Hope Villa sack her | Page 4 | Vital Football

Hope Villa sack her

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather us not plough too much resource into the women's team and it's operations, my preference would be for that to go into the men's side which is frankly infinitely more important and hardly in a good state.

I'd rather us not plough too much resource into the women's team and it's operations, my preference would be for that to go into the men's side which is frankly infinitely more important and hardly in a good state.

The ladies side probably get a year what most of the men's side make in a week. I'm not at all saying they should have wage parity but its not going to take any real investment out of the first team.

I'm of the opinion that most big clubs have a woman's team. This is the only area that blues have been superior to us in and one summer of any kind of investment has pretty much reversed that state of affairs. They are going down we're going up. Presumably when we're up the investment will increase again but it will still be chicken feed compared to anything we'll be spending on the men.

And that is life in 2020 England in a nutshell ( i say England as we now are not a United Kingdom it would appear from events in the last week).

No one can be criticised without it being a slur on their race, colour, sex, sexuality, religion etc etc.
You say a stupid thing. It's stupid. Doesn't matter who you are or what you look like or how you choose to live your life.

The huge irony being is that the pc, liberal do gooder brigade have complete done their own legs with their constant slamming of people who dare criticise a minority.

Junior 1. A 17 yr old lad in 2020 England should be at the forefront of modern tolerance, modern thinking and acceptance. Well he isn't. He is exasperated with being told to think this, to accept that to behave in a certain way, to step aside and make allowance. In his own words . He feels like he is the one being punished for being a white english male. And 100 per cent this has not come from me. Not once have I had an any conversation about this prior to me knowing his feelings. The way he feels is coming from what he has to deal with at school and what he sees and reads in the media.
MC Pearland asks a question ( not sure why) and that seems to encourage talk of you can't say this that and the other because of politics. This thread is one of criticism of one person on the basis of what they said. And that's it. It's a sorry state when comments are made and others come on trying to politicise it.

At least this is a well thought out response in a way neither her original comments OR initial reaction was.

If she shows she's learnt from posting without clarity and proper reference, I'll be happy to believe her and move on as simply a fuck up we all make online.

You have to click the Tweet for the full comments as it's a thread.

At least this is a well thought out response in a way neither her original comments OR initial reaction was.

If she shows she's learnt from posting without clarity and proper reference, I'll be happy to believe her and move on as simply a fuck up we all make online.

You have to click the Tweet for the full comments as it's a thread.

Could you screenshot and post, I don’t have twitter and she’s still private so it doesn’t show in the browser.

I’ve only just clocked the other tweet, I bet she didn’t stop playing football when people were dying across the world daily either 🤦🏻‍♂️ For someone who grew up in a working class area and went to regular state schools (And a regular 6th form college) some of those replies the other day are just daft, she really doesn’t have a clue. Not condoning the subsequent racism but it’s hardly a surprise is it.

Last edited:
Whilst she shouldn't be receiving abuse she did not respond properly initially and now says that what she originally said was ok but it might have been written in a hurry. Rather vapid. It doesn't really help. Why didn't she say this in her first set of excuses and apology? Didn't she realize what she said when she first apologised? Still more questions than answers in my book.

She insults millions of people and then plays the race card again.

What else did she expect.

I'm not condoning it but trouble seems to follow her and her stupid gob.

Just get rid Villa.

Lot better than what she said before. As it originally came across it was a daft thing to say. She shouldn't have said what she did and it's not what the club wanted to hear from an employee. But as I said before a lot worse has been said and done. Time to move on?

Actually, the situation is complex, and she didn't reflect that. If I'd been furloughed I'd have been tempted to see one plus as a chance to do some things I never seemed to have time for. But that is only one small aspect alongside a vile disease, and also worries about how things will be in future, including employment.

