Huddersfield Town | Page 2 | Vital Football

Huddersfield Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
One day DC/NC will move on with their careers.

But I think they already know that there is nothing to compare to the buzz of taking a small club like Lincoln City FC as far as you can with the whole city behind you, promotion after promotion, cup run after cup run, up to a level only dreamed of by most.

Non-League to the Championship would make them even more marketable than they are now. A trip to The Championship would be our Premier League. They can, then at that point, walk away with glowing pride of job well done. In the meantime there is work to do for the best management team in City’s history. Sad day when they do go but I and I hope all City fans will thank them and give them a special place in their hearts.

One day DC/NC will move on with their careers.

But I think they already know that there is nothing to compare to the buzz of taking a small club like Lincoln City FC as far as you can with the whole city behind you, promotion after promotion, cup run after cup run, up to a level only dreamed of by most.

We will all look back to this Cowley period one day and have to pinch ourselves as to just how good it is right now - 2nd in League 1 - anything is possible whilst we have Danny and Nicky... UTI⚽❤️

Huddersfield are historically a lower Championship/L1 side though, aren't they? A small amount of time at a L2 type level but they're not exactly one of the bigger clubs.

You wouldn't look at Huddersfield in L1 and see them as you would an Ipswich, Sunderland type.

Huddersfield are historically a lower Championship/L1 side though, aren't they? A small amount of time at a L2 type level but they're not exactly one of the bigger clubs.

You wouldn't look at Huddersfield in L1 and see them as you would an Ipswich, Sunderland type.
Championship/L1 is about right. People think of them as one of the bigger clubs in the lower divisions because that is where they have been for much of the last fifty years. Despite some glory years in the 1920s with an FA Cup win and three League Championships, they haven't finished in the top half of the top division since 1954.

When I started watching football in 1969, they were about to win promotion to the old First Division where they spent two seasons; since then:

Tier 1: 2 seasons
Tier 2: 18
Tier 3: 22
Tier 4: 6

Huddersfield small club can you imagine danny walking and the chairman saying look our aim is to finish above leeds ,they had 2 seasons in the prem and returned to there level ,like bradford ,bolton etc , bristol city would be the type of club for them

I live in the area and the only noises I'm hearing are Kranka, Moyes, Hughton and the odd metion of Pulis. I would caveat it, as I do tune out when Town fans chunter on as they are inclined to spout the biggest load of bollocks in the western hemisphere.
It was all the talk at their game yesterday amongst their fans, according to a work colleague. As long as it's just fans.
We all know they'll move at some point. Just not for the next 5 years.?

Huddersfield have finished the last eight seasons with a negative goal difference. How they hell they got promoted to the PL in that time and survived a season is absolutely beyond me. It's a statistical anomaly and they're back at the level their recent history indicates is about right - strugglers in the 2nd tier, a big fish in the 3rd. Bit there's little to no chance of them getting back in the PL this year or the foreseeable future.

That might present a challenge in itself for DC if he was between clubs, but hardly one that would seem attractive right now. DC is part way through the ultimate Football Manager game. Anyone who plays knows you don't jack four years of work in to move to a no name club with a player list as messy as your 16-year-old self's bedroom.

They will also be looking at the experiences of Paul Hurst and Nathan Jones moving to Championship clubs, which hasn't turned out all that well.
Although I agree with this, it's probably also worth considering managers like Clarke at Bristol Rovers, and even Steve Tilson at Southend, who perhaps stayed too long at the clubs with which they made their name. Both turned down offers from bigger clubs at the height of their success and were subsequently let go when the teams that they had got punching above their weight found their level.

Going to treble his wages and he'd be crazy to turn them down!
Typical yorkies, think the world ends at the county boundaries and how anyone wouldn't want to be there is beyond them!

Although I agree with this, it's probably also worth considering managers like Clarke at Bristol Rovers, and even Steve Tilson at Southend, who perhaps stayed too long at the clubs with which they made their name. Both turned down offers from bigger clubs at the height of their success and were subsequently let go when the teams that they had got punching above their weight found their level.
Suppose the difference is Tilson was a one Club wonder and Clarke's option was Leeds, who were operating under the eccentric Italian!

p.s. long time since you've been on here, Brown!

Could be difficult for Huddersfield to attract a decent manager as it looks like a poisoned chalice right now.

Ah yes!. Signs a very good midfielder from Everton, ' come to us and we can go places!'. Then talks about hopefully signing a couple more players. Of course he's gonna consider this struggling team!

Last edited:
I see their fans have spotted this thread. I can't blame them for wanting the Cowley, but it does get old reading comments like 'if we want them there's no way they won't come'. There's no way that bigger teams haven't come in for the Cowleys before now and been turned down.

One day left in the transfer window, why would you even consider leaving a team in 2nd (early days) to enter a car crash and not able to change anything until January.

Status
Not open for further replies.