Here we go! | Page 1596 | Vital Football

Here we go!

I'm exactly the demographic that should be voting Tory in terms of economic position.

But I wouldn't dream of doing so because for 13 years the Tories have raised taxes and cut wages at every turn.

Long before the pandemic
Taxes have had to rise because the financial crisis bail outs had to be paid for. Country has done ok compared to other big hitting European countries . The notion that Labour would have been different is fanciful.

Taxes have had to rise because the financial crisis bail outs had to be paid for. Country has done ok compared to other big hitting European countries . The notion that Labour would have been different is fanciful.

The country has not done ok.

Sunak would absolutely kill for the economic numbers coming out of America. We aren't getting anywhere close to that. And you are supporting Biden's opponent there.

As for Labour not being different, there is some merit to that. The Alistair Darling recovery plan worked so well that Osborn dropped austerity quietly in about 2012 and adopted almost verbatim the Darling economic strategy he had been slagging off during the election. It's what got us out of a triple dip recession

What frustrates me is the quality of our MP's both red and blue. The likes of Abbott and Rayner vs Mogg and Dorries etc. Labour's note on there being no money 2010, conservatives comments on brexit savings on eu payments. I think we needed austerity as hard as it was,.to get our spending under control. Look at May's horror budget, when the market loses confidence in an economy. Personally I don't know what the answer is, but don't like the idea.of borrowing more money. There is wastage in the whole system and budgets no matter what area it is in, seem to be ripped up from original costings eg. Project HS2, MOD, crossrail etc. Working in the private sector, this does frustrate me, as there does not seem to be the same due diligence procedures or accountability.
The NHS and education should be ring fenced, but not a blank cheque book. I think there are too may bureaucrats within this area. Let the nurses doctors and teachers get on with their jobs with the correct resources and limited interference only as and when required. It is not a one size fits all.
Anyway the red wine, is polished off, probably delete post in morning :-)

What frustrates me is the quality of our MP's both red and blue. The likes of Abbott and Rayner vs Mogg and Dorries etc. Labour's note on there being no money 2010, conservatives comments on brexit savings on eu payments. I think we needed austerity as hard as it was,.to get our spending under control. Look at May's horror budget, when the market loses confidence in an economy. Personally I don't know what the answer is, but don't like the idea.of borrowing more money. There is wastage in the whole system and budgets no matter what area it is in, seem to be ripped up from original costings eg. Project HS2, MOD, crossrail etc. Working in the private sector, this does frustrate me, as there does not seem to be the same due diligence procedures or accountability.
The NHS and education should be ring fenced, but not a blank cheque book. I think there are too may bureaucrats within this area. Let the nurses doctors and teachers get on with their jobs with the correct resources and limited interference only as and when required. It is not a one size fits all.
Anyway the red wine, is polished off, probably delete post in morning :-)
I can assure you dude that there is no blank check book for education! But I agree with the post and I'm not sure why you would want to delete it?

We have witnessed the fundamental weakness in democracy where it isn't being done well; extreme short term decisions and things only being done for political gain, not actually for the good of the country.

Rwanda for instance. Everyone knows it isn't going to make the slightest difference to small boat crossings. If the very real prospect of drowning in the channel isn't a deterrent then maybe one day being sent to Rwanda won't be. Sunak knows it, Braverman knows it, everyone knows it

But we are spending billions on it because the government thinks it will win then a few votes from a less educated and right wing demographic. My money and your money being thrown down the shitter for a few Tory votes

The tories scrapped Labours school rebuild plans and instead invested in derelict buildings for free schools and academies, which they paid over the odds for!

Here's a nice little article on how their austerity measures cost the country billions.

The country has not done ok.

Sunak would absolutely kill for the economic numbers coming out of America. We aren't getting anywhere close to that. And you are supporting Biden's opponent there.

As for Labour not being different, there is some merit to that. The Alistair Darling recovery plan worked so well that Osborn dropped austerity quietly in about 2012 and adopted almost verbatim the Darling economic strategy he had been slagging off during the election. It's what got us out of a triple dip recession
Darling and Brown contributed to a financial crisis in this country which would was worse than it should have been so much so they ran out of money which was confirmed by Byrne in his jokey no smoke without fire note

As for the American numbers, now I know you don’t know much about US economics . They are trillions of dollars in debt. They also have the benefit of being able to export inflation as they have the world’s reserve currency. Most jobs created are part time and they are constantly revising figures downwards. They have serious border issues too but that’s by the by.

Comparing to other European nations we have done just fine

Darling and Brown contributed to a financial crisis in this country which would was worse than it should have been so much so they ran out of money which was confirmed by Byrne in his jokey no smoke without fire note

As for the American numbers, now I know you don’t know much about US economics . They are trillions of dollars in debt. They also have the benefit of being able to export inflation as they have the world’s reserve currency. Most jobs created are part time and they are constantly revising figures downwards. They have serious border issues too but that’s by the by.

"Good luck, old cock... Sorry to leave it in such a mess."

Tories were demanding "less regulation, not more" at the time.