How Is Everyone. | Vital Football

How Is Everyone.

fanforlife

Alert Team
Obviously very quiet on the football front and for the foreseeable future it would seem.

I thought I would start a thread to see how everyone and their families at Vital Norwich are holding up, and to air any problems or ask for any advice.

I myself am on lockdown as I suffer from COPD so am high risk of becoming seriously ill and hospitalised should I contact the Virus, my son is home from Uni, my wife who teaches is also at home, our house is large with gardens so plenty of room for us three, also plus the Mastiff.

Does anyone think they might have had the Virus and recovered from it?
We are convinced myself and family have had it in late January early February.
Myself and son were not too bad and recovered after about 7-days (Sore throat bad chest) my wife however was so very sick, the cough, fatigue, high Temp and fever, took 3 weeks before she was on the mend, saw Doctor 3 times and hospital for tests X-rays etc, she didn't move off the sofa for 7days, no food but drinking plenty, 3 courses of antibiotics and Steroids did nothing...Now back to normal albeit chest still achy at times as is mine!!

We’re generally ok, FFL. I’m designated a “key worker” so have to keep going from work as no option to home work.
The eldest is back home from Uni and the youngest (14) is doing his school work remotely via laptop.
Mrs T has an underlying heart condition but is able to do her job from home. It worries me that I still have to go out and about and that I could bring CV home to the missus.
She has been hospitalised 6 or 7 times in the last decade, so I’m nervous.
Did a Morrison’s click & collect shop last night. Got there at 5.30 for my 6-8pm slot but was told I had to wait, which is fair enough, despite nobody else being there ahead of me.
6pm came and went. They have a system where they email you when your groceries are ready but I got nothing on my phone (first time I’ve used this). Got to 6.30 and no reply on customer service line so had to go into the store and ask. Got told “it’ll be 10 minutes, they’re getting it ready now.”
Finally got email at 6.45pm. Replied that I was there by clicking link and they finally came out at 6.55pm!
I know everyone is busy but if you’ve got a 6-8pm slot, that makes me think it’ll be ready at 6?!
Then discovered there were loads of things missing - no bread etc.
On the plus side there was no general queue at the store but I was so tired (been at work since 7am) and hungry that I just wanted to go home.
Life in the time of CV...

I recall you posting that Mrs FFL was very ill and you were staying at home with her instead of going to the games which of course is the right thing to do.
I am pleased that you have all recovered and hope it makes you safe from
catching the virus now.

Tuckster, as a key worker I hope that you can do your job and be safe, especially as Mrs T must keep clear of the virus.

It appears that so many people have a high risk person in the family and when it is so important to keep the virus clear of them, it is astonishing to hear some of the reports of people ignoring basic rules.
I can only hope that these are rare stories hunted out by the increasingly annoying media who continue to criticise people who are doing their very best for the country. It is time to pull together.

As for the DG 's. Mrs DG is a key worker who reports to me the tension among surgeons and staff who are just waiting for something to happen in the next few weeks whilst UK and Norfolk in particular catches up with other countries we appear to be following in terms of numbers.
Miss DG senior is on the 12 week list due to a condition and we will not see her for a long time although only living a few minutes walk away.
Miss DG junior lives and works in London and has returned home to work
hard and keep in touch with all colleagues working in their homes via video calls and e mailing designs.
As for me I have a slight heart condition but work from home anyway so it does not feel too weird at the moment. It is getting more strange each day.

We walked to m and s in city today and did a shop at 8 am ( NHS priority )
as Mrs DG is actually taking a days leave and not working it as last week.
The store was fully stocked and only a few people allowed in so was very pleasant. As always we just buy enough for a week and no hoarding.
They handed over a bunch of flowers to Mrs DG as we walked out.
A simple gesture but makes you feel so good.

3 great stories to read and I pray you and your families keep well and that we all come through this difficult time .

Old YB and Mrs YB are doing ok so far . We are staying in as much as we can but have no family whatsoever in Norwich to help us , and being under 70 can’t go priority shopping or get an on line shop despite us both being a hell of lot nearer to 70 than to 60 . We managed to get enough food to keep us going for two and maybe 3 weeks . We are doing exercises at home and just hoping we don’t become ill as we can’t self isolate as we have a one bed flat .
I was very ill over Christmas and new year after we returned from a cruise . The doctor said I had picked up a severe bug that had damaged my stomach lining , but I don’t think it was CV , but I have a suspicion it was not Covid19 but some form of coronavirus . All cruise lines are very wary of these viruses that can spread like wildfire on a ship and the cleanliness regimes we see in operation have been in place on ships for many years .