I’ve only just clocked the other tweet, I bet she didn’t stop playing football when people were dying across the world daily either 🤦🏻‍♂️ For someone who grew up in a working class area and went to regular state schools (And a regular 6th form college) some of those replies the other day are just daft, she really doesn’t a clue. Not condoning the subsequent racism but it’s hardly a surprise is it.
I went to public school and the statements would even be daft by our standards

Lot better than what she said before. As it originally came across it was a daft thing to say. She shouldn't have said what she did and it's not what the club wanted to hear from an employee. But as I said before a lot worse has been said and done. Time to move on?

Actually, the situation is complex, and she didn't reflect that. If I'd been furloughed I'd have been tempted to see one plus as a chance to do some things I never seemed to have time for. But that is only one small aspect alongside a vile disease, and also worries about how things will be in future, including employment.

But she did say it and probably still believes it.

Only apologising to save her job.

She insults millions of people and then plays the race card again.

What else did she expect.

I'm not condoning it but trouble seems to follow her and her stupid gob.

Just get rid Villa.

Certainly using the racism to deflect her own shortcomings.

MC Pearland asks a question ( not sure why) and that seems to encourage talk of you can't say this that and the other because of politics. This thread is one of criticism of one person on the basis of what they said. And that's it. It's a sorry state when comments are made and others come on trying to politicise it.

Why is it a sorry state exactly. It's a forum. We debate and discuss, amongst many other things .
Mcparland asked a very valid question which was very much a question that would induce a debate. I gave my opinion . Not with abuse or inflammatory language.Take it or leave it, don't care but it's not up to you to police the thread and if there was a problem with it being off topic or abusive then those with the responsibility will deal accordingly I'm sure .

Why is it a sorry state exactly. It's a forum. We debate and discuss, amongst many other things .
Mcparland asked a very valid question which was very much a question that would induce a debate. I gave my opinion . Not with abuse or inflammatory language.Take it or leave it, don't care but it's not up to you to police the thread and if there was a problem with it being off topic or abusive then those with the responsibility will deal accordingly I'm sure .
Not policing anything. I'm just stating my opinion. As you say it's a forum where we debate and discuss. I don't think there was anything racist about the opinions stated about Aluko. I'm criticising her and so are others. It's perfectly legitimate. When you come on with the anti pc stuff and the disenfranchised white guy story you become the ying to the pc yang. The forum is about the behaviour of one person and whether she should be an employee at Villa or not. Trying to marry it with racism issues doesn't help clarify the matter. Note the fact that Aluko herself said she was subject to abuse. If she hadn't been we would be better able to stick to the facts which is that her behaviour has been highly questionable.

Last edited:

It’s probably so immaterial that it doesn’t bother me, I wonder if over the years it’s had a halo effect on the number of women feeling more able and included to coming to VP and buying tickets or season tickets. I certainly think over the last 20 years of the years I can remember coming to VP, there is a higher female ratio.

Ultimately the men’s game will subsidise the women’s game to some degree, it just needs to be sensible. If it encourages just a couple of thousand women in north Birmingham to play and gives them something to aim for, the health benefits and enjoyment of that are fine by me.

The aspect of the women’s game I don’t buy is the “paid as much as the men” attitude. As the women’s game improves along with the revenues, they’ll get more money. If the women’s game overtakes the men’s game in terms of revenues they’ll get more.

On the Eluko thing, the comments were ridiculous in several ways but this needs to blow over and she needs to get some advice.

If she has received racist messages to her and her family then that is shameful. This is the problem in today’s world, if just a few people start sending racist abuse it then makes all criticism appear racist which is where we need to get an era where it doesn’t matter what background someone is from because it makes criticism of anyone seem racist. For that reason too, it needs to blow over with lessons learned.

Last edited:
Eh? If she and her family have been subject to racist abuse, are you saying she should just keep quiet about it, not bring it up? That the fault is with the abused not the abuser?

She criticised those on furlough as lazy so of course she’s going to get some abuse. If you read my previous comments I said I don’t condone it but it’s hardly a surprise, I don’t have twitter but that seems to be fairly normal/regular on there. But she’s gone from being villain the other day to now playing victim and probably using it to help repair her own damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.