In Cook we trust? | Page 6 | Vital Football

In Cook we trust?

........ if we’re in the bottom three at Christmas, the fans will turn without a doubt.

For what it's worth, I agree. With this squad, I'd hope for better.

That said, it's mid August, we've played two league games, beaten one of the favourites for the title, and some folk (not you) have already turned,
?

I had doubts about Cook last season, but he proved me wrong and turned things around. Due to to this, I think that he deserves time to show us what he can do.

The result against Preston was unfortunate, but the result the previous week against Cardiff was brilliant and unexpected.

Let's see how the team gets on in the next 7-8 games before we even consider questioning the manager. We have a lot of new players and it will take some time to determine what our best team is.
Did he turn things round? When? All the clubs near the bottom went in free fall. Last season we were shite.

For what it's worth, I agree. With this squad, I'd hope for better.

That said, it's mid August, we've played two league games, beaten one of the favourites for the title, and some folk (not you) have already turned,
?
What happened last season basically looks like happening again. That loss at PNE last year began the calls of a proportion fans for Cook’s head which escalated into peaks and troughs as the season went on. Same situation here, the only thing that’ll shut everyone up are wins. Unless he has us in the top two, he’ll never convince 100% of our fans for whatever reason whether it be team selection, style of play or even dress sense!

I thing the key thing is to be careful what you wish for, if you’re going to start calling for Cook’s head don’t do it unless you have a realistic replacement in mind.

Even if we are in the top two, unless we are top some on here will not be satisfied. Second place would be failure
Most are missing the point even if you put your 3rd team or the youth team out you should try to win a game of football and Cook last night did not with his subs we dont have many fans so why p.....s them off by doing that ...... that is the point i am making

I had doubts about Cook last season, but he proved me wrong and turned things around. Due to to this, I think that he deserves time to show us what he can do.

The result against Preston was unfortunate, but the result the previous week against Cardiff was brilliant and unexpected.

Let's see how the team gets on in the next 7-8 games before we even consider questioning the manager. We have a lot of new players and it will take some time to determine what our best team is.
I had doubts about Cook last season he was very lucky to be kept in post due to the away results - I still have them and these increased following the game last saturday when he demonstrated clearly that he had learned nothing from last season.
I used to really enjoy following tics away - not anymore it's painful consistently and it can't continue - if he doesn't change it will be the end of him as manager sooner rather than later

Adrift = Failing to reach a target or winning position. Tis an informal British description. Glad to help
Sorry Strap, but that's not what it means..... and it would apply to his plans, or the team, not him.

At this point in the season, wininng one from two league games, we are certainly not adrift.

Let's be realistic here. We've played well in 1 half out of 4 in league games.
Not the best start granted. Even though we've lost Powell and James I would say the squad has improved as a whole.
But it'll take 10/15 games for the squad to gel together. So a bit of patience is needed.

There have been some bloody awful threads over the years, and this one is one of the worst.
Why do the same people always want every manager dumped? They cannot be supporters of our club.
Why do the more balanced people keep perpetuating this stupidity by engaging with them. They are clearly on the wind up. Come on!

There have been some bloody awful posts over the years, and the one above is one of the worst.

No one takes the daft sod on any more, so he posts attention seeking drivel once again. :rofl:

There's only one reason we signed Moore, get ready for the long ball lads.

That said, Morsy won't get has many yellow cards and suspensions.

Two games in and a huge overhaul of the squad and the reactionary keyboard warriors are already calling for Cook's head. Bwahahaha! Keyboard warriors aren't the only kinda warrior befitting them.

Quit trolling our board and fuck off to Wigan rugby world. Morons!