Ins and outs | Page 37 | Vital Football

Ins and outs

Apparently O'Brien is ours for £10m. Personally don't know enough about him to comment good deal/bad deal/no deal/offer say £8m?

We were saying similar about Egan and O'Connell at Brentford...

Have to be fair, I don't remember much about either, but I believe Egan was club captain when we signed him. O'Connell I think was surplus at the time.Neither were 10 mill

Regardless,If a player with O'Briens pedigree is commanding 10 million we are fucked.

Have to be fair, I don't remember much about either, but I believe Egan was club captain when we signed him. O'Connell I think was surplus at the time.Neither were 10 mill

Regardless,If a player with O'Briens pedigree is commanding 10 million we are fucked.

I only said 'similar'. Who would have had O'Connell based on his 'out of favour' status at the time...?

Btw saw somat on Huddersfield’s Twitter feed saying colin was after jebbo, im assuming on loan
think we need more in before we let him go unless someone’s buying and we can drag some more money in

Unless Jebbison signs a new deal and commits to the club, sending him out on loan is a waste. The manager said Jebbison's staying, but If there's a bid close to £5 million we've surely got to accept. It's a coin toss whether in 5 years time he'll be playing in the Champions League or Papa Johns.

Something's got to give with O'Brien. He won't make Forest's 25, he wants to play PL football, no club will pay 10 million for him, that's around double what they paid for him. I hope other players are closely watching how Forest and Cooper shabbily treat their players.

It's even reported that Forest are behind on payments for the O'Brien/Tofollo deal. The fat Greek owner's a crook.

I feel sorry for Hecky,Jack & Macca,it's shambolic to have what appears to be a worse squad than we finished last season with.I hope the fans don't turn on Hecky & the boys when we start getting losin week in week out,just to think i'm one of the optimists(happy clappers as some say) on here as well.:yes: UTB

I know things don't always go to plan but to say that we're not prepared with 5 days to go is putting it mildly. Even if we bring in a couple of players this week there's no way they'll be up to speed by the weekend. It's almost as if we're happy to write off the first few games which would be madness. I think that our best chance this season will be to get off to an ok start and at least take a few points in August because if we are cut adrift early, I think we'll stay there while the rest of the relegation fighting mob battle to avoid 18th and 19th place.

I feel sorry for Hecky,Jack & Macca,it's shambolic to have what appears to be a worse squad than we finished last season with.I hope the fans don't turn on Hecky & the boys when we start getting losin week in week out,just to think i'm one of the optimists(happy clappers as some say) on here as well.:yes: UTB

Agree with all of that Rod.
To ease the pain, can I suggest you try a bit of Bully’s therapy - which is to back against United and hope you lose your money.
I’ve already “sold” them on the season’s points spread, plus ordinary bets on relegation and to lose against Palace (probably the last chance this season to get odds against an opponent)! But all those are “hard headed” bets based on what I’ve seen in pre-season.
As I’ve said before: as long as I’m here to moan about United, I’m not going to moan about them. It is obvious from our transfer dealings this summer, that we are trying to ensure we are competitive next season in the Championship while getting the finances back on a sound footing.
Sacking Hecky, Stu and Jack would make no sense whatsoever.

Last edited:
O'Brien is going to go to the wire - or at least until after we've played Forest.

The right thing for us to do is leave in a bid around £6-7m and just wait. Forest have to let him go and they'll have no better option.

O'Brien is going to go to the wire - or at least until after we've played Forest.

The right thing for us to do is leave in a bid around £6-7m and just wait. Forest have to let him go and they'll have no better option.
Get some snake oil salesman in and convince the Scabs to take £5m and Lowe for him!

Inbelievable.
£170m
£15m Season Tickets
£7/8 m Shirt Sponsor
£15/20 m Ndiyae

and were still going round with begging bowls and pleading poverty. That's one thing I'll give the pigs. They always try to thing big, buy big, pretend to be big even though really they're small fry.

I wouldn't be shocked if Heckingbottom ended up at a club like Watford or Boro this season. The way he left Barnsley shows he's not afraid to break a contract, the ink had barely dried on that one.

He's on a hiding to nothing here. Relegation certs, an un-competitive budget coupled with a demanding owner and a likely player exodus come the end of the season. If we do get new ownership they'll bring in a new manager as a statement of intent.

We're down before we've even kicked a ball, and that's so frustrating. There were so many good free transfers on the market and we've not even competed.

I wouldn't be shocked if Heckingbottom ended up at a club like Watford or Boro this season. The way he left Barnsley shows he's not afraid to break a contract, the ink had barely dried on that one.

He's on a hiding to nothing here. Relegation certs, an un-competitive budget coupled with a demanding owner and a likely player exodus come the end of the season. If we do get new ownership they'll bring in a new manager as a statement of intent.

We're down before we've even kicked a ball, and that's so frustrating. There were so many good free transfers on the market and we've not even competed.
The only positive since the low key, efficient if unexpected promotion, has been how SUFC in it's entirety , has lowered expectations for the coming season.

So low that we would all see a 17th place finish as a miracle.

Maybe it's all part of the master plan?

I sincerely hope that's the case because , the way we have stumbled onto a worse squad than we came up with, I can see no glimmer of a plan, long term or short, no business strategy, no desire to even grasp the tail of the gravy train we hve scambled back onto.

Never been so fearful of a new season. ATM I only see embarrassment, ridicule and humiliation on the horizon.

So we sell our most creative player. Then we sell our next most creative player.
It’s just like the good old days!
At least my bets are looking better by the day.
Apart from the good salaries they get, I feel a bit sorry for the new players who must have thought they were coming to a club, at least striving to be competitive in the PL.
I think they’ve been conned! As have we.