Immigration | Page 2 | Vital Football

Immigration

• Thread starter Villan Of The North
  • Start date
The only thing I have to say at this moment in time is some really don't realise that there is no such thing as English?

Our gene pool has been amended more than Kerry Katona and Jordan's uterus put together.

I'm sorry GT, but you stand out for so many reasons here I am actually not going to comment properly. I actually find it sad.

That is a fantastic post CDX.

It's all about regrets isn't it. If you live a life without regret, it doesn't mean anything other than, you lie down at night, content.

Does it mean it's a perfect life.....lol

But you grab onto what's important and that drives you.

That's all it is.

It's as obvious as people who think immigration is a new thing like laptops. It' always existed, it always will, the bottom line is do you focus on the 90% who pay taxes, panic about the 2% who claim benefits and don't bother learning the language, or the 8% who work off the books and pay every other tax because amazingly even a snickers bar is taxed?

We are trillions in debt, even the true wankers make up less than 5% of the population.

Really....just really?

Is the best use of our time best spent on brown people and people who don't invite Christ into their hearts?

No wonder I'm not proud to be English, I struggle with groups who'd want me as a member. Than fuck I help run a website, if I was only a member I couldn't even take part :17:

It does seem from what they tend to say that the Left's response to immigration is more reactive than proactive.

In their rush to present themselves as entirely different from the right, they tend to base their case for immigration on how the country benefits economically from immigration, which is a capitalist's analysis, who they normally condemn when discussing just about any other issue.

In their effort to refute the right, the left tend to totally ignore the fact that mass emigration is actually damaging to the countries the emigres leave.

I seem to remember Alan Johnson made the case on QI that new EC members should be protected from the economic damage caused by emigration by basing regulation on a threshold of GDP per capita.

This seemed like an excellent idea but for some reason it never caught on.

It always seems that when it comes to discussing immigration most people of the left are more concerned with proving what nice people they are rather than discussing the actual issues.

It always seems like they are the same people who when told that dihydrogen oxide is dangerous, agree that it should be banned.

The economic issue dosnt concern me as much as the anti-Britishness that is taking place. I dont care for colour, money or where a human comes from. If he needs asylum and help, im all for it...If he needs a job im all for it. The issues I have regarding immigration is the hate towards Britishness. Boo'ing poppy day, burning flags, just anything that undermines the country(any country), the laws, customs, culture etc where they wish to take residence.

The people swinging towards English Defence League, or UKIP are not doing so because of the colour of someone's skin or that he may/may not have a job(although some are moaning on this issue)..Its mainly because of the anti-Britishness that takes place, the killing of one our soldiers gained a massive swing towards UKIP. This is why it dosnt work.

OnMeHeadFred - 15/10/2013 11:36

In their effort to refute the right, the left tend to totally ignore the fact that mass emigration is actually damaging to the countries the emigres leave.

Yup totally true but for the likes of Ireland they are doing nothing to keep people here... Its been unavoidable for me but I see budget2014 all over my twitter and FB... Everything goes up in price and income goes down... I know its better than nothing and nobody should feel entitled to have a job when they leave college... However when your two main options are:

A) Wait three months on the dole and then go on the Government internship programme for 150e per week for 40 hours work sometimes with bad organisations...
-or-
B) Leave for better prospects elsewhere, more money, travel and a future...

I did A and then went for option B as I was never going to get job it was just cheap labour for them... I can see the merit in the plan but unfortunately its so easy to exploit that thats exactly what happens...

But yeah you are 100% correct and in Ireland we basically get a free education and yet they still dont try to keep us around... They are subsidising education and they just let us leave to boost other economies...
Im so angry with what we let happen in Ireland the EU run our little country and its getting destroyed... Austerity isnt going to revive any economy it promotes the ambitious and well educated to leave...

Green Tea - 15/10/2013 17:53

The economic issue dosnt concern me as much as the anti-Britishness that is taking place. I dont care for colour, money or where a human comes from. If he needs asylum and help, im all for it...If he needs a job im all for it. The issues I have regarding immigration is the hate towards Britishness. Boo'ing poppy day, burning flags, just anything that undermines the country(any country), the laws, customs, culture etc where they wish to take residence.

