Here we go! | Page 1622 | Vital Football

Here we go!

Fuck all landlords bunch of fucking parasites they should pay 110% tax until they sell their property then it can just be 98% for the inconvenience they have inflicted on the world. Housing market has been utterly destroyed by the Tory scum & their boomer supporters
Not all bad woanz. Some of us keep a clean house and allow our rents to go well below market rates rather than whack them up because Liz Truss doubled our mortgage.

We need more landlords, not less. The rental market is horrific at the moment because there are so few rentals on the market

Not all bad woanz. Some of us keep a clean house and allow our rents to go well below market rates rather than whack them up because Liz Truss doubled our mortgage.

We need more landlords, not less. The rental market is horrific at the moment because there are so few rentals on the market

Yes because landlords are hoarding & the Tory scum have done fuck all to help anyone other than themselves

Also market rate is a joke that is determined by landlords not tenants & is still well above what a mortgage would be. Nothing personal but fuck landlords you should pay 110% tax

Yes because landlords are hoarding & the Tory scum have done fuck all to help anyone other than themselves

Also market rate is a joke that is determined by landlords not tenants & is still well above what a mortgage would be. Nothing personal but fuck landlords you should pay 110% tax
How are they "hoarding"? What are they hoarding?

The woman in that article isn't going to afford to buy a house in a million years. She hasn't worked since 2019 and is 56.

Tax all landlords 110% (Tories have had a good go to he fair), watch them all sell up and then see what happens when there isn't a rental market in this country.

The reason rental prices are astronomical isn't some cabal of Landlords fixing them- it's because loads of landlords have already sold up under this punitive Tory govenrment and Lettuce Liz's mad IR explosion, so the rental stock has collapsed; highly competitive market, insufficient supply for undeminished demand= raised prices.

We don't make any money from ours and haven't raised the rents since our tenant moved in. Hopefully <5 years the value will be high enough to sell and pay off our own mortgage, and hopefully our tenant will want to move on themselves by then as I wouldn't want to evict to sell in this market.

How are they "hoarding"? What are they hoarding?

The woman in that article isn't going to afford to buy a house in a million years. She hasn't worked since 2019 and is 56.

Tax all landlords 110% (Tories have had a good go to he fair), watch them all sell up and then see what happens when there isn't a rental market in this country.

The reason rental prices are astronomical isn't some cabal of Landlords fixing them- it's because loads of landlords have already sold up under this punitive Tory govenrment and Lettuce Liz's mad IR explosion, so the rental stock has collapsed; highly competitive market, insufficient supply for undeminished demand= raised prices.

We don't make any money from ours and haven't raised the rents since our tenant moved in. Hopefully <5 years the value will be high enough to sell and pay off our own mortgage, and hopefully our tenant will want to move on themselves by then as I wouldn't want to evict to sell in this market.
Pope you are about to get fleeced . The financial reasons you previously gave for feeling shafted by the Tories will pale into insignificance to what you are about to face.

Woanz is an example of the jealous rage coarsing through the veins of the current left wing Labour Party. You are not a “working person “ to them. You are a cash cow ready to be milked

Fuck all landlords bunch of fucking parasites they should pay 110% tax until they sell their property then it can just be 98% for the inconvenience they have inflicted on the world. Housing market has been utterly destroyed by the Tory scum & their boomer supporters
Woanz are you suggesting that a landlord’s property is the tenant’s property despite them not buying it , paying a mortgage on it and potentially putting money into its improvement? No fault eviction without proper balance is another bonkers proposal. A landlord should be free to sell its property and live in it. If the tenant can’t pay its rent, the tenant should be evicted so the landlord can rent to someone who will.

An attack on property rights is an attack on the very foundation of our democracy .

until and unless the state provides housing, we need a mixed economy of provision. Not all landlords are parasites- just a minority.

in other news, food retailers saying food prices to go up due to post brexit agreement.

whoosh
I’m sure they’ve read it. What they mean is , instead of taking a more sustainable profit they have to increase prices to maintain their extremely high profits. Oh and ofcourse nothing to do with global inflation .

