Interesting News Around the Football League | Page 22 | Vital Football

Interesting News Around the Football League

I was at Stevenage back in January with his agent, had a few good stories about JET's time with us. Essentially they said that he only wants to play football if the team is set up with him as the main man and he shouldn't be expected to run. Hilarious attitude from all concerned and probably answers your question.

It does. What a great attitude in a team sport eh?

I was at Stevenage back in January with his agent, had a few good stories about JET's time with us. Essentially they said that he only wants to play football if the team is set up with him as the main man and he shouldn't be expected to run. Hilarious attitude from all concerned and probably answers your question.
Not exactly JET heeled, then?

I'll fetch me coat :throw:

I know he has been coming off the bench, but since Tom Nichols joined Mansfield they have scored 20 goals in 5 games, including a combined 14 in the last two home games.

Incredibly arrogant, waste of space at times.

But then he did this and I'll always hypocritically forgive him...
I was behind the goal and I haven't seen many truer strikes of the ball since.

I was behind that goal too ! Such a shame about JET - one of the most naturally gifted forwards to wear a Gills shirt, but was so often lacking any kind of dynamism - a truly wasted talent.

Incredibly arrogant, waste of space at times.

But then he did this and I'll always hypocritically forgive him...
I was behind the goal and I haven't seen many truer strikes of the ball since.

Geez, there’s some crackers in that little lot. They are the type of goals where a team can play pretty crap, but win with one of those goals and everyone’s “top performance that”.

Geez, there’s some crackers in that little lot. They are the type of goals where a team can play pretty crap, but win with one of those goals and everyone’s “top performance that”.

Hear hear. That's the football conundrum.
It's amazing how one goal out of nothing can completely change the narrative!

Hear hear. That's the football conundrum.
It's amazing how one goal out of nothing can completely change the narrative!

I said exactly that about the Newport game. We had a dead set pen for holding turned down (x3 in one move), then Evans scores a worldie to win it for them and we are called shite by everyone. Fine margins.

Holt's deleted his Twitter account too. He's coming across as a man who's verging on a breakdown. The night he put the club for sale his tweets were erratic, sounding like he's had a drink. Wouldn't be surprised if something occurred last night.

SC still lives in the North West I believe.

He’s now living much closer to work. ‘In the area’ were the words I think he used at the fans forum.

But his family still live that way so clearly a job nearer that way could be attractive. But I don’t think he’d consider the Accrington job for a second.