The people swinging towards English Defence League, or UKIP are not doing so because of the colour of someone's skin or that he may/may not have a job(although some are moaning on this issue)..Its mainly because of the anti-Britishness that takes place, the killing of one our soldiers gained a massive swing towards UKIP. This is why it dosnt work.

As I said, perhaps we need to demand more of our immigrants. For example, to get citizenship in Norway one has to be able to pass a language test and a test on general Norwegian culture and history. The quality of immigrant is no reason to stop immigration, just a reason to demand more.

CDX_EIRE - 15/10/2013 17:04

OnMeHeadFred - 15/10/2013 11:36

But yeah you are 100% correct and in Ireland we basically get a free education and yet they still dont try to keep us around...

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.

I asked a Polish friend of mine whether he thought he should help his country and he went off on one in Polish, which translated, minus the swear words, into something about them never doing anything for him and only wanting to exploit him for low wages.

I was asking about some appeal the Polish authorities were making at the time for skilled workers to return.

He obviously knew a self-interested appeal to patriotism when he heard one.

Green Tea - 15/10/2013 16:53

It's called Brainwashing, GT. Do you actually know the stats on immigration? The reasons people come here? Their financial status? Their professional standing? Do you know how many of these immigrants actually do "hate" the British?

Or do you prefer the Daily Mail fuelled view, which bears little resemblance to the truth?

Its not what your country can do for you...Its what you can do for your country.

If your a skilled, intelligent young career minded adult, then start up a business and compete on the world stage for your country...Create jobs and improve the economy. Why are you waiting for something to fall into your lap?

You talk up that the governments should create work - yet why cant you? OR why can the government do it and not you?

The problem we have today is NOT too many people or too many colours of people but we have people with no ideas, no get up and go.

Ive already suggested on these forums - insect eatery, has anyone done this yet? No. Is it expensive to set up? No.

Its people that are the problem, years ago many of our fathers had dreams of starting on their own and many did, it created jobs and movement. Yet most the fathers of today are just looking for the 9-5pm mon-fri job with no hassles or risks.

If you walk around some booming cities in the world today(these very cities where your Irish/British kids are emigrating to) like in Australia etc - they have variety, choice - yet the cost of living could be classed as more expensive than here. This choice and variety could be on offer in OUR cities if people get up off their arses and start off some ventures.

I know a guy that lost his job and has since set up a small holding from scratch - he sells veg, pork, eggs, jams, chutneys and does various small holding courses. This business took NO set up costs, just your good honest hard graft and a bit of a brain. He is making more money than what he ever earned when in employment. Not only that, he is eating healthy, living healthy, he is fit & happy etc.

Keep going to Australia and Canada - but just remember what ever they are doing (in general) we could be doing here too. It takes you to do it!

It's called Brainwashing, GT. Do you actually know the stats on immigration? The reasons people come here? Their financial status? Their professional standing? Do you know how many of these immigrants actually do "hate" the British?
---
You see, you can keep living on your cloud if you want...But yes I do see it, WITHOUT reading any clap trap magazine or paper. Its also not a case of HOW many...One is too many.
Have I witnessed many cases in my life of anti-Britishness(stuff the media never got hold of)? = Yes, I spent nearly 9 years in the middle of a predominant Asian area, ive known guys that peddle Western (British)hatred and Ive seen what was going on around me with my very own eyes. I dont need to read the papers, who in fact dont print a fraction of it!

Im just very surprised you have never witnessed anything yourself, you must live in a bubble - try getting out more.

Green Tea - 15/10/2013 18:44

---
You see, you can keep living on your cloud if you want...But yes I do see it, WITHOUT reading any clap trap magazine or paper. Its also not a case of HOW many...One is too many.
Have I witnessed many cases in my life of anti-Britishness(stuff the media never got hold of)? = Yes, I spent nearly 9 years in the middle of a predominant Asian area, ive known guys that peddle Western (British)hatred and Ive seen what was going on around me with my very own eyes. I dont need to read the papers, who in fact dont print a fraction of it!

Im just very surprised you have never witnessed anything yourself, you must live in a bubble - try getting out more.

