Injuries 2023/24 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Injuries 2023/24

Starting to get a bit concerned about Madders' foot. I'm guessing the delay is because of waiting for swelling to subside to do another scan?
James MaddisonReason
Knee Injury
Further Detail
Knee Injury
Potential Return
02/09/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
25%

Why? The guy has talent, he made it this far. It's not like he intentionally injures himself. This pisses me off when we take shots at a decent kid.

My statement wasn't a shot at Sess...hell not his fault. My shot is aimed elsewhere.

Lo Celso is supposedly injured - hence not being picked by Arg for the internationals. The bloke is glass. Between him, Sess and Tang, the medical bills must be astronomical!
Absolutely ridiculous we didn't sell or at least get him off the books because of some false hope he won't be underwhelming and injury

Tottenham Hotspur
TRACK
Rodrigo BentancurReason
Knee Injury
Further Detail
June 23: 'We continue working, and my knee is doing very well. I didn't set a lap time, but I hope in two or three months to be at least gaining a few mins again.'
Potential Return
23/10/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Ryan SessegnonReason
Thigh Injury
Further Detail
July 11: 'Ryan has undergone surgery to his left hamstring following an injury sustained in pre-season training.'
Potential Return
21/10/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Bryan GilReason
Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury
Further Detail
Aug 02: 'Bryan has undergone surgery to resolve an issue in his groin. He will be closely monitored by our medical team to determine when he can return to training.'
Potential Return
21/10/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Richarlison de AndradeReason
Other
Further Detail
Knock
Potential Return
02/09/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
50%
TRACK
Alfie Malik WhitemanReason
Ankle/Foot Injury
Further Detail
Aug 03: 'Alfie has undergone surgery following an injury sustained to his ankle whilst on pre-season tour. He will now begin his rehab with our medical team, and a date for his to return to training will be determined in due course.'
Potential Return
No Return Date
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out

Richarlison has a “knock “
He has certainly taken a few on here .

Bents return keeps being pushed back , we may not see him this side of Christmas .

Sess has seen a lot of managers come and go , whilst not playing for them !

Nothing on here about G L C and his knock against Fulham .

Hotspur
TRACK
Rodrigo BentancurReason
Knee Injury
Further Detail
June 23: 'We continue working, and my knee is doing very well. I didn't set a lap time, but I hope in two or three months to be at least gaining a few mins again.'
Potential Return
23/10/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Ryan SessegnonReason
Thigh Injury
Further Detail
July 11: 'Ryan has undergone surgery to his left hamstring following an injury sustained in pre-season training.'
Potential Return
21/10/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Bryan GilReason
Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury
Further Detail
Aug 02: 'Bryan has undergone surgery to resolve an issue in his groin. He will be closely monitored by our medical team to determine when he can return to training.'
Potential Return
21/10/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Giovani Lo CelsoReason
Thigh Injury
Further Detail
Sept 01: 'The only one that is missing is Gio. He got a bit of a quad strain, and we took him off at HT. It's nothing too serious, and obviously, we've got the [break] coming up, so [he'll] be back not too long after that.'
Potential Return
23/09/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Ankle/Foot Injury
Further Detail
Aug 03: 'Alfie has undergone surgery following an injury sustained to his ankle whilst on pre-season tour. He will now begin his rehab with our medical team, and a date for his to return to training will be determined in due course.'
Potential Return
No Return Date
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK

Player - Club - Status - Return date - Injury - Last updated
Bentancur(Rodrigo)TOTInjured23/10/2023Knee injury Taken off with a knee injury in the match against Leicester on 11/2. The club later confirmed he'd be out for the rest of 2022/23 and the start of 2023/24 with a ruptured ACL. Still unavailable as of 22/9 but could return in 2-3 weeks. [Source]22/09/2023
default.png
Gil(Bryan)
TOTInjured23/10/2023Groin Injury It was reported on 2/8 that he had undergone groin surgery and would be out for some time. Still unavailable as of 22/9 but could return in 2-3 weeks. [Source]22/09/2023
default.png
Johnson (Brennan)
TOTInjured23/10/2023Hamstring injury Taken off with an injury in the match against Arsenal on 24/9. The issue isn’t too serious but enough to keep him out of the Liverpool game on 30/9. [Source]29/09/2023
200826.jpg
Lo Celso(Giovani)
TOTInjured23/10/2023Thigh injury Missed the Burnley game on 2/9 with a minor quad injury and has been absent since. Still unavailable as of 22/9 but could return in 2-3 weeks. [Source]22/09/2023
default.png
Perisic(Ivan)
TOTInjured01/06/2024Knee injury It was reported on 20/9 that he had suffered a "complex" ACL injury and would require surgery. Looks set to miss the rest of the season. [Source]20/09/2023
184349.jpg
Sessegnon (Ryan)
TOTInjuredUnknownHamstring injury It was reported on 11/7 that he had undergone hamstring surgery and will miss the start of 2023/24. [Source]11/08/2023
175941.jpg
Whiteman(Alfie)
TOTInjuredUnknownAnkle injury Picked up an ankle injury in pre-season and won't be fit for the start of 2023/24. [Source]

I'm not sure where Walt gets his from, so this looks a little different but has the same info.