As I said in another post there are many residents here who are facing all this isolation and worry alone and with no -one to talk to and I wonder how they are getting on . Hopefully if we all stick to the rules , things will soon start to get better

As mentioned before if anyone is really struggling for supplies or just want a chat then reach out on here and I’m sure whoever is nearest will do their best to help.
The forum is a good way to keep in contact with the outside world, even if we’re not talking about football, which seems to get less important by the day...

On a positive note, I noticed yesterday whilst at work, that there were only small, quick moving queues at supermarkets, who are operating reduced number systems so that things are comfortable, in the afternoons.
the world and his wife seem to be going shopping early

I don't think many on here are near me, YB & DG are closest I believe, but anything I can do just shout.

One other thing, I hate to be the bearer of false news but I believe this is genuine as of TODAY.

Michael King
1 hr ·
Please Pay Attention...I do not wish to pass on false information, I found this from a hospital NHS Employee.
As of today, do not leave home for bread in fact for anything! Because the worst begins tomorrow as the incubation date is met and many people that are positive with the virus start to peak!! It’s at this time other people are most vulnerable! so it is very important to stay home and not to be in contact with anybody, even members of your family if possible!! Being very careful is very important and very crucial at this time!!
As from tomorrow, we are going to see the start of the peak of those that are positive, then there will be two weeks of calm and then two weeks where it decreases.
What happened in Italy is that they neglected the contagion period and that is why all the cases turned out together and so badly, plus they didn’t know what they were dealing with!!!
And finally, please do not receive visits from anyone, not even from the same family. This is all for the good of all.
WE WILL BE IN THE MAXIMUM STAGE OF INFECTION.
* DO NOT HOLD ON TO THIS MESSAGE, PASS IT ON TO ALL YOUR CONTACTS *

Glad everyone seems to be coping so far. Mrs Rex and I are doing well at the moment. We have managed to get supplies although we have needed to react swiftly when a c&c delivery was available. There has been a bit of a delay processing medication but I still have adequate supplies.
Many of my family had the infection in January/February; whether it was Covid-19 I am not sure not many of us had the cough or breathing difficulties.
A big indication that it was Not cv is that there was no increase in deaths beyond that expected for the time of year.
Keep well everyone.

It's really weird on a number of fronts. The first one that hit me was when I rang the UK and we are all in the same boat doing the same thing for the same reason. Another is trying to get your head around being totally in the house for possibly 6 months and then there's not seeing family, which worries Mrs S more than me as mine are spread all over the world and I dont see them regularly anyway. My boats started to moan cus it wants to get its keel wet and have a run so I hosed it!!
Mrs S and myself are OK so far. We've taken the decision not to leave the house for the forseeable future. I'm nearly 70 and diabetic so am considered in the high risk area. The government have now all but told us stay home.
For the first time ever we logged onto Woolies On-LIne and ordered our groceries. Took longer than going down to get them and the choices didnt have their whole stock so some standard staples we're having to adapt. Wanted a roast for Sunday but they wont deliver it till Monday!!!! Hard to get used to not getting it on tap. Certainly a learning curve. Bought enough for 3 weeks, though I suspect we'll need milk and bread before then becuase of the 2 per customer limit restrictions. Cost of delivery more than the order!!!
My youngest daughter is a manager of a retail clothes shop and they closed today until its all over.
My eldest daughter was put off two weeks before this all started for reasons other than Covid19, now that company has sacked 4 more.
Mrs S has put her extensive Afican Violet collection partially into hibernation, same system we did when we came over to the UK for mums funeral.
The UK restrictions are about a week in front of ours. Half an hour ago we were reduced to maximum 2 persons together. Now waiting on the equivalent of your governements commercial help to be released.
I dont have any work at present, mind you, I did get a request last week and had a problem not feeling grumpy at having my Covid19 interlude interrupted cus my mindset had totally shifted away from work!!!!
Keep well Vital family.

Interesting to hear how things are in Australia, Steve. We’re all about to receive a letter from Boris telling us it’s going to get worse before it gets better apparently.
Stay healthy

Interesting to hear how things are in Australia, Steve. We’re all about to receive a letter from Boris telling us it’s going to get worse before it gets better apparently.
Stay healthy

Thats true. £ 5.8 million to send out 30 million copies of a letter already available
on internet and I have read it. Same info as we already have.
Only required to be issued to people without internet.
That money would buy a lot of medial equipment.

Stay healthy

Thanks Tucks - We've got to download an app and somethng else apparently and tell them something if we're home - aint figured that out yet!!!!

Obviously very quiet on the football front and for the foreseeable future it would seem.

I thought I would start a thread to see how everyone and their families at Vital Norwich are holding up, and to air any problems or ask for any advice.

