How Is Everyone. | Page 2 | Vital Football

How Is Everyone.

Thanks BB. We Are well and feeling like we shouldn't be indoors quite so much but we know the consequences if we do not follow the advice. Not only to us but anyone we came in contact with.

Mrs Rex is getting a bunch of pillowcases delivered tomorrow, which she is going to convert into drawstring bags (I'm being roped in to thread the string).

The staff at the N&N are told to remove their work clothes and place them in a bag to take home and wash (I think that's how it will work); they have a shower and change into civvies to go home.

It will be interesting to see how many she will need to do. Any guesses?:grinning:

Steve and family in Oz....keep well.

Thanks BB you and yours too and all our Vital crew
Update from down under.
Now in the 11th day of self -isolation due to age and governments requirement not to leave home except for essentials which have been specified, mind you the beach walkways are as busy as Piccadilly Circus on a normal day and 1.5 metres spacial distance is a joke as the paths ain't all that wide plus sweaty runners passing by.
Thought I'd be able to nip out on the boat when cabin fever hit for a spot of fishing for food, exercise and well being for the soul in clear air on the open sea as we're never close to others but the dear authorities have a mixed opinion on that - maritime says its OK so long as only 2 (or family) and stay 1.5 m apart (bit difficult at the back of the boat fishing when the bait boards at the back in the middle and the boat aint 3 metres wide plus body widths). Police says it "not an essential service" although it is to me for sanity and I'd like to have that argument with them but I'd know I'd lose, so that's that shot.
Got our first on-line grocery order delivered, waited two days for it, no roast joint. No Shredded Wheat either, they had the audacity to replace it with another box of rabbit food and bird seed cereal which Mrs S likes. The nearest I get to a eating like bird is being a CR Canary.
Due for a haircut next week, cancelled that and told my hairdresser to expect an unkempt yak after this is all over.
Autumn here and weather is still on the hot side and we've been told we going to have above average temps for winter.
Found the first issue with staying home, put on 5 kgs already, might end up being be a plum pudding unkempt yak!!!

Day 9 of the lock down and everything sort of ok.
Mrs DG still working at N and N and out of house between 7.15 and 6.15
every day, Miss DG Junior working long hours here as the London based company she works for is quite busy and I am busier than ever with about 35 projects on the go so no change for me except walking every day.
Missing football, cricket and pubs.

Last edited:
Still ok here ! Had a bit of luck with on line shopping .....got one of those Morrrisons Food boxes coming on Tuesday and actually got a slot with Tesco for a shop . Only trouble is the first delivery slot is 21st April and I had to stay up until 2 am so I could get on the Tesco site !! Got all we need for week from our local shop which was well stocked . Can stay well out of the way now !

Fine thanks Tuckster.
We are fortunate as all working and appear to be healthy.

Walking for exercise and not climbing the walls as yet.

Hope all vital friends and their families are doing well.

Mrs Rex handed over the first batch of bags; sixty-odd. The nurse who picked them up is from maternity, which is blue zone apparently, not covid-19. If anyone goes into yellow zone they have to change and shower. Mrs DG will know all about that.

Mrs R is now working on a second batch. Apparently there are quite a few people around the county doing these. Yjey probably need thousands.

I managed the fix the pump in the pond. :grinning:

Great positive posts folks. Happy all are relatively well and functioning as best we all can...I have had to go to the next level which is termed "Shielding" its very hard, I have to keep 2 mtrs away from my wife and son, separate toilets and bathroom (What would you do with only one?) not in kitchen with anyone else, separate towels etc...Not allowed outside of house/garden perimeter for any reason!! the list is severe!

Wife done a click and collect from Tesco last Thursday, which was about ok all the substitutions they make are laughable however.....Our Medicines were supposed to have been delivered last Thursday...Today of course being a bank Holiday its still not gonna happen, J Hoots Pharmacy are in for a rollicking tomorrow I promise.

The weather has been a blessing in disguise, that's of course if like me you have gardens to enjoy it in, outside now here on the Norfolk East Coast its raining and windy just before 0500.....All Change it seems.

The dog is so restless, he's used to plenty of walks off the lead, wife now takes him out on the lead..he aint happy bless him...Pic tells a story yesterday!

All keep safe out there, we will come through this, stay positive as best you all can, footie will return..When? is anyones guess.

Attachments

• Sherm (2).JPG
    Sherm (2).JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 5
FFL. Those restrictions sound very difficult. How long have you got to do that ?
It makes the standard restrictions look relatively easy as getting out of the house for long walks is a real bonus.

It seems to me that shielded people should not relax those measures until they have had the vaccine. Certainly we are making plans based on that assumption.

While the idea od Herd Immunity is fine for those who may have had some exposure, the most vulnerable will mostly have had no exposure and would still be at most risk if contracting the virus.

Keep well and safe FFL. These measures are a relatively short period in a lifetime and think of the parties we will have when this is over. :party::party:

FFL. Those restrictions sound very difficult. How long have you got to do that ?
It makes the standard restrictions look relatively easy as getting out of the house for long walks is a real bonus.

I all honesty I have no idea, advice is all from the Government, I have to do a daily COVID-19 health report also...Just checked the last letter...12 WEEKS.

It seems to me that shielded people should not relax those measures until they have had the vaccine. Certainly we are making plans based on that assumption.

While the idea od Herd Immunity is fine for those who may have had some exposure, the most vulnerable will mostly have had no exposure and would still be at most risk if contracting the virus.

Keep well and safe FFL. These measures are a relatively short period in a lifetime and think of the parties we will have when this is over. :party::party:

Indeed it is, as for the after party, it will be huge, let us make sure we're all present!!

Reactions: Rex
Glad to hear that everyone is bearing up ok . So sorry to read about your ‘shielding’ FFL .... that sounds really difficult and I pray you and your family come through it all OK . It certainly sounds difficult but will be worth it for you .

We are doing ok , but are seeing no-one . tensions seem to rising here with accusations flying about concerning social distancing . I have had a dose of that my self making for a unpleasant atmosphere here , so it’s best to keep out of the way of anyone and stay in .

I’m still having to go out to work and shopping at the supermarket, while rest of family are all at home. Doesn’t make me feel great as if anyone is going to bring the virus home, it will be me!
I hate food shopping at the best of times but at the moment it is bloody awful, like something out of a disaster movie. I haven’t even looked at on-line delivery as I am capable of going to the store, like the companies have requested, but I work with people who are panicked senseless and one woman in her 30‘s I work with is refusing to go to the Supermarket, selfishly taking a slot that could be used by someone vulnerable - tensions are fraying a little...
Other than that, we are all healthy in the Tuckster household and doing okay.

Glad to hear that Tuckster family are all well.
I am working my usual very long hours and walking to my sites in City.
Mrs DG is at N and N nearly every day so still seeing colleagues.
Its Miss DG who is starting to struggle as missing friends and colleagues and although working hard in my office does not have any chance to get away from us apart from early morning run ( 5 km from scratch in 3 weeks ).
It is total change of life for her away from London whilst we are almost in same pattern of life.

Main thing is we all appear to be well.

We are still doing ok but like everyone else missing everything that makes human life ...like football , cinema, theatres , days out , eating out, holidays and the rest of it . I am grateful for what we have got...our health , food , and a little garden to sit in , regular income and each other . There are many here in the complex where I live that have none of those things and I grieve for their isolation and loneliness