I hate what the world is becoming | Page 29 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

Welcome to the world of judges who fine somebody £100 quid when they've clearly caused £1000's worth of damage. Yup proof, evidence and all the rest, but if you're a dick the fine (whether or not jail time is sufficient) should represent the total cost of their twattery - even down to any Emergency service petrol used.

Yup - help, rehab etc, but taking ownership has to be the first step doesn't it. You'd never pay the whole thing back in many circumstances, but the means of paying fines in increments are already there £1 in every £100 as an extra tax for example.

Chicken feed really, but something, it'd be ownership, for many I would imagine it would turn into a sense of pride if they turned themselves around as well.

Okay, I'm not sure where to begin with this one?

Downward dog, sun salutations and all other yoga practices are "absolutely incompatible" with the Christian faith, the powerful Greek Orthodox Church has said. Yoga has no place "in the life of Christians," the governing body of the Church has ruled.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52935478

Okay, I'm not sure where to begin with this one?

Downward dog, sun salutations and all other yoga practices are "absolutely incompatible" with the Christian faith, the powerful Greek Orthodox Church has said. Yoga has no place "in the life of Christians," the governing body of the Church has ruled.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52935478

I had thought that they had issued a fatwa against it here but apparently they didn't.

If you start doing yoga, you might start doing meditation. You might start feeling calmer and healthier and start thinking that there might be something to these eastern religions.

Just on GMB now. I didnt know this was a thing.
Lions are being bred in Farms in south africa for either slaughter for export of their body parts or for being set up for some freak to 'hunt' them and kill them.
I feel physically sick. I would honestly and proudly be happily brought to justice if i ever shared a room with these scum bags.
And id very happily do it with my bare hands. I wouldnt use traps/weapons/baiters/or hide like a p$@%y hole. Shame they cant try going toe to toe for the kill isnt it.
Animal lives matter

A bit left field from the thread but....

A father who initially paid £4.99 for his 11-year-old daughter to use a smartphone app was shocked to discover a bill for thousands of pounds a month later.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53272411

Youngest plays that game and there's a reason neither kid has ever purchased something for an online game in this house.

It should be utterly criminal to auto accept a payment on stuff like this when it's quite clearly only used by kids. Parents should have to manually authorise each payment, each time and there should be no storage functions for details - using the excuse of third party payment sites is pathetic.

:arrghh::arrghh::arrghh:

'Upward-thrusting buildings ejaculating into the sky' – do cities have to be so sexist?

Toxic masculinity is built into the fabric of our urban spaces, writes Leslie Kern, author of new book Feminist City. And the results aren’t just divisive – they can be lethal.

Glass ceilings and phallic towers. Mean streets and dark alleys. Road names and statues of men. From the physical to the metaphorical, the city is filled with reminders of masculine power. And yet we rarely talk of the urban landscape as an active participant in gender inequality. A building, no matter how phallic, isn’t actually misogynist, is it? Surely a skyscraper isn’t responsible for sexual harassment, the wage gap, or even the glass ceiling, whether it has a literal one up top or not?

https://www.theguardian.com/artandd...-kern-phallic-feminist-city-toxic-masculinity

200.webp

:arrghh::arrghh::arrghh:

'Upward-thrusting buildings ejaculating into the sky' – do cities have to be so sexist?

Toxic masculinity is built into the fabric of our urban spaces, writes Leslie Kern, author of new book Feminist City. And the results aren’t just divisive – they can be lethal.

Glass ceilings and phallic towers. Mean streets and dark alleys. Road names and statues of men. From the physical to the metaphorical, the city is filled with reminders of masculine power. And yet we rarely talk of the urban landscape as an active participant in gender inequality. A building, no matter how phallic, isn’t actually misogynist, is it? Surely a skyscraper isn’t responsible for sexual harassment, the wage gap, or even the glass ceiling, whether it has a literal one up top or not?

https://www.theguardian.com/artandd...-kern-phallic-feminist-city-toxic-masculinity

For the love of all things holy, does everything have to be analysed and slated these days. What about the fact cars, ships, etc are referred to as she then, that offends me. There I've said it, I am offended that my car is referred to as a she, at best my car is non binary.

Just fuck the fuck off, everyone, go on, fucking well fuck the fuck off. ARRGGHHH

:rofl::rofl:

To think some will read that, agree, and sit around discussing it at great length. I think skycrapers should all be demolished and should become under earth scrapers... that would be ace, no light, just thousands of feet under ground.

Blimey some people need to grow up.

First and second wave feminism had more rigour and serious goals, third wave feminism is a total farce.

Yes, I would have been all for first wave feminism, equal rights, equality etc.

But that article just shows how completely redundant feminism is in 2020. They have nothing to complain about so they just make stuff up, and have been doing so for years.