Here we go! | Page 78 | Vital Football

Here we go!

My wallet idiot. You might be too stupid to care about the economy and the consequences of this deal but those of us actually involved in business rather than DeFuqesq fantasises about their ' second homes' in France feel similarly.

I'll ask you a simple question, should we allow travellers from South Africa into the country given serious concerns over the mutation there?

that’s actually not true on any level..they are not far off a deal. Of course there was a presidential election and covid in the way..

What I said is in fact true.

This doesn't suggest a deal is remotely close: https://www.theguardian.com/politic...f-early-us-trade-deal-dashed-by-biden-warning

What has been signed is Customs Mutual Assistance Agreement (CMAA), which really means nothing. Trade talks are still being held with Liz Truss; the fact that Johnson isn't involved yet (because you can be 100% certain he will want the credit) tells you that nothing is as close as you suggest.

Donald Trump is a predator. Plain and simple. He doesn't have any particular aims other than disrupting and upsetting anything that isn't directly in his interests. He has no interest in America beyond how it can help him; he has no vision for American policy beyond what would help him get plaudits.

He needs to feel like he has won. That means, in any trade deal, he has to believe the other side lost.

You would have to be spectacularlu naive to treat Trump like a normal person. His Psychology is that of really extreme narcissism. If you imagine some great plan that is all you are doing; imagining.

No one has yet explained to me what benefits I can expect to get from a US trade deal either. I am not aware of anything from the US that I want that I can't already get.

And, as I said, looking at their trade objectives makes me even less keen to have anything to do with a country that I personally find quite terrifying in its general outlook; https://www.tjm.org.uk/trade-deals/a-uk-us-trade-deal

611,283 have now received a Covid-19 jab in the U.K. and we’re out the bumbling EU, which has zero inoculations administered to its citizens.

Great day for this Great nation and a great and deserved one for our Boris.

Biden said he wouldn’t do a deal with the uk unless we did a deal with the eu. Trump has been supportive of brexit and a deal between the us and the uk

Hence the reason i think covid has not had much effect. Threaten no deal to come back with a shit deal is bojos play here. Doing the deal while parliament isnt sitting helps him get away with it. If erg and labour stop the deal they cause no deal. Bojo wins whatever happens but the country will lose.

611,283 have now received a Covid-19 jab in the U.K. and we’re out the bumbling EU, which has zero inoculations administered to its citizens.

Great day for this Great nation and a great and deserved one for our Boris.
It's Thursday.

We had apparently done 500,000 by last Sunday.

That represents a significant slowdown- why is that? Even more concerning given that we are going to take even more time giving those 600k a second dose before giving any protection to wider groups

Imagine disliking your country so much that you actually wanted the EU to give us a bad deal?

It was inevitable, access to the market is a minimum requirement to stave off massive losses but no input on decision making now.

Tbh lets see how this all holds up cos atm this means little change. What happens when we want to diverge?

that’s actually not true on any level..they are not far off a deal. Of course there was a presidential election and covid in the way..

They, the Biden administration, are miles away from a deal; they have not even started to look at a deal.

You are confusing that with the recent decision to row back on Tariffs imposed during the Boeing dispute, which were stand alone directives.

No one knows if the arrangements being made with the remnants of the Trump administration will be incorporated into the new deal or not.

The only certainty is that whatever happens, Boris, or whoever his replacement is, will have to commit to honouring the terms of the Good Friday Agreement; Biden will not get any deal past his own Party never mind the House if that is not signed off.

It's Thursday.

We had apparently done 500,000 by last Sunday.

That represents a significant slowdown- why is that? Even more concerning given that we are going to take even more time giving those 600k a second dose before giving any protection to wider groups

It’s logistically testing, especially now (days before Xmas) people are requesting it after Xmas for illogical (but understandable)fears so the ones in hospitals are offering it to the wider over 80s communities, so that age group can request one now.
A lot of the admin staff have broken up for Xmas too.
It’s nothing to be concerned about.

Again, yes you do. Implicit bias resides within us all, it's very basic psychology.

I don’t recognise that. You maybe right on some higher plain that I’m just not on but I don’t look at people of different colours and stereotype. I look at the way they act and how they are...that’s all. Perhaps you’ve stereotyped me for being a brexiteer..

They, the Biden administration, are miles away from a deal; they have not even started to look at a deal.

You are confusing that with the recent decision to row back on Tariffs imposed during the Boeing dispute, which were stand alone directives.

No one knows if the arrangements being made with the remnants of the Trump administration will be incorporated into the new deal or not.

The only certainty is that whatever happens, Boris, or whoever his replacement is, will have to commit to honouring the terms of the Good Friday Agreement; Biden will not get any deal past his own Party never mind the House if that is not signed off.

presumably both the withdrawal agreement and the trade agreement have been designed with that in mind. Is the Eu putting a border up? Are we?

The only current administration in the US is the Trump administration. From what I have read, the deal is fairly well developed and being negotiated. Assuming Biden is inaugurated (which seems likely despite voter irregularity allegations by the Trump campaign) I’m hopeful Biden will look at the fact that the Eu and the uk have done a deal and finish the work of the trump administration. It’s important for the uk to get a deal with the US.

It’s logistically testing, especially now (days before Xmas) people are requesting it after Xmas for illogical (but understandable)fears so the ones in hospitals are offering it to the wider over 80s communities, so that age group can request one now.
A lot of the admin staff have broken up for Xmas too.
It’s nothing to be concerned about.

I seem to recall telling you what would happen weeks ago.

The levels of incompetence displayed so far should not come as any surprise to you.

You know what happens when you pay peanuts

It’s looking like the UK is going to have a Free Trade deal with Australia before the EU does, which will be fantastic. Many will short circuit at the news, finally faced to accept a "tangible" benefit of Brexit.
Though I shall not hold my breath.

presumably both the withdrawal agreement and the trade agreement have been designed with that in mind. Is the Eu putting a border up? Are we?

The only current administration in the US is the Trump administration. From what I have read, the deal is fairly well developed and being negotiated. Assuming Biden is inaugurated (which seems likely despite voter irregularity allegations by the Trump campaign) I’m hopeful Biden will look at the fact that the Eu and the uk have done a deal and finish the work of the trump administration. It’s important for the uk to get a deal with the US.

I do not know the answer to what is in either the withdrawal or trade agreements; I do know that when Boris started playing games with the withdrawal agreement and threatened to break International law in a "very limited" way, that it did not go down well with the Democrats.

It could be that his actions were nothing more than a bargaining threat; nevertheless, that kind of carry on will certainly not be tolerated by the Americans.

As for the deal; there isnt one.

Trump does not have the means to agree a deal (or get any other legislation passed) as it will need to progress through the House - the make up of the House will not be decided until January when there will be run offs in two precincts.

I think you are confusing the big Trade Deal with the prospect of Tariffs being removed from Scotch Whisky and Cashmere Jumpers and some other things, which are part of the relaxation of the tit for tat measures taken during the Boeing dispute.

I don’t recognise that. You maybe right on some higher plain that I’m just not on but I don’t look at people of different colours and stereotype. I look at the way they act and how they are...that’s all. Perhaps you’ve stereotyped me for being a brexiteer..

No, I said everyone. On both sides of the vote...just read up on implicit bias.