Here we go! | Page 14 | Vital Football

Here we go!

FFS.
I'm old enough to remember this being tried in parliament. A People's Parliament, a Government of National Unity, a citizens assembly (with no deal taken off the table), a 2nd referendum, or just give up pretending to be democratic completely, and revoke Article 50 and Letwin with 'Super Saturday' [sic].
We then saw the Benn-Burt act Withdrawal agreement(drafted by EU lawyers) which was galactically stupid to everybody who had ever had any dealings in deal-making, except remainers.
We now have pig's breakfast of conflicting legislation (internal market bill), all bought about by the remain cohort on all sides of parliament. These are the very people screaming we'll be breaking international law and lamenting no-deal or a bad deal, which was of their making.
Will they own it? Will they chuff.

We've done that arguement- u dont undermine democracy by voting. Indeed the more voting, the more democratic imo.

The only people to blame for brexit are brexiteers.

What FullFact?

Looked like it yes, mainly because it was not able to distinguish between those for whom zero contracts works and those for whom it does not. Obviously its not easy to seperate meta data in this way which is why all sides need to be careful if they intend a genuinely grown up debate.

I'm reading that the EU have backed down on fishing rights.

U keep telling urself that. I humbly suggest that it was the fact that 60%+ of the fish gets sold in europe. No point having all the fish if you cant sell it.

Just to add no point dying in a ditch over 1% of your economy either no matter how sentimental we might be over fisherman.

'kinell. I agree with Owen Jones!!!! We are where we are because of remainers.

Although he did want to leave the EU, before we had the referendum, then changed his mind for some reason...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/dec/07/remainers-britain-soft-brexit?CMP=share_btn_tw

Ah yes Brexit being shit is all the fault of remainers not that it’s a fucking stupid idea or that Tories voted against it in record numbers or that the current cabinet couldn’t negotiate their way out of a paper bag, it’s those pesky remainers. Still at least we know you can’t blame the EU for this American missile base, rain soaked, plague island being shit but it’ll be the remainers fault now.

'kinell. I agree with Owen Jones!!!! We are where we are because of remainers.

Although he did want to leave the EU, before we had the referendum, then changed his mind for some reason...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/dec/07/remainers-britain-soft-brexit?CMP=share_btn_tw
What utter nonsense.

I've never met such a thing as a "hard remainer" in my life. What political power did these hard remainers have? How many seats in the commons?

And what have they been doing since Jan 31st, when the concept of remain ceased to exist?

What utter nonsense.

I've never met such a thing as a "hard remainer" in my life. What political power did these hard remainers have? How many seats in the commons?

And what have they been doing since Jan 31st, when the concept of remain ceased to exist?

I live in a fucking Cornish fishing village about 10 miles from the biggest fishing fleet in the U.K. & meet more people who are concerned about Brexit than happy with it. The fishing industry already expects to be fucked over.

why a couple of people in bits of the country that multiple governments have forgotten about are front & centre is insane especially considering the damage to London & countless other cities

I guess fishing & territorial waters plays into the boomers world war 2 wank triangle fantasy.

It's essentially a non-regression clause. We can't suddenly start subsidising, lowering standards, diluting workers rights etc to gain an economic advantage.

It's not exactly regulatory alignment but it provides a baseline both agree to follow. It's movable too, so if the EU implements new standards then we have to match them.

It's the part of the deal they don't talk about for obvious reasons.

What utter nonsense.

One must try and get into the boy Jones’ head, but I presume he’s referring to the cohort that made up the hung Parliament last year, that kept voting against everything Brexit.
The Benn-Burt act was the culmination.

One must try and get into the boy Jones’ head, but I presume he’s referring to the cohort that made up the hung Parliament last year, that kept voting against everything Brexit.
The Benn-Burt act was the culmination.
It is a rare event that I agree with Owen Jones, but my memory is that there was no way of it passing with Labours softer brexit red lines and the ERG sabotage