Incoming Transfer speculation | Page 31 | Vital Football

Incoming Transfer speculation

Even up front. Who cares what they have done?John Akinde had been heard of and on the face of it could have been a good signing. As could many others I had heard of too.It is about signing players up front who will score this season and next. Not last season and the one before. Eaves and Wilkinson were are perfect example on the face of it Wilkinson was a good signing. Eaves a cart horse who didn't know where the goal was.

Good point.

When was the last time we signed a “name” striker (for our level) that actually delivered? Since our Championship years ended there’s not been many.

I can only think of maybe Cody Mac. And Simeon Jackson we paid good money for a quality youngster.

Are there any others that were a name and proven decent that played well for us? Our most recent goal scorers Eaves and Oliver did nothing much before they got here.

Edit - forgot Danny Kedwell probably qualifies.

Even up front. Who cares what they have done?John Akinde had been heard of and on the face of it could have been a good signing. As could many others I had heard of too.It is about signing players up front who will score this season and next. Not last season and the one before. Eaves and Wilkinson were are perfect example on the face of it Wilkinson was a good signing. Eaves a cart horse who didn't know where the goal was.

Good points chris but if Harris is allowed to pay enough to attract a known striker then I'd expect him to spend wisely. He's an experienced manager better than the division we are in and he did the job himself (striker). It's quite possible also that he takes a punt on an unknown, who does well.

Good points chris but if Harris is allowed to pay enough to attract a known striker then I'd expect him to spend wisely. He's an experienced manager better than the division we are in and he did the job himself (striker). It's quite possible also that he takes a punt on an unknown, who does well.
With Shorey hunting I would expect at least one Junior Lewis (free transfer from Hendon I believe)
A few Mark Saunders (free from Plymouth type )
Maybe a Andy Thomson (decent fairly experienced striker)A Leo Forune West (IE a young/ or youngish non leaguer)
If they turn up half as good we will be smiling.

Good point.

When was the last time we signed a “name” striker (for our level) that actually delivered? Since our Championship years ended there’s not been many.

I can only think of maybe Cody Mac. And Simeon Jackson we paid good money for a quality youngster.

Are there any others that were a name and proven decent that played well for us? Our most recent goal scorers Eaves and Oliver did nothing much before they got here.

Edit - forgot Danny Kedwell probably qualifies.

I think you also forgot Adebayo Akinfenwa.

With Shorey hunting I would expect at least one Junior Lewis (free transfer from Hendon I believe)
A few Mark Saunders (free from Plymouth type )
Maybe a Andy Thomson (decent fairly experienced striker)A Leo Forune West (IE a young/ or youngish non leaguer)
If they turn up half as good we will be smiling.
I think we will be in the bargain basement,

Scott Kashket

An unusual and colourful CV. Not a lot to, on the face of it, get us excited with a pretty low goals to games ratio and not really breaking it into a poor Crewe team last season. However, let's be honest, the consensus was that a lot weren't impressed with the CVs and signings of Tom Eaves and Big V, so happy to give the lad a chance and see what he can do. I would imagine he is more of a squad signing, but who knows?

An unusual and colourful CV. Not a lot to, on the face of it, get us excited with a pretty low goals to games ratio and not really breaking it into a poor Crewe team last season.

Year before that, though, he played 30 times for Wycombe in the Championship. Only scored 4 goals, admittedly, but as we've seen with the likes of Sidibe, Mulligan, etc., there's more to a striker's game than just scoring goals.

Good luck to him, look forward to seeing what he can do for us.

An unusual and colourful CV. Not a lot to, on the face of it, get us excited with a pretty low goals to games ratio and not really breaking it into a poor Crewe team last season. However, let's be honest, the consensus was that a lot weren't impressed with the CVs and signings of Tom Eaves and Big V, so happy to give the lad a chance and see what he can do. I would imagine he is more of a squad signing, but who knows?
1 goal in 18 league appearances for Crewe last season who released him in the summer.

Not the big striker NH has been alluding to as Kashket is just 5`9" but maybe he`s someone to play off our big #9 (when we get him). Kashket scored 4 times in 28 games in the Championship (Wimbledon). Welcome Scott.

Not the big striker NH has been alluding to as Kashket is just 5`9" but maybe he`s someone to play off our big #9 (when we get him). Kashket scored 4 times in 28 games in the Championship (Wimbledon). Welcome Scott.
Wimbledon in the Championship ?