In Cook we trust? | Page 7 | Vital Football

In Cook we trust?

Such a shame that game is reduced to a side show cos of poor refereeing decisions. We had countless fouls against us but not many signs of a yellow card. Saying all that their away support was good despite the total knobs in the west stand home end & the cock in the away end with the 'Wigan Whites' flag #bellend

I thought we might lose 2-0 at start of play today so to only lose by that score with 10 men and incompetent officials is a big positive for me.
I thought Moore was excellent and when the other players start to anticipate where Kieffer is going to put the ball I think it will pay dividends. I’m proud of them tonight although I really do think we need to look at our defensive coaching because we are conceding too many soft goals and then leaving ourselves with a mountain to climb.
I just hope they are not so shattered after today so much so that they don’t turn up on Tuesday.

The goalkeeper made a couple of decent stops, made another couple look harder than they should and just inspires me with zero confidence when the ball is lobbed in the box. Mind you the defence are giving him no protection at all.

Corners, crosses were bad today, but can anyone explain when we have a central free kick our only tactics seems to be lob it out of play on either flank.

Corners, crosses were bad today, but can anyone explain when we have a central free kick our only tactics seems to be lob it out of play on either flank.
Our best chance of getting back into the game at 10 v 11 was clearly via a set piece.
We didn't get many but the quality of the ones we had was truly awful.
Is it too much to expect accurate delivery and a thought through drill for every dead ball situation ?

This was a difficult game, and we had Joe Williams sent off when he arguably shouldn’t have been. Such things are out of Cook’s control, and none of us really know how the match would’ve transpired had this particular decision not gone against us, so I think that we should reserve our judgement until we have seen at least a few more fixtures, which are all winnable matches. I have faith that he will turn it around.

Last edited: