Huddersfield Town | Page 3 | Vital Football

Huddersfield Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one piqued my interest, possibly because it was missing a little something called fact. Bunch of deluded Muppets.

Capture 3.PNG

Last edited:
It wouldn't surprise me if they did show interest in the WBA job, at the time it seemed like a decent step up.

However, I can't see the Cowleys going to Huddersfield. I don't think they will be interested in the Huddersfield job given the current state of the club. On the flip side, I don't think Huddersfield will be interested in the Cowleys at the moment. They are in a very critical period of thier football club. They're struggling following relagation from the premiership and they only have a couple of years of parachute payments to steady the ship (i.e. avoid the double relgation). At this time they will be looking for an manager with experience in the championship at least.

I have no doubt the Cowleys would do a fantastic job if they do go, but I can't see it happening (or at least I hope it doesn't happen!).

Huddersfield is a decent enough place to live with its transport links et al.

One has to put up with dickheads full of their own self importance living in Huddersfield, like this mother below, wait hang on a second - Royston Vasey was filmed in Huddersfield! Nuff said.

1567368355694.png

"Remember John Beck's Cambridge United. They came up through the league's and got within a whisker of the Premier League.

The Cowleys and Lincoln City remind me of them. Only with better football. I think they could do well in the Championship."

Compared to the great moonshine runner, praise indeed!

This one piqued my interest, possibly because it was missing a little something called fact. Bunch of deluded Muppets.

View attachment 34891

I have to say some of the crap that is written on message boards is laughable! "Cowley IS looking to move"! Clearly whoever wrote that is a deluded fantasist. How on earth would a cyber warrior even know that even if it were true which it most clearly isn't!!

Danny and Nicky have clearly stated they would never move club mid season and having spoken to them and their Dad on several occasions I have no doubt they would be true to their word. Also their fans keep harping on about money but again DC and NC are very well paid and have said that money never has and never will be a motivating factor. Their fans think they are like other managers who have grown up in the footballing greed world when they clearly aren't and have no idea about them!

What a tool !! :lol:

Last edited:
I have to say some of the crap that is written on message boards is laughable! "Cowley IS looking to move"! Clearly whoever wrote that is a deluded fantasist. How on earth would a cyber warrior even know that even if it were true which it most clearly isn't!!

Danny and Nicky have clearly stated they would never move club mid season and having spoken to them and their Dad on several occasions I have no doubt they would be true to their word. Also their fans keep harping on about money but again DC and NC are very well paid and have said that money never has and never will be a motivating factor. Their fans think they are like other managers who have grown up in the footballing greed world when they clearly aren't and have no idea about them!

What a tool !! :lol:
They clearly have no knowledge of the bond between the Cowleys and the city, which actually is understandable - it is very unusual, after all. People make stuff up to make themselves feel better, and some like to do so to appear important/ITK. Everything that bloke writes is wrong, so 0/10 for him.

Huddersfield is my home town and was there until I joined the RAF at 19 - and had supported HTFC from being about 5 - and its fair to say at best they have potential to be a good Championship side, but are not sustainable at Premiership level and never have been even in the halcyon days of Frank Worthington et al. As far as the town itself is concerned it has seen serious economic downturn, particularly in manufacturing and this together with the government's austerity programme, is typical of many large towns and cities in the north, which have seen increased deprivation and decline.

Would I return to West Yorkshire - if I had a free choice and felt I needed to re-locate the two favourite areas would be North Yorkshire, north of York and towards the coast or North Norfolk - would probably plump for the latter as I could more easily travel to Imps home games.

On the key question about DC/NC's possible interest in HTFC, my advice to them would be, at this stage of their development, don't touch them with a barge pole. They are at a stage of transformation, which is not going well so far, and could result in a free fall into Division 1 unless there is a clear out of current players and positive recruitment of players who want to and can play at Championship level.

I think if there was ever a chance of Huddersfield Town tempting the Cowleys over it was before the season started. Unfortunately for our Terrier friends that time has gone so they will need to look elsewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.