If this is indeed what they mean, is this good or bad?
We should get some decent tax receipts out of it. Companies dont work that way. When Covid hit guess who had record profits? Now they have to exceed them or they get profit warnings etc. Point is that these companies are seeking to shift the blame onto an issue that can be related too, Brexit to explain why prices have too. Its standard look over there tactics.

We should get some decent tax receipts out of it. Companies dont work that way. When Covid hit guess who had record profits? Now they have to exceed them or they get profit warnings etc. Point is that these companies are seeking to shift the blame onto an issue that can be related too, Brexit to explain why prices have too. Its standard look over there tactics.

So is it good or bad that they're 'increasing prices to maintain their high profits'?

So is it good or bad that they're 'increasing prices to maintain their high profits'?
Good and Bad. Good for the country overall as tax receipts flow into the coffers , not so good for low income individuals - but the point of this discussion is that they are blaming it all on Brexit. Simply put that's tripe

He knows it isnt, they are gonna lose and lose bad at the next election. This is why he is dog whistling to their base. He is trying to save as many seats as possible. Look at their dangerous language recently regarding benefits and now with them adding to it with the planned attackl on mental health. It's all designed to mop up those few votes from the odious rodents that buy into their repulsive crap.
Of course there is nobody on this site who thinks that way… oh. 😳

Good and Bad. Good for the country overall as tax receipts flow into the coffers , not so good for low income individuals - but the point of this discussion is that they are blaming it all on Brexit. Simply put that's tripe

Ok, so accepting that there is both good and bad, in your personal view is it more of a positive or negative that supermarkets are 'increasing prices to maintain their high profits'?

Ok, so accepting that there is both good and bad, in your personal view is it more of a positive or negative that supermarkets are 'increasing prices to maintain their high profits'?
Not sure-its a complicated question as more tax receipts feeds through to the provision for public services. It's bad and negative for low income families who cant make cut backs in other areas. Very difficult one. In an inflationary environment it cannot be avoided. I tend not to like paying more for anything but that's the world we live in and its going to get worse. Nothing can be done to avoid it without a global crash. Central banks have to keep printing money to stop the entire system from collapsing.

What do you suggest we do ? Nationalise supermarkets, grow more food here cutting out supply chains abroad? What?

Not sure-its a complicated question as more tax receipts feeds through to the provision for public services. It's bad and negative for low income families who cant make cut backs in other areas. Very difficult one. In an inflationary environment it cannot be avoided. I tend not to like paying more for anything but that's the world we live in and its going to get worse. Nothing can be done to avoid it without a global crash. Central banks have to keep printing money to stop the entire system from collapsing.

What do you suggest we do ? Nationalise supermarkets, grow more food here cutting out supply chains abroad? What?

I'm not sure toms, as you say it's largely unavoidable given the inflationary environment which appears to be exacerbated by the consequences of Brexit.

It sounds like you think supermarkets raising their prices purely to maintain profits is broadly a bad thing given your post above, which surprises me as I thought you were a capitalist and so would be cheering their decision to do so and make as much money as possible.

I'm not sure toms, as you say it's largely unavoidable given the inflationary environment which appears to be exacerbated by the consequences of Brexit.

It sounds like you think supermarkets raising their prices purely to maintain profits is broadly a bad thing given your post above, which surprises me as I thought you were a capitalist and so would be cheering their decision to do so and make as much money as possible.
Don't agree its Brexit. Inflation in food prices has incurred all over the western world. This is Covid, war and money printing induced over decades.

Capitalism doesn't solve everything for everyone. Personally Im a bit more of a sustainable capitalist at heart but I think this should come from corporate culture rather than through government dictat. Personally Id be keeping my margins down and making a bit less profit and controlling my cost base rather than increasing prices on essential items during these difficult times. This might annot shareholders but would build good will for the future and probably increase volume into my stores