Hope Villa sack her | Page 3 | Vital Football

Hope Villa sack her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aluko was definitely mentioned in the women’s football debate, I mentioned her myself. As I’ve said to Dan privately she’s a sound girl and she sure could play football (Better than most men), but sometimes I feel like the way people act on social media can really let them down and you end up with a negative, skewed opinion of them. You can say those things to your mates on WhatsApp but you don’t put it out on twitter unless you’re purposely trying to court attention and/or be controversial.

Last edited:
She replied to a tweet saying something along the lines of “when people in other parts of the world before the crisis, did we stop working?”

Reading between those lines, she’s having a dig at Brits because of issues in the rest of the world - I assume developing parts of the world - which me not turning up to work each day isn’t going to resolve. It’s a self-righteous attitude, I would love eliminate world poverty and wars as I have some morals, probably why I, like many people, do this thing where we donate some of our earnings to these good causes.

And I really like the fact she’s more an expert than even our questionable government on this issue. That’s fine Eni, let’s all go out and cross paths with each other and kill another 40k people. As a white male under 45, that’s quite selfish of me so I’m abiding the regulations, but hey if that’s what you want.

As for her being able to see through people’s walls, I am seeing a lot more people jogging (Including me) and cycling than I did before this, and Joe Wicks seems to be doing alright.

Don’t like her, she was appointed for PR purposes in this stupid era we are currently in. I didn’t comment when she was appointed, we probably all think we’re experts at spotting this but when she was appointed I thought “trouble”.

Last edited:
PR wise I meant in terms of the mens vs women part of our club, Eni being ex blues and high profile perhaps covered up for AVFC how far behind the blues we were with women’s football. I can’t help but be cynical about the intentions from the club, because they can hide behind them putting a fair wedge of money in to the women’s game by employing her to make the potential PR accusations go away.

Just to add, I’m all for us supporting the women’s game I’m not a 1950’s man. We have a lot of women and girls who come to VP every week and I think it’s great that and we should support it. If I had a daughter I’d want her to play football. I’m pretty cynical about modern day PC tactics for PR purposes I guess

She certainly ticks the mentioned boxes but I also think she’s probably pretty suited to the role due to her experience in the women’s game, not to mention being educated to a high level. But at the very least I’d like to see the club take some action for those stupid, badly worded and ill informed comments or will this be another thing they sweep under the carpet?

Yep she was a PR stunt ticks two boxes Black and Female , some fucking role model we have in her

Are some of the comments on here because she's Black and Female? She was appointed because she had good experience as a player and apart from this mishap probably has the ability to do the job. Most of us would agree that it was a misguided comment, but that's all it was. Maybe she'll learn from it. Maybe it's time to let this drop. She's not a twat going round potential affecting others because she thinks the rules don't apply to her.

Just to add, I’m all for us supporting the women’s game I’m not a 1950’s man. We have a lot of women and girls who come to VP every week and I think it’s great that and we should support it. If I had a daughter I’d want her to play football. I’m pretty cynical about modern day PC tactics for PR purposes I guess

Yes, I think that's how most here feel, but if you try to make a point that goes against the PC narrative, there are some that will shoot you down straight away and throw it all at you "misogynist!", "dinosaur!", "what year is this??!" etc.

Anyway, back on topic, never liked her

Yes, I think that's how most here feel, but if you try to make a point that goes against the PC narrative, there are some that will shoot you down straight away and throw it all at you "misogynist!", "dinosaur!", "what year is this??!" etc.

Anyway, back on topic, never liked her

Don't get why PC narrative keeps on getting dragged up. Is there any real reason to suppose the appointment was anything other than the club thinking she was a good candidate for the role?

Don't get why PC narrative keeps on getting dragged up. Is there any real reason to suppose the appointment was anything other than the club thinking she was a good candidate for the role?

I was talking more about opinions on women's football.

I wouldn't imagine her appointment was anything to do with PC, wasn't she one of the best female footballers?

To be honest I can't even remember what she was appointed as, I really couldn't care less.

Are some of the comments on here because she's Black and Female? She was appointed because she had good experience as a player and apart from this mishap probably has the ability to do the job. Most of us would agree that it was a misguided comment, but that's all it was. Maybe she'll learn from it. Maybe it's time to let this drop. She's not a twat going round potential affecting others because she thinks the rules don't apply to her.

Totally disagree, mate, she hasn't retracted what she said at all, so she clearly still believes her stupid comment

Are some of the comments on here because she's Black and Female?

I can 100% confirm not for me. Katie Hopkins is white (ok, still female) and her rent a gob right-wing nonsense I find abhorrent. Jack Grealish, white and male, he'd have been stripped of his captaincy for me.

It wasn't a mishap, it was an outrageously rude, insensitive and hateful thing to be saying and once again, the words Aston Villa, are dragged into idiotic actions from a member of our staff.

If she was a he, if he was black, white, yellow or bright blue, it would still be an absolutely hateful and ignorant thing to be saying.

Maybe she will learn from it, in as much as she's put her account to private and thinks deleting bile means it no longer counts. Sorry, it does. If you say it, you believe it, if you don't believe it, don't say it.

For me, not about the sex or colour, or indeed religion or sexual preferences, an idiot is an idiot.

I can 100% confirm not for me. Katie Hopkins is white (ok, still female) and her rent a gob right-wing nonsense I find abhorrent. Jack Grealish, white and male, he'd have been stripped of his captaincy for me.

It wasn't a mishap, it was an outrageously rude, insensitive and hateful thing to be saying and once again, the words Aston Villa, are dragged into idiotic actions from a member of our staff.

If she was a he, if he was black, white, yellow or bright blue, it would still be an absolutely hateful and ignorant thing to be saying.

Maybe she will learn from it, in as much as she's put her account to private and thinks deleting bile means it no longer counts. Sorry, it does. If you say it, you believe it, if you don't believe it, don't say it.

For me, not about the sex or colour, or indeed religion or sexual preferences, an idiot is an idiot.

Same here, colour doesn't come into it. If it had been a white male making those comments my reaction would have been no different.
Great phrase that, an idiot is an idiot.

Megan Rapinoe is the biggest twat in world football and she’s white. We just didn’t need someone so high profile in that role, it’s a stunt. I’d think the same if Brian Little was given that role for the women’s team.
I would be in favour of the qualified and high profile...why not? Villa have some catching up to do with women's football. I'm not sure what earns Rapinoe the title of twat.

Are some of the comments on here because she's Black and Female? .

And that is life in 2020 England in a nutshell ( i say England as we now are not a United Kingdom it would appear from events in the last week).

No one can be criticised without it being a slur on their race, colour, sex, sexuality, religion etc etc.
You say a stupid thing. It's stupid. Doesn't matter who you are or what you look like or how you choose to live your life.

The huge irony being is that the pc, liberal do gooder brigade have complete done their own legs with their constant slamming of people who dare criticise a minority.

Junior 1. A 17 yr old lad in 2020 England should be at the forefront of modern tolerance, modern thinking and acceptance. Well he isn't. He is exasperated with being told to think this, to accept that to behave in a certain way, to step aside and make allowance. In his own words . He feels like he is the one being punished for being a white english male. And 100 per cent this has not come from me. Not once have I had an any conversation about this prior to me knowing his feelings. The way he feels is coming from what he has to deal with at school and what he sees and reads in the media.

I’ve said already Aluko based on her experience in the women’s game, her high profile and her education to the point of being a qualified lawyer probably made her a standout candidate. Someone transitioning from playing to a different role also makes her inexperienced and possibly cheaper to employ. I also agree with above points of it being a great PR move for the club because of her profile and that’s she a black female, this is obviously a good look for the club. It’s a win win, she gets to gain experience with a big name club that are on the up in the women’s game and the club have a high profile name within the women’s game to boost the profile of the women’s side of the club.

If it weren’t for the current situation the women’s team were going up and the one thing blues had over us for many years was soon to be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.