Ins and outs | Page 83 | Vital Football

Ins and outs

Does anyone else wonder why it seems to take longer for us to sign someone(medicals etc;) take longer than other clubs? I thought Grabich the keeper wudda signed by nar.UTB
The drugs take a while to take effect… and sometimes they aren’t powerful enuff hence …..
we tried for one or two BUT

Does anyone else wonder why it seems to take longer for us to sign someone(medicals etc;) take longer than other clubs? I thought Grabich the keeper wudda signed by nar.UTB
The trick is to keep the keeper signing and young Irish lad going on for weeks till there is very little time left. That leaves no time for the Prince to spend any more money.

How long is it since you said on here this was gunna happen Bully,it seems like months,not like thee to be quick off the mark mi owd pal.:giggle:Welcome to BDBL SAM,hope all goes well.UTB
Looks really promising, I hate to even think this, but, so did Brewster

Piece on Sam Curtis from somebody who’s watched him regular

I hope you’ll forgive my snarky attitude to the paint-by-numbers summaries, but here at The Pinch, we aim for insight you can’t find anywhere else. And so we spoke to David Judge, a human being who has seen the player play — it helps!

David told us:

Curtis has played a huge amount of senior football despite his age, and not only has been first choice for St. Pat’s for about a season and a half but also established himself as first choice right back for the Ireland U21 team. (For context, he’s playing alongside players three years his senior.)

Curtis comfortable in a back four for Pats
The first thing that stands out when you watch him is his defensive qualities. Curtis is an excellent one-on-one defender and has great defensive instincts. He’s good in the air, despite not being particularly tall, and has even filled in at centre-back for Pat’s.

Stats and similar player comparative ranking in LOI (2023): FotMob
In terms of offensive qualities, he's a good crosser of the ball and is an intelligent footballer who makes good decisions on the ball. If he has one weakness, it would be that he's not blessed with outstanding physical attributes. He’s not overly quick or strong but will likely fill out a bit as he gets older.
I'm personally very high on him and think he'll be Ireland's starting right back within 3 or 4 years.