Ins and outs 2023/24 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Ins and outs 2023/24

Loan signings are a perfectly reasonable approach for a club like ours. If selected wisely we can get quality of players we could never afford in the transfer market, the possibility of the parent club paying part of the wages and have players hopefully eager to impress. If we can uncover the odd jewel from lower divisions or other leagues we could also take a punt. But please no more three-year contracts to older players with dodgy injury records.

13/06/23

Long Eaton Utd. FC website - Adam Clark, Millers youth team player (out of contract) has moved to Long Eaton U. of Southern League Central Division.

20/06/23

BBC footballl website - Josh Vickers has left the Millers (out of contract) to join Derby County.

Never quite understood RUFC and particularly PW attitude to Stockton. Could have signed him but preferred Tom Eaves.

Most worrying thing I heard this week after Vickers departure is that Leeds are after Viktor. If we go from having two top GKs to none I shall be simply apoplectic.Hitting

I have a bad feeling about this. Leeds GK last season was on £30k. A momentum seems to be building. It would be a farcical outcome for the management at RUFC as we've lost three keepers already in last year or so if you count the lad who walked away from football?

Billy Sharp scored just two league goals last season, and I don't know if either of those were penalties. I remember "Brian the Blade" on Radio Sheffield saying that the manager must put him in the Blades starting eleven. The manager did for the next game and Billy Sharp broke down in the pre-match warm-up! Five years ago he might have been a good signing, but not now. He will probably score against us though next season.

Billy Sharp scored just two league goals last season, and I don't know if either of those were penalties. I remember "Brian the Blade" on Radio Sheffield saying that the manager must put him in the Blades starting eleven. The manager did for the next game and Billy Sharp broke down in the pre-match warm-up! Five years ago he might have been a good signing, but not now. He will probably score against us though next season.
Quite honestly reading some of the online stuff about several Championship clubs after BS I wonder if it's an agent's plant. Surely even our fabled recruitment committee have learned their lesson from the Tom Eaves affair. I shall be quietly brassed off if we go down this route again.

25/06/23

Reported on other Millers fans websites than Sean Morrison has signed for the Millers, after his previous loan spell. It was known that a pay-as-you-play deal was under negotiation. Nothing official yet.

A Twitter feed says we're about to sign Archie Collins, 23 yo Exeter City midfielder. MT must know him well so if true I defer to his judgement.

A poster on another Millers forum reporting that Viktor is going to Leeds and we get 2 players plus cash. I desperately hope this is bull as it would be shockingly inept to lose both GKs in space of a few days.:shake:

I saw that, but the poster is one of that site's many ( far too many!) wind-up merchants.

Also on that site a rumour that we are trying to sign Enda Stevens from the Blades. If he is in decent physical condition , I wouldn't be against that. Only played 12 times for the Blades in the league last season though.

Last edited:
If Stevens is uninjured - and he says he is and that he exacerbated a niggle by wanting to return too quickly - would be a good signing. Would it allow Cohen to play a freer role on the left?