Interesting News Around the Football League | Page 18 | Vital Football

Interesting News Around the Football League

Vadaine Oliver got off the mark for Stevenage last night. On loan from Bratfurt, Vadaine got the only goal of the game in a 0-1 win for visiting Reading ! Steve Evans said "That can happen and we won't apportion any blame from that"

The report, in Bradford`s Telegraph & Argus, didn`t mention anything about shouting and screaming and stuff being thrown around dressing rooms.

Oh dear.

Vadaine Oliver got off the mark for Stevenage last night. On loan from Bratfurt, Vadaine got the only goal of the game in a 0-1 win for visiting Reading ! Steve Evans said "That can happen and we won't apportion any blame from that"

The report, in Bradford`s Telegraph & Argus, didn`t mention anything about shouting and screaming and stuff being thrown around dressing rooms.

Oh dear.

Looked at last nights results and came across this weird one. In the Bristol Rovers - Fleetwood game. They had John Marquis booked on 57 mins. But didn’t come on as a sub until 74 mins.

Typo or did something weird happen? In the live updates it actually writes that Marquis was booked. And again that he came on later in the game. Can only think he got booked for something on the sidelines. Maybe Swore at the 4th official or something.

35FEC149-F125-4EF5-8BEC-DD1CA9D379E0.jpeg

I thought he left us because he wanted to go back 'oop north for family reasons?

Perhaps the ground is in North Stevenage ;)

Loans are normally for half a season these days. aren't they?

Looked at last nights results and came across this weird one. In the Bristol Rovers - Fleetwood game. They had John Marquis booked on 57 mins. But didn’t come on as a sub until 74 mins.

Typo or did something weird happen? In the live updates it actually writes that Marquis was booked. And again that he came on later in the game. Can only think he got booked for something on the sidelines. Maybe Swore at the 4th official or something.

View attachment 71455
Nowadays its easy for a sub on the bench to committ a cautionable offence.

I thought he left us because he wanted to go back 'oop north for family reasons?

Perhaps the ground is in North Stevenage ;)

Loans are normally for half a season these days. aren't they?

I wouldn’t be too quick to judge, Stevenage is 90 minutes closer to the North than Gillingham. Not sure where up north is his target but there are plenty of areas within easy drive of both Stevenage and let’s say Sheffield.

I wouldn’t be too quick to judge, Stevenage is 90 minutes closer to the North than Gillingham. Not sure where up north is his target but there are plenty of areas within easy drive of both Stevenage and let’s say Sheffield.
Fair enough. Also 27 minutes by train to London apparently so Leyton Orient next?

20 or so miles south of the border (Watford Gap) when looking at one direction only.