I myself am on lockdown as I suffer from COPD so am high risk of becoming seriously ill and hospitalised should I contact the Virus, my son is home from Uni, my wife who teaches is also at home, our house is large with gardens so plenty of room for us three, also plus the Mastiff.

Does anyone think they might have had the Virus and recovered from it?
We are convinced myself and family have had it in late January early February.
Myself and son were not too bad and recovered after about 7-days (Sore throat bad chest) my wife however was so very sick, the cough, fatigue, high Temp and fever, took 3 weeks before she was on the mend, saw Doctor 3 times and hospital for tests X-rays etc, she didn't move off the sofa for 7days, no food but drinking plenty, 3 courses of antibiotics and Steroids did nothing...Now back to normal albeit chest still achy at times as is mine!!

I hope you and yours make it through ok.

There was a report in the Financial Times on the 24th March 2020 about a study by Oxford University.

The study (led by Professor Sunetra Gupta) concludes that the virus MAY have already gone through half the UK population with mild or no effects.

However there was a letter by Tim Colbourn and others that I believe may give a different opinion (I haven't read it yet).

I think we need alot more testing (when the tests are ready) especially to understand who already has had it (they have the antibodies).

Interestingly I was talking a week or so ago to a Portuguese man living in Norwich with his family, who thought he, his wife and young child may have had it earlier this year.

Did you loose your ability to smell for a period of time?

Last edited:
We’re generally ok, FFL. I’m designated a “key worker” so have to keep going from work as no option to home work.
The eldest is back home from Uni and the youngest (14) is doing his school work remotely via laptop.
Mrs T has an underlying heart condition but is able to do her job from home. It worries me that I still have to go out and about and that I could bring CV home to the missus.
She has been hospitalised 6 or 7 times in the last decade, so I’m nervous.
Did a Morrison’s click & collect shop last night. Got there at 5.30 for my 6-8pm slot but was told I had to wait, which is fair enough, despite nobody else being there ahead of me.
6pm came and went. They have a system where they email you when your groceries are ready but I got nothing on my phone (first time I’ve used this). Got to 6.30 and no reply on customer service line so had to go into the store and ask. Got told “it’ll be 10 minutes, they’re getting it ready now.”
Finally got email at 6.45pm. Replied that I was there by clicking link and they finally came out at 6.55pm!
I know everyone is busy but if you’ve got a 6-8pm slot, that makes me think it’ll be ready at 6?!
Then discovered there were loads of things missing - no bread etc.
On the plus side there was no general queue at the store but I was so tired (been at work since 7am) and hungry that I just wanted to go home.
Life in the time of CV...

May be they didnt have your box / crate close to hand so had to hand out the others first in order to get to yours.

Keep well and like FFL I hope you and yours make it too.

I recall you posting that Mrs FFL was very ill and you were staying at home with her instead of going to the games which of course is the right thing to do.
I am pleased that you have all recovered and hope it makes you safe from
catching the virus now.

Tuckster, as a key worker I hope that you can do your job and be safe, especially as Mrs T must keep clear of the virus.

It appears that so many people have a high risk person in the family and when it is so important to keep the virus clear of them, it is astonishing to hear some of the reports of people ignoring basic rules.
I can only hope that these are rare stories hunted out by the increasingly annoying media who continue to criticise people who are doing their very best for the country. It is time to pull together.

As for the DG 's. Mrs DG is a key worker who reports to me the tension among surgeons and staff who are just waiting for something to happen in the next few weeks whilst UK and Norfolk in particular catches up with other countries we appear to be following in terms of numbers.
Miss DG senior is on the 12 week list due to a condition and we will not see her for a long time although only living a few minutes walk away.
Miss DG junior lives and works in London and has returned home to work
hard and keep in touch with all colleagues working in their homes via video calls and e mailing designs.
As for me I have a slight heart condition but work from home anyway so it does not feel too weird at the moment. It is getting more strange each day.

We walked to m and s in city today and did a shop at 8 am ( NHS priority )
as Mrs DG is actually taking a days leave and not working it as last week.
The store was fully stocked and only a few people allowed in so was very pleasant. As always we just buy enough for a week and no hoarding.
They handed over a bunch of flowers to Mrs DG as we walked out.
A simple gesture but makes you feel so good.

Again, keep well DG and family.

Morrisons near the football ground are trying for NHS workers by having an hour (7am to 8am Mon - Sat) but I dont know if its early enough! They open at 8am for the general public.

Many of my family had the infection in January/February; whether it was Covid-19 I am not sure not many of us had the cough or breathing difficulties.
A big indication that it was Not cv is that there was no increase in deaths beyond that expected for the time of year.
Keep well everyone.

Rex and family, keep well.