Interesting News Around the Football League | Page 23 | Vital Football

Interesting News Around the Football League

He’s now living much closer to work. ‘In the area’ were the words I think he used at the fans forum.

But his family still live that way so clearly a job nearer that way could be attractive. But I don’t think he’d consider the Accrington job for a second.
Absolutely zero chance he’ll leave us for Accy

He has now got a place down here .But I don't know if he still has a place up north as well.
He said recently his family home is in Cheshire.
But yes he also has a place in Kent now.
I think Robbie Stockdale lives in St Mary’s Island during the week but his family home is also up North.

Holt's deleted his Twitter account too. He's coming across as a man who's verging on a breakdown. The night he put the club for sale his tweets were erratic, sounding like he's had a drink. Wouldn't be surprised if something occurred last night.
Yeah, Coleman took some shots at Holt which I think spoilt the relationship between them.

Last edited:
For a club in mid table of L2 with average attendances of about 3k, Accrington fans should be most worried at the bit where he said 'funding losses stops at the end of this season.'

For a club in mid table of L2 with average attendances of about 3k, Accrington fans should be most worried at the bit where he said 'funding losses stops at the end of this season.'
Yes, I thought that too, Vambo. Could signal a nervous, very pressurized closing out of the season for Accy`s players.

Chesterfield s accounts for the year ending June 2023 show a loss of £2.1m and a total wage bill of £3.5m. The previous years accounts showed a loss of£2.3m under the old owners. The new owners reckon promotion will be a game changer, it had better be.

Chesterfield s accounts for the year ending June 2023 show a loss of £2.1m and a total wage bill of £3.5m. The previous years accounts showed a loss of£2.3m under the old owners. The new owners reckon promotion will be a game changer, it had better be.
Momentum is important in increasing fan engagement and thereby revenue.
However, with losses like this it’s difficult to see where they are going unless the owner is content to bankroll.

There is much presumption about what our players have been offered to come, and are being paid since BG took over, and how he must be expecting us to dominate due to his investment.

But if we and Wrexham are the only two clubs that are paying over the odds, how come the likes of Accrington and Chesterfield (among others) are making such breath taking losses?

A £3.5m wage bill would put them into the top six League 2 club budgets. Wrexham and Stockport’s is more than that, probably MK Dons as well.
After that there’s the likes of ourselves, Mansfield and Bradford.

Just by way of comparison though, yesterday Chelsea's parent company BlueCo 22 reported losses of £653 million pounds for March 2022 to June 2023, with the club also experiencing £90.1 million in losses.
FFP doesn’t seem fit for purpose currently.

Can`t see them failing to win the NL - though, if they underestimate tomorrow`s opponents, their form may continue to dip .

Given the fact that the Manor ground was in use not that many years ago you have to ask how long will this next stadium last?
Use to like going to the Manor ground, proper old football stadium back in its day til they moved to that horrible souless out in the middle of nowhere dump.
Good thing about Oxford Utd is they fucking hate Swindon more than us.