Hope Villa sack her | Page 5 | Vital Football

Hope Villa sack her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not policing anything. I'm just stating my opinion. As you say it's a forum where we debate and discuss. I don't think there was anything racist about the opinions stated about Aluko. I'm criticising her and so are others. It's perfectly legitimate. When you come on with the anti pc stuff and the disenfranchised white guy story you become the ying to the pc yang. The forum is about the behaviour of one person and whether she should be an employee at Villa or not. Trying to marry it with racism issues doesn't help clarify the matter. Note the fact that Aluko herself said she was subject to abuse. If she hadn't been we would be better able to stick to the facts which is that her behaviour has been highly questionable.

Again. The question was raised by someone else not me. I tried to answer. The question married it to racism. I tried to answer. Whether you think its relevant on this topic or not the main thrust of my post was to make a point about wider society and that a teenage boy with no influence from within the home and on experiences he is having out in society feels disenfranchised. I think that is rather sad and as I said his generation should be leading the way as being enlightened to equality and tolerance . Clearly things have gone to far one way and the messages has been lost to the likes of him.

The topic within the thread was widened out and actually I don't think strays to randomly away at all.

Last edited:
She criticised those on furlough as lazy so of course she’s going to get some abuse. If you read my previous comments I said I don’t condone it but it’s hardly a surprise, I don’t have twitter but that seems to be fairly normal/regular on there. But she’s gone from being villain the other day to now playing victim and probably using it to help repair her own damage.

In her defence (and I know you’re not suggesting this isn’t the case), she is now much more a more victim than villain if what she said happened, happened. Grossly unfair to target her family too.

What she said did get me at the start, and I posted my thoughts. Have to say I’m over it now and couldn’t care less about it, she’s learned the hard way. We’ve all posted or put things on social media hastily and regret it, I guess that’s the beauty of this forum is we can speak our mind behind a username rather than upsetting our 300 connections on social media.

Last edited:
She has to realise she has insulted 7.5 million people and their families she will get abuse even if she was white or a bloke or whatever. I get called a fat old git because I am one . Like you say keep off twitter is the easy thing to do not use it as a tool to gain sympathy

57, VillaTom, you just don't get it. She didn't ask to be racial abused. Racial abuse, along with other similar abuse, is WRONG. This is 2020 FFS. We are trying to get rid of that. At least, some of us are. "Pull the race card" ignores the abuse and heaps blame on her for mentioning it. That is WRONG. It is worse than what she said about furloughing.

57, VillaTom, you just don't get it. She didn't ask to be racial abused. Racial abuse, along with other similar abuse, is WRONG. This is 2020 FFS. We are trying to get rid of that. At least, some of us are. "Pull the race card" ignores the abuse and heaps blame on her for mentioning it. That is WRONG. It is worse than what she said about furloughing.

I fully get it mate but it's she's insulted 7,5 million working people and out of those a tiny few have picked on her colour the rest just think shes a twat but she's highlighted the " poor me they've added the word "black" in front of the word twat then used it as a get out of jail free card.
I take it that most of the abuse was for what she said not because she's black.
I imagine Katie Hopkins gets loads of abuse from black people but she doesn't play the race card

You’ve not read what I’ve said, I do get it. As a furloughed member of society I didn’t choose to be the subject of her own abuse either, I didn’t choose to be furloughed as much as she doesn’t choose to be black. I’ll say it again just to be clear... She took a swipe at the working class and the millions of people who’ve been furloughed and because she’s on twitter (No one makes her use Twitter by the way) where she opened her mouth in the first place, in this day and age she’s going to get some abuse back as seems to be the norm on that thing. Doesn’t make it right but it happens, simple solution... get off Twitter, but then of course she won’t be in the limelight where she obviously loves to be. So she’s gonna have to weigh it up, take the abuse that comes with twitter or remove herself from that toxic environment. For me it’s a PR exercise to help cover up her comments the other day and go from villain to victim.

Last edited:
I think at the end of the day it comes down to if you want to say something you know is contentious, be it on Twitter or on here then expect a bit of flack coming back your way.
Either be big enough to take it, or keep your trap shut in the first place.

Agreed, racism is vile. Horrible. Disgusting. No excuses. It weakens the position of those trying to state their upset at her comments for a start.

Equally, what she said was vile. That doesn't mean two wrongs make a right, and that she should be racially abused. But it also doesn't mean she should have expressed such insulting and ignorant views.

This is social media, it isn't as 'controlled' as decent forums like this. Twitter especially, will allow any amount of hatred and bile, as long as they get a profit from it. She must have known what her comments would do, as it brings out the very lowest common denominator in society.

I have to say, after her comments, again, in NO WAY does that = I think she should be racially abused - she is one of the lowest common denominators, no better than the likes of Katie Hopkins spewing bile to get attention.

Maybe this one could read my book then ring me and explain her thoughts on furlough.

They were bloody insulting at a really bad time for people.

(Not been back on twitter, not seen any of the abuse going her way, and if people are attacking her family on there then they really are a special kind of stupid) I do dislike twitter and the one nice thing in my life re-evaluation, is taking a massive step back from the place.

People will make racial comments as they know those comments will hurt her more than any other.
I don't agree with making such comments but I can understand why some people do.
The comments she made about furlough got to me and I hope in the future I bump into her so I can tell her exactly what I think.
Race won't come into it.

Not the right approach that, as said, puts them down as just as bile ridden in that case.

Meh, the whole celebrity knows best culture drives me bonkers, even people famous for just being famous seem to be looked at as modern day sages, instead of the jumped up twerps they are, like the footballers (and politicians) given advice to us all as to what we should do, and then doing the opposite. Just shut up!

Not the right approach that, as said, puts them down as just as bile ridden in that case.

Meh, the whole celebrity knows best culture drives me bonkers, even people famous for just being famous seem to be looked at as modern day sages, instead of the jumped up twerps they are, like the footballers (and politicians) given advice to us all as to what we should do, and then doing the opposite. Just shut up!

I agree, but some people will look at getting to her as much as they can.

There are a lot of people out there struggling like crazy due to furlough.

No one can be criticised without it being a slur on their race, colour, sex, sexuality, religion etc etc.

Sorry but that's just a load of old bollocks. This forum doesn't hold that view and neither do any right minded people. It's just bullshit invented by a bunch of neo Nazis somewhere trying to stir up things.

Yeah, I think the topic is swaying beyond where it needs to go now.

She was wrong. It wasn't a nice way to communicate and it is a great shame Aston Villa had to be put through more bad press, or bad press by association.

However, nothing excuses racism fired at her or her family. (The family bit especially baffles me, my opinions are mine, if I get it wrong, I expect flack, but my mom, dad, brother etc would be nothing to do with it!)

I checked the calendar, it is 2020, not 1970 or indeed, the 1800's.

I keep waiting for mankind to wake up, grow up, and become nice.

I think I'll be waiting a while!

And on that note, time to lock the thread I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.