Ins and outs | Vital Football

Ins and outs

Bulmer1889

Vital Football Legend
Staff member
Putting this up for what should be a busy summer of transfer activity (well hoping so anyway 🤞)
and the rumours that will no doubt come thick and fast as we get linked with every player that’s kicked a ball in the last 10yrs
so let’s start with the outs and this rumour
billy is past it for the prem unfortunately but should he be given a coaching role I think he governs the dressing room and this should be taken into consideration although I accept he may want minutes which we just can’t give him

Putting this up for what should be a busy summer of transfer activity (well hoping so anyway 🤞)
and the rumours that will no doubt come thick and fast as we get linked with every player that’s kicked a ball in the last 10yrs
billy is past it for the prem unfortunately but should he be given a coaching role I think he governs the dressing room and this should be taken into consideration although I accept he may want minutes which we just can’t give him

If Billy is being released it must surely be the same for Stevens and Fleck.
I think Norwood might be kept and I hear McB has been offered a new deal not just the activation of a 1 year extension. Bad call IMO.

He's 37, and although I love him to bits as a club captain, he's not going to be anything other than a bench warmer. He's still fit enough to play at L1 or L2 if he wants to keep going for another couple of seasons, but that old clock keeps on ticking and no-one is getting younger...

Team up with Didzy gets Derby promoted
That's a decent shout mi owd pal,Derby's transfer embargo has been lifted i've heard.I think Billy could do a job for the Millers in the Championship also.I've just seen that Billy,Flecky & Enda are leaving BDBL.UTB'

Last edited:
The time feels right for three superb club servants in Stevens, Fleck and Sharp to leave. Huge thanks to all three and hopefully we'll see them again somewhere down the road. Billy will be back at United in some capacity when he hangs up his boots.

I'd retain Norwood, Osborn and McBurnie. There's room in a 25 man squad for all three imo. There's an argument of course they're not good enough for the PL but it'd cost a fair chunk of change to replace them and the skill sets they bring to the squad. It'd also keep that core dressing room group that's done so well for us.

Getting Doyle back, either on loan or on a permanent, is the key business we need to sort asap. What he offers as a number 4 - the workrate, mobility, technical quality, mentality, coupled with his set piece delivery are a must for next season.

BLADES & Burnley are being linked with a loan move for Chelsea's highly rated midfielder Carney Chukwuemeka.UTB

Rumours that Kyle Walker is gunna turn down the chance to leave the Etihad this summer & run down the last 12 months of his City contract and then sign on a free for DEM MIGHTY BLADES. UTB

Rumours that Kyle Walker is gunna turn down the chance to leave the Etihad this summer & run down the last 12 months of his City contract and then sign on a free for DEM MIGHTY BLADES. UTB

I am wondering if Pep will see it best to get rid of someone who isn't 100% behind the team, and end his contract early.