Huddersfield Match Day thread sponsored by Catherine Tate | Page 2 | Vital Football

Huddersfield Match Day thread sponsored by Catherine Tate

Worth trying the formation out but can see Yates and Garner getting overrun in the middle.

Johnson will certainly consider it completely unacceptable to track back or help out in the middle in any way, shape or form.

I think it’s a crap team by the way. Defensive yet again and there’ll be a huge gap between the holding players and front 3.

7 defensive players.

Love it.
Spence and Lowe are pretty attack minded full/wing backs with Spence in particular having been played on the wing recently by Boro.

Based on 3 at the back and with Zink injured not sure what else you expect him to do and who else you would expect him to pick.

7 defensive players but hopefully we have more attacking intent and have more in attack when we have the ball, either way it's a change I want to see as the other has not worked for over a season.

Spence and Lowe are pretty attack minded full/wing backs with Spence in particular having been played on the wing recently by Boro.

Based on 3 at the back and with Zink injured not sure what else you expect him to do and who else you would expect him to pick.

Going to love Yates standing on the back threes toes passing it sideways and backwards to then offload onto the "wing backs" who are square of them.

It's going to be ace seeing the back five (six if you include Yates playing five yards away from the CBs) "keep possession" whilst Garner, Lolley, Johnson and Grabban are marked by six Hudderfield players about 100 yards up the pitch.

Going to love Yates standing on the back threes toes passing it sideways and backwards to then offload onto the "wing backs" who are square of them.

It's going to be ace seeing the back five (six if you include Yates playing five yards away from the CBs) "keep possession" whilst Garner, Lolley, Johnson and Grabban are marked by six Hudderfield players about 100 yards up the pitch.
Again, what would you have done different? Who would you pick?

All well and good criticising but at least be realistic. Spence and Lowe are our width and both are more used to going forward than defending.

Wouldn't surprise me if we picked up a point here, maybe two, different coach, different approach, possibly different players included.

We could have done worse than have Reid appointed on a permanent first team job.
I would bet good money we wont get 2 pts today. what odds you want to give? ;)

apparently coops n co wil be at the game today.. mayb hes asked riedy to go 3 at the back so he can see it in action in this free hit gme

Again, what would you have done different? Who would you pick?

All well and good criticising but at least be realistic. Spence and Lowe are our width and both are more used to going forward than defending.

With Carvalho, Mighten and Silva as options, i'm unsure whether a 6121 formation is the best way forward.

Not a lot of attacking subs on the bench if we need to change and try to get back in the game.