Hughton Out | Page 6 | Vital Football

Hughton Out

The guy at WBA was an overseas no mark at the beginning of last season
Yes, he was indeed. As was Philippe Montanier.

How long do we think Dane Murphy will be able to hide poor performance behind his brief success at another club? For longer or shorter time than Hughton?

1) /2) Doesn't make an awful lot of sense to hire a manager to devise the strategy that he is responsible for managing. Whilst having an input is more than acceptable, being responsible for devising is nonsensical.

They need a strategy and to find a suitable manager to implement the strategy.

3) Eager does not necessarily mean suitable or capable.

4) As all the support staff were hired considerably later than Hughton, it appears to me that they hired Hughton and then have tried to shoehorn a strategy for him to work with and work under. This makes absolutely no sense from a strategic point if view, because the strategy and support team were supposed to be in place before the manager was in place. You simply do not run a business of this size and nature like that.

6) I would imagine carrying out a new strategy ought to take at least one full season to see any sort of impact at all and two full seasons before you start seeing anything resembling significant results.

The split second Terry quit at Villa he'd be a warm favourite for any Championship managerial gig going. His work at Villa Park was massively overrated.
It wouldn't make any kind of sense but since when has anything that happens at Forest made sense?

The split second Terry quit at Villa he'd be a warm favourite for any Championship managerial gig going. His work at Villa Park was massively overrated.
It wouldn't make any kind of sense but since when has anything that happens at Forest made sense?
John Terry will not be the manager of this club this season.

If he wants one of those plum jobs, he should get himself down to the Conference or league two like Hasselbaink and Campbell had to. Start properly.

1) /2) Doesn't make an awful lot of sense to hire a manager to devise the strategy that he is responsible for managing. Whilst having an input is more than acceptable, being responsible for devising is nonsensical.

Why?

Gary Brazil and Hughton collaborated on the strategy which has an emphasis on development and recruitment; both strands, if successful, will hopefully outlive any manager - do you think Brazil's input on player development will only be valid for the time he is at the club?

Well that is what Murphy gets the big bucks for; he needs to find a person with the right capabilities.

4) As all the support staff were hired considerably later than Hughton, it appears to me that they hired Hughton and then have tried to shoehorn a strategy for him to work with and work under. This makes absolutely no sense from a strategic point if view, because the strategy and support team were supposed to be in place before the manager was in place. You simply do not run a business of this size and nature like that.

I do not agree.

A review of operations, like the one which took place, would have highlighted the things we do well in addition to highlighting the areas were we need improvement; after all, the last thing you want to do is to throw the baby out with the bath water when looking for improvement.

Recruitment was the obvious area of concern, but changes have also been made to improve the Academy - Warren Joyce has come in to coach the U18s for example.

Hughton will not come close to seeing the benefits of the changes which have taken place; the changes will take time to permeate through and will far outlive his tenure as manager - I do not understand why you think he should have been excluded from the discussions - if he has an expertise, use it.

Hughton will not be the one who manages the implementation of the strategy either, that is Murphies job.

The focus should not now be on individuals, it should be on the process; is it fit for purpose? is everyone buying in? is it bringing the desired results?

6) I would imagine carrying out a new strategy ought to take at least one full season to see any sort of impact at all and two full seasons before you start seeing anything resembling significant results.

hughton, give him a wndow, give him a window, give him a window

gives a window
hughom out hughton out. lol so many hypocritical twats

You say that "his work at Villa Park was massively over rated" but he would be a "warm favourite for any Championship managerial gig going", surely that is a contradiction?

Terry's days at Villa were numbered from the moment Craig Shakespear returned to the club; he jumped before he was pushed.

John Terry will not be the manager of this club this season.

If he wants one of those plum jobs, he should get himself down to the Conference or league two like Hasselbaink and Campbell had to. Start properly.

Campbell felt he was too good to start from League Two and that there were 'other reasons' that meant he had to start from there. Those same reasons, if genuine, would also apply to Hasselbaink.

Those reasons do not apply to Terry, nor did they apply to Fat Frank or Rooney.

Campbell felt he was too good to start from League Two and that there were 'other reasons' that meant he had to start from there. Those same reasons, if genuine, would also apply to Hasselbaink.

Those reasons do not apply to Terry, nor did they apply to Fat Frank or Rooney.

As far as Terry is concerned reasons are immaterial; the question you have to ask is do you want someone of his character at the club?

I would take Conference football before I accepted that racist c * n t at the club

You say that "his work at Villa Park was massively over rated" but he would be a "warm favourite for any Championship managerial gig going", surely that is a contradiction?

Not really. The 'massively overrated' part is my opinion, the 'favourite for any Championship job going' seems to be how things are turning out.

I'm in the Hughton in camp, simply because I do not think a change of manager will achieve anything (bar any initial honeymoon bounce) until the club gets its house firmly in order first and clarifies and solidifies their strategy and vision (if they are capable of doing this).

Who is this and what have you done with zed?

Nothing has changed for me. I want to see if Hughton can get anything from this revamped squad. Our position dictates that we can’t give him too much time but I at least want to see a game or two…

What do you imagine is "revamped"?
How many players do we have potentially making their debut? Or even their second or third game? The squad is very different to the one that lost to Coventry, Bournemouth and Blackburn. It is different to the team that played Derby.

I accept I am in the minority and accept the reasons why. It has been a miserable 12-18 months to be a Forest fan. I just don’t subscribe to the view that everything that is wrong will be cured by a change of manager.

How many players do we have potentially making their debut? Or even their second or third game? The squad is very different to the one that lost to Coventry, Bournemouth and Blackburn. It is different to the team that played Derby.

I accept I am in the minority and accept the reasons why. It has been a miserable 12-18 months to be a Forest fan. I just don’t subscribe to the view that everything that is wrong will be cured by a change of manager.
Is it?

I honestly can't remember who the players are we signed in the last week. A borrowed left back who wasn't good enough to oust Bong against Derby. Who else was it? Wasn't there a midfielder who never scores or plays for some PL team in a position we already have plenty of players?

I remember coming out of it feeling that not a single problem was solved and that nothing we signed was better than the crap we already had.

You obviously thought differently, let's see these players surprise one of us