Solomon - has had surgery today. Expected to be out for at least two months

Johnson - Hopes to be back for Fulham, not Luton.

Son - minutes + training being managed due to groin issue, the same issue he finally got operated on, is causing problems again.

Maddison's knee knock from V Arsenal, is still bothering him.

Gil's rehab is continuing and his training intensity is being upped, anyones guess if he'll be on the bench for Luton, but by all accounts it is possible.

Lo Celso has not returned to full training but he is said to be coming back soon. It has been a difficult month or so for Lo Celso, who picked up a quad injury against Fulham in the Carabao Cup in late August and was initially hoping to be back a couple of weeks later.

Instead, here we are more than five weeks on, and, unless he returns to training today or tomorrow, we will not see him before the Fulham game on October 23 at the earliest.

Tottenham Hotspur
TRACK
Ivan PerisicReason
Knee Injury
Further Detail
Sept 20: 'We can confirm that Ivan has suffered a complex Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury in his right knee. The experienced Croatia international sustained the injury in non-contact training and will undergo surgery.'
Potential Return
01/06/2024
Condition
None
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Manor SolomonReason
Knee Injury
Further Detail
Oct 06: 'It was announced on Thursday that [Solomon] had suffered a meniscus injury to his right knee in training [and] he underwent surgery the same day.'
Potential Return
13/01/2024
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Ryan SessegnonReason
Thigh Injury
Further Detail
Oct 20: 'Sess is still a fair bit of time away; he's longer term.'
Potential Return
25/11/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Rodrigo BentancurReason
Knee Injury
Further Detail
Oct 20: 'We've got to be mindful that he's missed a fair bit of football, but I think the more he trains with the first team over the next few weeks, we'll sort of pick our moment.'
Potential Return
25/11/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Yves BissoumaReason
Suspended
Further Detail
Sending Off - Two Yellow Cards
Potential Return
27/10/2023
Condition
None
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Brennan JohnsonReason
Thigh Injury
Further Detail
Oct 20: 'Brennan has had a good, solid couple of weeks of training, which is good for him. We'll see how he goes in the next couple of days.'
Potential Return
23/10/2023
Condition
Late Fitness Test
Status
75%
TRACK
Cristian RomeroReason
Ankle/Foot Injury
Further Detail
Ankle Injury
Potential Return
23/10/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
100%
TRACK
Ankle/Foot Injury
Further Detail
Potential Return
No Return Date
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK

Tottenham Hotspur
TRACK
Ivan PerisicReason
Knee Injury
Further Detail
Sept 20: 'We can confirm that Ivan has suffered a complex Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury in his right knee. The experienced Croatia international sustained the injury in non-contact training and will undergo surgery.'
Potential Return
01/06/2024
Condition
None
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Manor SolomonReason
Knee Injury
Further Detail
Oct 06: 'It was announced on Thursday that [Solomon] had suffered a meniscus injury to his right knee in training [and] he underwent surgery the same day.'
Potential Return
13/01/2024
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Ryan SessegnonReason
Thigh Injury
Further Detail
Oct 20: 'Sess is still a fair bit of time away; he's longer term.'
Potential Return
25/11/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Rodrigo BentancurReason
Knee Injury
Further Detail
Oct 20: 'We've got to be mindful that he's missed a fair bit of football, but I think the more he trains with the first team over the next few weeks, we'll sort of pick our moment.'
Potential Return
25/11/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Yves BissoumaReason
Suspended
Further Detail
Sending Off - Two Yellow Cards
Potential Return
27/10/2023
Condition
None
Status
100%
TRACK
Pape SarrReason
Illness
Further Detail
Oct 23: 'He has been under the weather and was lacking energy. We knew we could get 60-65 out of him, and that was all we could ask. He should be fine [for Friday].'
Potential Return
27/10/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
50%
TRACK
Ankle/Foot Injury
Further Detail
Potential Return
No Return Date
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK

Biss back on Friday , but still only one yellow away from another suspension ..

Which pisses me off when I see how players for other teams get away without being cautioned when playing against us …

And that is not a conspiracy theory , in any shape or form.

But compare the Hoj and Paullinha tackles last night . Who made contact and who didn’t -and what tackle was the most reckless.?
Who had two players cautioned and who had none ?

Biss back on Friday , but still only one yellow away from another suspension ..

Which pisses me off when I see how players for other teams get away without being cautioned when playing against us …

And that is not a conspiracy theory , in any shape or form.

But compare the Hoj and Paullinha tackles last night . Who made contact and who didn’t -and what tackle was the most reckless.?
Who had two players cautioned and who had none ?
Everyone around me at the ground just could not believe the inconsistency and double standards shown by Anthony Taylor. He was an absolute disgrace and any Sunday League referee would be a million miles better. However we have to remember that Anthony Taylor was …….. well, er, Anthony Taylor. He has previous and we got what we should have expected. I’m surprised Timbo has not gone to town on this horrendous example of a ‘referee’. Next time I will say what I think!!!