How to beat City...CL 2nd Leg - Manchester United FC (The Sky Blues) vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 4 | Vital Football

How to beat City...CL 2nd Leg - Manchester United FC (The Sky Blues) vs Tottenham Hotspur

For the first half .Lloris, Tripps , Toby, Vert , Davies, Sissoko, Victor, Rose, Eriksen, Alli, Son. 4 , 3, 3. Rose protects but can get forward and create havoc. Sissoko protects the right when Tripps gets forward but also a threat on the break. Eriksen moved forward slightly where he is better.

Moura can come on second half if Alli does start. Lucas with fresh legs to put them to the sword. Eriksen , Alli and Son up top switching positions across the pitch to disrupt their defence.

Aurier out ( who is a better defender than Tripps), Dier out, Winks out, Wanyama not sharp, Alli hampered if he plays, Kane out, Llorente marginal and Lamela not match sharp or possibly not fit. Eriksen not his best. Do we have a right to think we can pull this off ?

For me it's all about CL for next season.

I think we will get beat easily tonight. If we put up a fight then I'll be happy with that.

I have nothing but huge disappointment with Fernandinho, the ref and the video ref for not dealing with that incident. If we go out, I will always remember that as the defining moment in this tie as we could have pressed home an advantage 10 versus 11 and the rest be academic. Fernandinho would also be on a ban. Very frustrating that football can't deal with these things either in the moment or retrospectively, just like the couple of incidences with Valencia, VAR and Anthony Taylor last season in the FA Cup.

Prior generations of footballers would be thinking that if Spurs do get turned over tonight then the only way Fernandinho leaves the field is on that stretcher. You used to have to think twice before being a coward on a football pitch.

Hopefully that won't happen and we'll win the orthodox way.

I have nothing but huge disappointment with Fernandinho, the ref and the video ref for not dealing with that incident. If we go out, I will always remember that as the defining moment in this tie as we could have pressed home an advantage 10 versus 11 and the rest be academic. Fernandinho would also be on a ban. Very frustrating that football can't deal with these things either in the moment or retrospectively, just like the couple of incidences with Valencia, VAR and Anthony Taylor last season in the FA Cup.

Prior generations of footballers would be thinking that if Spurs do get turned over tonight then the only way Fernandinho leaves the field is on that stretcher. You used to have to think twice before being a coward on a football pitch.

Hopefully that won't happen and we'll win the orthodox way.
And yet the FA managed to do Gomes for his stamp on Mitrovic so guess what he misses the game against United(a team going for a top four spot with us) and returns fresh to play against...Spurs! That sound is God laughing at us.

And yet the FA managed to do Gomes for his stamp on Mitrovic so guess what he misses the game against United(a team going for a top four spot with us) and returns fresh to play against...Spurs! That sound is God laughing at us.
He laughs at everyone...or at least he would if he was real.

Same, we have Eriksen and Dele swamping the midfield with Sissoko and Wanyama. Pace of Moura and Son further forward. Resisted the temptation to play 3 at the back with Sanchez or throw Llorente up top. Bit of a shame we didn't get Lamela fit enough to be on the bench. He can be a decent sub at times.

Same, we have Eriksen and Dele swamping the midfield with Sissoko and Wanyama. Pace of Moura and Son further forward. Resisted the temptation to play 3 at the back with Sanchez or throw Llorente up top. Bit of a shame we didn't get Lamela fit enough to be on the bench. He can be a decent sub at times.

Take that back. Lamela is on the bench :-)

I suppose the only real option tonight was a back 4 or back 5, the team is as good as we've got.
Come on then lads make yourselves heroes !

19:02
TEAM NEWS
Our team news is in for tonight's huge game...
Starting XI: Lloris (c), Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Wanyama, Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele, Lucas, Son.
Substitutes: Gazzaniga, Walker-Peters, Foyth, Sanchez, Davies, Skipp, Llorente.

City will have to go for three goals..... they won't take the risk that we will score. We are going to get chances tonight....

We will score one early, make them chase 3 goals all game long, and then slot the finisher around the 80th minute, putting them to death.