Hypothetical situation | Page 2 | Vital Football

Hypothetical situation

It's a shame he's shortly going to be 29, but Sammie Szmodics really deserves to have a shot at the PL in the attacking midfield role.

He has 24 in the championship from midfield and 30 altogether

It's a shame he's shortly going to be 29, but Sammie Szmodics really deserves to have a shot at the PL in the attacking midfield role.

He has 24 in the championship from midfield and 30 altogether
Apparently,according to the media, Luton are in for him whatever division they are in.

Hate to break it to you...

Forest will have allowable losses of £83m for the 4 years till 2023/24. Two in the EPL and one in the EFL.

Sadly, the big ones don't drop off so we have

£40m
£52m

Those two years are already over the £83m we are allowed so we need to make around a £9m PROFIT this year and it's already been forecast that we are going to make around £13m loss i understand.

So we need to raise £21m.

If i was Marinakis i would be arranging for the transfer or loan fee on some of the fringe players while we can. Why can't we have some more sponsorship like Man city have got away with ?

Because i don't think Marinakis is as rich as it seems. If you look at the accounts we paid a staggering £10m in interest fees alone last year. We also borrowed against the BJ money to get this in one lump sum rather than wait for the spurs payments. We have £12m of bank loans.

Given we are in this position you would think someone would have think about making our balance sheet stronger (even if it's for the year end period!) and bloody reduce the crippling interest payments. If we didn't have the £10m last year (and presumably the same if not more this year) we wouldn't need to sell anyone.

Relegation would be very costly imo.
Where do those numbers come from?

Forest will have allowable losses of £83m for the 4 years till 2023/24. Two in the EPL and one in the EFL.

£40m
£52m

Those two years are already over the £83m we are allowed so we need to make around a £9m PROFIT this year and it's already been forecast that we are going to make around £13m loss i understand.

If i was Marinakis i would be arranging for the transfer or loan fee on some of the fringe players while we can. Why can't we have some more sponsorship like Man city have got away with ?

Because i don't think Marinakis is as rich as it seems. If you look at the accounts we paid a staggering £10m in interest fees alone last year. We also borrowed against the BJ money to get this in one lump sum rather than wait for the spurs payments. We have £12m of bank loans.

Given we are in this position you would think someone would have think about making our balance sheet stronger (even if it's for the year end period!) and bloody reduce the crippling interest payments. If we didn't have the £10m last year (and presumably the same if not more this year) we wouldn't need to sell anyone.

The 12m is a bank overdraft and 5m of the 10m in interest fees was the payment to Maquairies for the factoring arrangement relating to BJs transfer - that is a one off payment.

The only real area of concern is the wage bill; and that should come down markedly at the seasons end.

And the two year losses you quote are wrong.

Murillo at 9m euros was amazing business..if we can find a few more Murillo/danilo level of transfers then we could be in business

The 12m is a bank overdraft and 5m of the 10m in interest fees was the payment to Maquairies for the factoring arrangement relating to BJs transfer - that is a one off payment.

The only real area of concern is the wage bill; and that should come down markedly at the seasons end.

What do you believe the last two years PSR losses are ? Don't seem to be many sites with a breakdown of the losses, but I did manage to find this one, which has the same figures as Fulham Red.

Forest’s PSR calculations showed losses of £3m for 2020/21, £40m in 2021/22 and £52m in 2022/23.

Currently, it is projecting to realise losses of approximately £12-17m for the year ending 30 June 2024.

£40m
£52m

doesnt add up to me, tv money is more than wages in itself so once we get paid this year we should be 100m in the black

My point is why didn't Marinakis use his own money knowing we were over. It's alarming we use a finance arrangement for the BJ money to support our cashflow.

The two years were how we were £39m over the limit last year. What exactly do you think those numbers actually are if i am wrong ?

What do you believe the last two years PSR losses are ? Don't seem to be many sites with a breakdown of the losses, but I did manage to find this one, which has the same figures as Fulham Red.

Forest’s PSR calculations showed losses of £3m for 2020/21, £40m in 2021/22 and £52m in 2022/23.

Currently, it is projecting to realise losses of approximately £12-17m for the year ending 30 June 2024.

Yup - that's how i got to it too..

My point is why didn't Marinakis use his own money knowing we were over. It's alarming we use a finance arrangement for the BJ money to support our cashflow.

The two years were how we were £39m over the limit last year. What exactly do you think those numbers actually are if i am wrong ?

"My point is why didn't Marinakis use his own money knowing we were over. It's alarming we use a finance arrangement for the BJ money to support our cashflow."

That is not how it works in business - instruments like overdrafts and factoring are used to support sticky cash flow issues.

Marinakis uses plenty of his own money to convert historical debts into equity, as and when needed.

"The two years were how we were £39m over the limit last year. What exactly do you think those numbers actually are if i am wrong ?"

The two years debts are 44m - 13m which was allowable and the 21m in promotion bonuses, which I assume is being contested, and 34.5m from last season, which was actually inside the limit.

That means we are 21m away from budget but we also get an additional 22m in allowances

I've not read the detail, but as you say, whilst most businesses do run up interest charges, if EM has enough liquid money it would make no sense to use up part of Forest's PSR allowance on interest, if he could have provided an interest free loan.

I've not read the detail, but as you say, whilst most businesses do run up interest charges, if EM has enough liquid money it would make no sense to use up part of Forest's PSR allowance on interest, if he could have provided an interest free loan.
he's hardly the sharpest tool in the box tbf

He did inherit most of it. And to be fair, Militadis is likely to inherit and become a multi millionaire, and he went to a lot of trouble to sign Jesse Lingard.
Really…?

When he took over at Forest he was reportedly worth around £1bn. He is now worth in excess of £3bn…

I wish I was as stupid as the multi millionaire EM...
Surely you mean Billionaire.

EM has generated most of his own wealth.

He started Capital straight out of University in 92 and grew it into a huge concern way before his old man died in 99.

He inherited his old man's Company and he now describes the entity as a family business.

The Company grew out of all recognition when he teamed up with private equity group WL Ross in 2018.

His tanker business alone is valued at 2bn; he owns a shed load of media Companies on top of that.