LOL. Hit a nerve? Never seen you lose your cool like that and try and insult someone. Somehow it makes you seem more human.

What about the British that hate Britain? Do you want them hung as well?

Green Tea - 15/10/2013 18:30

Its not what your country can do for you...Its what you can do for your country.

But there's the rub because by having open-door immigration and allocating housing according to need, the government have broken the contract between the state and its citizens.

Once the government removes all the privileges based on historical connection with the country, then there can be no duties either.

If we are now all equal and the fact that my family fought to defend the interests of the country now counts for nothing, on what basis do I have patriotic duty?

OnMeHeadFred - 15/10/2013 19:46

Green Tea - 15/10/2013 18:30

But there's the rub because by having open-door immigration and allocating housing according to need, the government have broken the contract between the state and its citizens.

Once the government removes all the privileges based on historical connection with the country, then there can be no duties either.

If we are now all equal and the fact that my family fought to defend the interests of the country now counts for nothing, on what basis do I have patriotic duty?

Immigration has benefited this country greatly in recent times. Without it, we would be in even more financial trouble. They bring in a Net profit to the Revenue, and have helped bring the age of the population down. Without this latter effect, there would be fewer of us trying to pay for the Pensions of the growing elderly population.

Also, many have been invited here to take jobs that couldn't be filled. Nursing in the NHS is a prime example. There is still a big shortage of qualified Nurses, and it is only by the influx of those here now that we have any sort of running Health Service at all.

I think the tendency here is to stereotype the Immigrants as either Muslim extremists or Romany thieves. The facts could not be further from the truth, with the less savoury immigrants being a minutely small minority.

Dont want anyone hung...But what do you do when the only reason someone hates your kids is because of the soil of which they were born on? They dont stand a chance, just hated because they just so happen to be British..

Move to another area of the country perhaps and close your eyes to it all? Just tell your kids not to worry as its only a few people like that and round here(in our new home) it will be better. Yep people are doing that!

Hate your kids? Really? And there was no provocation?

If this is indeed true, have you ever thought that it is because of the way they are treated by the British communities? I've been around Asian communities in the Midlands, and the White, British people I saw were just as bad, if not worse.

Perhaps we could both move towards a more tolerant viewpoint?

So your saying it's ok for today's children to be punished for yesteryear's crimes?

It would be fantastic if we could all move forwards with a more tolerant viewpoint. And you have read CDX's post above....Where he came to Birmingham and had no hatred aimed towards him at all?

You can offer your hand in friendship so many times but if you cannot wash out the ingrained hatred that lies within(maybe due to past treatment in history to their nation/people) then what can you do?

Are you happy to just accept your children being hated just because OF THE SOIL they were born on(a huge reason for the increase in EDL and UKIP growth)? And if you are one of unfortunate ones that cannot afford to move home(hence why most members of UKIP/EDL are in predominant areas where immigration is high) what do you do, to get education changed so that we can all move towards a better future?

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 15/10/2013 20:13

What about the British that hate Britain? Do you want them hung as well?

Hanged :14:

Green Tea - 15/10/2013 20:31

So your saying it's ok for today's children to be punished for yesteryear's crimes?

It would be fantastic if we could all move forwards with a more tolerant viewpoint. And you have read CDX's post above....Where he came to Birmingham and had no hatred aimed towards him at all?

You can offer your hand in friendship so many times but if you cannot wash out the ingrained hatred that lies within(maybe due to past treatment in history to their nation/people) then what can you do?

Are you happy to just accept your children being hated just because OF THE SOIL they were born on(a huge reason for the increase in EDL and UKIP growth)? And if you are one of unfortunate ones that cannot afford to move home(hence why most members of UKIP/EDL are in predominant areas where immigration is high) what do you do, to get education changed so that we can all move towards a better future?

If it's the same communities I have seen, these are not recent immigrants, though. These are second, third and fourth generation and the hatred is just engrained. It started with the Racism when they arrived, and now it has just spiralled to a level that is almost too far gone to change.

The new Immigrants, that you want to stop, have a very different make-up. It's shutting the stable door after the Horse has bolted.