Ins and outs | Page 84 | Vital Football

Ins and outs

Not the Keepers fault but judgement reserved. Three in midfield doesn't work especially with Norwood and Osborne in it.please can we get a few pence for McBurnie before the window closes. He was totally ineffective this afternoon. In fact I could have. caught him. The momentum changed when Brooks and Sousa came on.

United prepared to listen to offers for Wes in what’s left of the window they’d rather get some money for him than lose him for free in the summer
bit optimistic I feel asking for money but either way his work here is done

Do you know that we'll be in the Championship next season?

Same goes for people wanting Archer sent back.
I am quite aware our likely division is championship and still believe McBurnie should go. His history is not good attitude, injuries, sending offs, lack of pace and wages would to me be clearly sufficient to let him go with a little in the pot if he goes now. It would be bad business to extend his contract which runs out in June. Archer and some of our own youngsters along with Diazwould be a better gamble.

Do you know that we'll be in the Championship next season?

Same goes for people wanting Archer sent back.
Archer is going back unless somehow Villa accept a bid of below £4 million. If the Prince won’t spend when we are in the Prem he won’t next season. McBurnie is either injured or suspended for half the season so for me is not the answer. On early signs I would prefer to try and get Diaz.

I am quite aware our likely division is championship and still believe McBurnie should go. His history is not good attitude, injuries, sending offs, lack of pace and wages would to me be clearly sufficient to let him go with a little in the pot if he goes now. It would be bad business to extend his contract which runs out in June. Archer and some of our own youngsters along with Diazwould be a better gamble.
I'm sure i saw in the last week or so that Oli McB was close to extendin his contract at BDBL.UTB

If McBurnie is to leave we go into next season with no proven attackers.

His fitness record is a concern, and he will miss games, but he's better than he's ever been and we will not get a better striker of that type at Championship level.

We should be aiming to sign Brereton in addition to keeping McBurnie. They're different positions anyway. They'd be excellent together, with one other attacking player in the mould of David Brooks or O'Hare making up a front 3.

We paid a lot for McBurnie and must continue to squeeze the value out of him. If he stays, we'll do that. If we sell him now, we'll get pennies - nothing compared to the value of his contribution next season, where I'd expect him to get 15-20 goals.

Retaining him is a necessary security to measure to take. Losing him gives us too much work to do, and would be risky.

Bogle is the other one who must be retained. That might be trickier, because I think he may have more offers.

The rest of them can go. Their departures can contribute to a smaller squad size and subsequently allow us to offer terms to key players that they'll accept. Bogle and McBurnie are now the only two key players whose contracts need renewing.

If you look at what we already have for next season if these two stay, it's actually a very healthy place to start:

Grbic
Bogle Anel* Trusty RND
Hamer Souza Brooks
Osula McBurnie Brewster**

* Or his replacement
** LOL

Others: Robinson, Curtis, T.Davies, Arblaster, Slimane, Traore

Wilder will be looking forward to the summer. Me too. But it will be made a lot easier if we renew the two I mention.

Doubt it’s goin to be Joe worrall coming in forest want 6m for him so leaves the door open for championship leeds 🙄

Doubt it’s goin to be Joe worrall coming in forest want 6m for him so leaves the door open for championship leeds 🙄
Besiktas are interested in Joe Worral as well apparently.Ben Sheaf to BLADES for £5million is a rumour i've seen,probs a load of ball ax tho. UTB

Last edited:
Are our entire recruitment team based in Leicester by any chance as we’re reportedly after another of their reserves harry souttar things are getting desperate as even if we got him he probably wouldn’t be available for another 2 weeks as he’s down under with Australia at the Asia cup

Souttar's a big lump we could have done with this season, certainly more than the nothingness Trusty's brought to the team. But at this stage of the season it would be an underwhelming move.

And even if Souttar played well we've still got midfielders who don't track runs, don't close down and generally don't graft.

I'd take Souttar (or Coady) to go in the middle of the defence next season, replacing Egan.

I'm only really interested in us signing players who we'll be able to keep. I'm hopeful Brereton is one of them but he seems to be doing a bit too well.

I think last night confirms that while Wilder is here, Archer won't be coming back. It took 87 minutes to get him on, while chasing the game. Not a vote of confidence. My guess is that Wilder isn't impressed by his attitude. He has seemed quite half arsed - like a player who knows he's not here to stay.

I'd take Souttar (or Coady) to go in the middle of the defence next season, replacing Egan.

I'm only really interested in us signing players who we'll be able to keep. I'm hopeful Brereton is one of them but he seems to be doing a bit too well.

I think last night confirms that while Wilder is here, Archer won't be coming back. It took 87 minutes to get him on, while chasing the game. Not a vote of confidence. My guess is that Wilder isn't impressed by his attitude. He has seemed quite half arsed - like a player who knows he's not here to stay.
BBD took his chance to come here and test himself in the premiership whilst if doing well putting himself in the shop window
he will be plying his trade in the prem next season,we won’t

Yes, send Archer back, Seems to be able to finish when we get the ball to him in good areas so lets play Brewster instead.

Mitch and the fag packet scouts are already trawling the sunday leagues looking for the next Benson and Hedges. We will be fine.

Only in the wacky world of Sheffield United do we change formation mid season to one that doesn't suit our two big money marquee summer signings.

Yes, send Archer back, Seems to be able to finish when we get the ball to him in good areas so lets play Brewster instead.

Mitch and the fag packet scouts are already trawling the sunday leagues looking for the next Benson and Hedges. We will be fine.
Is that the 3 games he will be available. In fact the forward line will need some investment unless Osula rapidly fulfills his promise..