicted six weeks.
Maybe more like eight weeks.
Of course they now do have magic needles and goodness knows what else.

That's the thing Ozi, the bone only takes a few weeks to heal depending on fracture, he'll then take pain killing injections if we need him. Had a search and found that both Terry and Lallana have played with broken ribs in recent years.

Another thing this doctor, that didn't examine him, said that struck me was that Kun can't get in or out of a car. What I'd like to know is how does he know if he can get out of the car if he can't get in to it in the first place?

I’m not expecting to see Agüero back playing again until the end of next month. You cannot train at all with a fractured rib leg alone exert yourself at full pace so apart from the healing time he will have to regain his fitness.

The De Bruyne injury worries me in that I can see Martinez playing him and making a “light strain” worse and of course we have been here before with Delph and the constantly moveable feast that is “no return date”

Rising - 3/10/2017 19:33

Getting back to business, I gather the Argie docs have said Kun will be out for six weeks, which I suppose is par for the course with broken bones.
:048:
Games Aguero will miss during a six-week lay-off…
October 14: Manchester City vs. Stoke City – Premier League

October 17: Manchester City vs. Napoli – Champions League

October 21: Manchester City vs. Burnley – Premier League

October 24: Manchester City vs. Wolves – Carabao Cup

October 28: West Brom vs. Manchester City – Premier League

November 01 – Napoli vs. Manchester City – Champions League

November 05 – Manchester City vs. Arsenal – Premier League

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/argentina-provide-injury-update-on-man-city-top-scorer-sergio-aguero/996266#HO6cUE6bxBRbHfs8.99

Bluedub - 5/10/2017 07:50

Another thing this doctor, that didn't examine him, said that struck me was that Kun can't get in or out of a car. What I'd like to know is how does he know if he can get out of the car if he can't get in to it in the first place?

Hmm see what you mean. Maybe if he was starting from a position of being inside the car then he'd be unable to emerge unscathed but the same premix applies. Maybe if he was either inside or outside the car then he would be similarly incapacitated.

Did the Dr suggest what car it might be?

kennyclementstache - 5/10/2017 17:55

Bluedub - 5/10/2017 07:50

Hmm see what you mean. Maybe if he was starting from a position of being inside the car then he'd be unable to emerge unscathed but the same premix applies. Maybe if he was either inside or outside the car then he would be similarly incapacitated.

Did the Dr suggest what car it might be?

Ergo, bollox from the old Argie quack.

The first round of games are underway. Praying to the footballing gods all ours come through unscathed.