Hull V Forest Match Thread Sponsored by the breadcrumb covered fishy delight | Page 4 | Vital Football

Hull V Forest Match Thread Sponsored by the breadcrumb covered fishy delight

We seem a lot stronger defensively without Fox and Osborn in the back four.

They're a great central pairing for combative performances, I'd be slightly more nervous against a side with pace and guile - not that there are many at this level.

Nobody has doubted Robinson is a defensive upgrade on Osborn but we're playing a very flat back 4 with two defensive midfielders often and far more conservatively than early in the season. Fine for grinding draws and wins but our fullbacks do need to offer more going forward if we really want to push on.

They're a great central pairing for combative performances, I'd be slightly more nervous against a side with pace and guile - not that there are many at this level.

Nobody has doubted Robinson is a defensive upgrade on Osborn but we're playing a very flat back 4 with two defensive midfielders often and far more conservatively than early in the season. Fine for grinding draws and wins but our fullbacks do need to offer more going forward if we really want to push on.
I think we looked less flat at the back today. Yacob's quality in intercepting and quick passing encouraged the fullbacks to overlap and allowed Colback to push on more than I have seen him do (ever?)
As much as I am a fan of both Osborn and Fox they are both going to work hard to get back into this team (which is great news in terms of squad depth as far as I'm concerned?)

I think we looked less flat at the back today. Yacob's quality in intercepting and quick passing encouraged the fullbacks to overlap and allowed Colback to push on more than I have seen him do (ever?)
As much as I am a fan of both Osborn and Fox they are both going to work hard to get back into this team (which is great news in terms of squad depth as far as I'm concerned?)

Different playing away from home against a mediocre side to a home game that we're expected to win. Rolling with 7 players that rarely leave our half gives teams opportunities to frustrate us and the crowd to grumble.

The Villa game will give us an indication of how far we have improved since the beginning of the season.On paper they have the best starting line up in the league,possibly with West Brom, and I expect their new manager to get them firing now.

Different playing away from home against a mediocre side to a home game that we're expected to win. Rolling with 7 players that rarely leave our half gives teams opportunities to frustrate us and the crowd to grumble.
But you play one game at a time and today worked + we certainly didn't play with 7 players anchored in our own half today so kudos to AK for enabling a much more entertaining performance.

But you play one game at a time and today worked + we certainly didn't play with 7 players anchored in our own half today so kudos to AK for enabling a much more entertaining performance.

I've already said that. There are two conversations to be had: the absolutely fantastic progress built upon a really solid foundation that's lead us to 7th and how we move that bit further up the table.

Today reminded me of the Boro away performance which included Watson...

This is a puzzle...How is Osborn not getting in the team? He was player of the season for us 2 years ago........

I'd
This is a puzzle...How is Osborn not getting in the team? He was player of the season for us 2 years ago........
I'd swap him for Cash on the left...he only replaced him for the last 10 mins or so, but looked good. Cash always seems to fall over every time he gets the ball.

I'd

I'd swap him for Cash on the left...he only replaced him for the last 10 mins or so, but looked good. Cash always seems to fall over every time he gets the ball.
I don't think there is much between them to be fair. Different types of players but they both add energy, perhaps cash is the better option coming on later?

have to disagree, our performances are improving and we are only a point behind all 4 teams in the play off slots and we are creating a gap between us and the pack behind us - unlike previous seasons we are solid and improving at this stage.
Just hope joe doesn't get injured....

So many positives. Thoroughly professional job done yesterday in horrible conditions. Jo, Joe & Lewis really starting to gel- feel like we we will score every game. Finally we have solid back 4. New boy yacob seemed to slot right in and will keep colback, geddy and Watson on their toes. Ansariford (yea I'm probably spelling that wrong) only got 10mins but great to get him on the pitch.

Have to agree with AK, think this team still has some way to go in terms of potential and can only see us getting better.

Hope to see that famous ak discipline over Xmas cos a good December will set us up nicely for the run in.

Given the competition in the league this season I think play off place is not a.given but it is clearly a possibility- given the investment we should be competitive but I'm sure I don't need to remind people how easy it is to piss 100m away and achieve nothing but going backwards.

We r close to the half year reference point and imo from the owner down there are some excellent report cards due.

After years of shite, think we have turned that corner and the hope we all share can make a genuine return.

Another good week to be a tricky tree.

COYR

Other than Bolton Hull are the worst team I have seen this season especially first half. Thought the ref was good as well though we didn’t do the constant fouling & time wasting which always helps. Hull have real problems & it continues to look up for us. January will be interesting though to see who stays & if we strengthen any further. At the rate they’re going Lolz & Grabz might take some hanging onto.

Think the teams we all expected to be up there..are...Villa Derby and Leeds will be massive for us if we can get points from them...would be great to get a couple of wins on the trot....my cup is still only half full with the manager on his selection and tactics ...but my loyalty to the club is still as strong as ever....UReds

Got nothing but good things to say at the moment - I don't think we are spectacular by any stretch, but comfortably beating teams away from home if something weve not done in years. In the last 4/5 I'd expect us to be beaten or at most nick a point.

We are solid all over the pitch and I credit the manager, who I questioned earlier in the season for the upturn.

Just got to keep being consistent, be more of a threat at home for sure and hope we don't have the usual injury curse to our best players! Well done though forest, it's genuinely really good supporting them at the moment & the fans absolutely deserve this!

Villa game was good to watch.Excellent going forward but defensively poor! Lansbury came on 2nd half and then got injured so unlikely to be playing against us,I guess. Would be very impressive if we could keep their attack quiet midweek.

Villa game was good to watch.Excellent going forward but defensively poor! Lansbury came on 2nd half and then got injured so unlikely to be playing against us,I guess. Would be very impressive if we could keep their attack quiet midweek.
Would be even better if we took the game to them...no reason why we can't...keep their fans quiet and it's game on

Really good away day yesterday. In control from the first minute and never looked troubled - although that was in part thanks to how truly awful Hull were. People have moaned about the football at the CG this season but I pity anyone who sits through that shite every other week.

Yacob was superb and was always there to break up Hull's attacks. He's great at just winning it back and giving it to others to start an attack.

Defence solid again. Dawson and Fig have got a great partnership going and Darikwa looks confident.

Thought it was Carvalho's best game in a while. Another assist and some great bits of play. His break away and pass to Colback was brilliant and Colback really should have made it 3.

Only negatives are that Pants still didn't inspire confidence with his dropped catch in the first half and Robinson looked awkward going forward. A few times in the first half the ball went under his foot or he just ran it out.

But overall everyone had a decent game. Hope we can follow it up by getting something from Villa.

I thought JC was pretty off the pace in the first half. His set pieces rarely beat the first man and he looked like he was struggling. Grabbz dropped into that role several times during the first 30 mins. Second half he was a different class. Completely agree with everything else and we passed it around with not many going awry from short, medium and long. Yacob and Colback look a better pairing than Gueddy and Colback. Yacob does play it short but he played a glorious pass with the outside of his boot in the first half that should have seen this bitch hit double figures.

Sadly, great posters like FF59 and AC are now posting their material exclusively on COYRs, driven out by Woanz drivel and Popes arguing.

Still, it will soon be Christmas